The Wonderful World of YouTube Part VI

pacman000

It’s root bear & a candy cigar!
Well here's something I never expected to see. The very rare independently produced 1931 version of Alice in Wonderland's on YouTube!

pacman000

Pokemon: A Great Journey

An okay fan film. Seems to get the right tone, but a bit too rushed. The CGI Pokemon blend well with the live action footage and are well-animated, but often look creepy; the FX folks need to work on the characters' faces.

Dsneybuf

Thanks to Netflix's The Toys That Made Us, I finally found the commercial for a controversial doll Mattel sold some time in the '70s:
Somehow, I find the announcer reminding the viewers that they can't really grow that quickly makes this a real guilty pleasure, as far as old Barbie commercials go.

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Wow, neat: a home movie of Back to the Future III being filmed, shot by someone who lived near the McFly house.

aaaand it's gone.
Aaaaand-Its-Gone.jpg

I really hope someone saved it

Dsneybuf

The Lost Media Wiki gave me a swell birthday present yesterday, even though I don't think I told them my birthday:
Last year, I started a goose chase for a variant of the Reading Rainbow theme that I remembered seeing a few times, but couldn't find any proof of its existence. After a few months of gathering evidence, someone finally found this low-quality YouTube upload, posted a few days before my b-day:

For further reference, the Wiki page I launched once I had evidence of the intro's existence:
https://lostmediawiki.com/Reading_R..._sequence_for_PBS_children's_TV_series;_1999)

Chris

I am a DuMont production.
Where is Part VII?
While we're pondering that, watch this ad for the Microvision. I have one of these. It's groovy.

pacman000

Hey! I just posted that MicroVision ad on AtariAge...

The Great Movie Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios.

Chris

Hey! I just posted that MicroVision ad on AtariAge....
Wow. You're on here as well? I'm "atari2600land over on AtariAge. That's where I got it from and I thought people here would be interested in it as well.

twilicorn

A Youtube user JUST THIS WEEK uploaded a YTV promo I clearly remember seeing as a kid but no one else seemed to have. It was my white whale for a while. Strangely enough, I thought it was from 2004 for some reason.
This particular variant is about an Olsen Twins movie called "Getting There". I would've hoped it would be for another of the movies featured in the first half, but it's better than nothing.

pacman000

Behold a video of Phear, the unreleased Atari Jaguar game which eventually became Tetrisphere on the N64.

Dsneybuf

Burger King demonstrates what could happen if the negative consequences of a permanent net neutrality repeal affect other aspects of life:

poparena

Nick Knacks has reached Nickelodeon 1980, where ad executive Cy Schneider was assigned to run a channel that didn't run ads.

First, Children's Classics, which is really just a bunch of stuffy BBC costume dramas that PBS wasn't using anymore.

Then, Front Row Features, MORE British imports, but these ones are at least a little fun.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
I was wondering why the name Cy Schneider sounded familiar....I actually have that book you quoted from at nine minutes in!

Chris

How do you go about even getting something like the third episode of Sesame Street?

twilicorn

How do you go about even getting something like the third episode of Sesame Street?
There's also most of the first 15 episodes uploaded too.
On Muppet Wiki, 32% of all Sesame Street episodes have complete guides, and most of them are from the past 14 years. The rest either have partial episode guides or don't have Wiki pages at all. In this day and age where more and more once-lost media is being uncovered, it won't be long before the percentage of complete guides overpowers the non-complete ones.

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts