There's a huge holiday surprise on Disney Channel On Demand...

Pac-Attack

This morning, I decided to see what Disney Channel has On Demand, and then I saw they have holiday specials, they have tweencoms and DCOM as usual.

But they also have holiday specials from these cartoons:

101 Dalmatians: The Series
American Dragon: Jake Long
Bonkers
Brandy & Mr. Whiskers
Darkwing Duck
Disney's Doug
The Emperor's New School
Goof Troop
Kim Possible
Lilo & Stitch
Lloyd in Space
Pepper Ann
The Proud Family
Recess
The Replacements
TaleSpin
Timon & Pumbaa
The Weekenders

I was so shocked to see all these, I already watched a couple today. I didn't think Disney would pull a stunt like this, especially Disney Channel. If only if they would air or release these shows...

Pac-Attack

They're not showing up on DIRECTV... :(
Really? I honestly assumed all providers would have this (I have Time Warner). Is there something that says "Fa, la, la, idays"? They should be in there.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Oh, wow... I never, ever thought half of those shows would ever see the light of day ever again, much less in a form like this.

Well, all I can say is, time to dust off my capture card to grab the rare ones.

I could see most of those airing on Disney XD and maybe Timon & Pumbaa and Lilo & Stitch airing on Disney Junior.

Kim Possible did run on Disney XD for a while fairly recently. Timon and Pumbaa was also on Disney Junior during its first year or so, but they only ran a small handful of episodes for whatever reason.

ToonJay723

Staff member
It's also on the Watch Disney Channel website.

Looks like Disney censored the part where Doug says the "S" word when he's talking to his dad about where babies come from.

Last edited:

Dr.Pepper

This is a pleasant surprise. The next time a TV in my house is available I need to see if I have it (I have Xfinity).
Looks like Disney censored the part where Doug says the "S" word when he's talking to his had about where babies come from.
Honestly it took me a few minutes to figure out what you meant by "s-word". I was sitting here thinking "there was no swearing on Doug..." LOL

StorytellerMJ5

Yeah, I noticed them about a week ago, the day after Thanksgiving. I was going to post about them, but I just never did.

I was really excited when I saw them, because either I haven't seen some of these shows in a while or I've never seen them. So far I've watched Emperor's New School, Lloyd in Space, 101 Dalmatians, Weekenders, Timon and Pumbaa, Proud Family, Replacements and Bonkers. Trying to save some, but I don't know when they'll get taken away, hopefully not until after Christmas.

SleepyBat

Yo-kai, won't you be my friend?
This is a pleasant surprise. The next time a TV in my house is available I need to see if I have it (I have Xfinity).

Honestly it took me a few minutes to figure out what you meant by "s-word". I was sitting here thinking "there was no swearing on Doug..." LOL
Being I never saw Doug, I'm still confused

Light Lucario

Staff member
This is a really cool surprise. I haven't seen most of these shows in ages and there are a few that I've never seen before too. I checked my On Demand section for Disney Channel and the episodes are there. I have xfinity, so that should be available for others with the same cable provider.

I just watched the Goof Troop Christmas special and I'll have to watch the others later. There are so many Christmas specials to watch. It's a nice treat, especially when Disney treats their old shows so poorly.

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Apparently there's also a Disney Replay section on Watch Disney Channel that contains a handful of Kim Possible and Ducktales episodes.

Granted, that's nowhere near as exciting as the Fa-La-La-Days batch, but I think it's worth pointing out nonetheless. I don't know if this is a new thing, nor how many others here know about this, but it does make me wonder if they plan to put a few other cartoons on there in the future, since they were willing to dig into their vault for this.

Trying to save some, but I don't know when they'll get taken away, hopefully not until after Christmas.

According to my On Demand service, they'll be there until January 4th.

Last edited:

jfoley85

Wow, wish Disney Channel OD treated its fans to surprises like this here in Canada. I think I may e-mail them to ask them if they could add some of these for the holidays until old Christmas Day !

Last edited:
This is really special news, especially the classic Disney shows that I've read above. I tried looking for them on DirectTV one time, and I tried it again just recently. Unfortunately, a friend of mine that you can only watch them on the Optimum channel.

Other than that, it's awesome that Disney does care about their classics, even if they run them on TV once every Christmas season.

jfoley85

This is really special news, especially the classic Disney shows that I've read above. I tried looking for them on DirectTV one time, and I tried it again just recently. Unfortunately, a friend of mine that you can only watch them on the Optimum channel.

Other than that, it's awesome that Disney does care about their classics, even if they run them on TV once every Christmas season.
It is though even on the US Disney Channel OD....Hopefully Disney Channel here in Canada will take note of this after the E-mail I sent them even if its done for future Christmas seasons here to add to the OD service.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ed Liu

Frog of Thunder
Staff member
Reporter
I just deleted several posts that were linking to a site that was hosting illegally uploaded programming in violation of Disney's copyright (and the copyright of lots and lots of other media companies). Toonzone does not allow or condone copyright infringement. If you have questions about whether a site is legally hosting cartoons, you can always PM a moderator to find out.

DonkeyKongSong

They're also on the WATCH Disney Channel App, under Fa-La-La-Lidays.

So I'm going to say what I always say.

If you want Disney to treat its older animated shows better, by all means, watch them like this. They're giving you a chance to show that there is an audience for them. Thanks to support like this, DuckTales and Kim Possible (and That's So Raven, Cory in the House, and Lizzie McGuire if anyone cares) are now permanently on the app. So continue to show your support! Watch the ones you like here and tell your friends! Signal boost! If they're popular enough, who knows what'll happen? Maybe there'll be more On Demand... accelerated DVDs... iTunes... maybe they'll air in Disney Replay... just watch them if you want more official releases in any way!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

did I just get threatened by breakfast cereal
I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.

Featured Posts