Talkback: F-Zero: GP Legend - 'The Promise'

Mek

Digestive Juices
foxbox.jpg
fzero.jpg

English Title: 09. "The Promise"
Japanese Title: 10. "Roger and Draq"

Thank you Duke for the images. :)

Anyways, this weeks episode is an 'homage' to the movie 'Speed'. That, and for all you Captain Falcon fans out there, he finally kicks some butt in this episode. A shame ep. 11 (a Falcon-oriented episode) is being skipped over in favor of a butchered Christmas episode. =(

Oh, and fair warning to the Sunday episode people: the animation in this ep. is *really* fugly.

AnimatedSnow47

I thought this was another good episode.

F-Zero GP Legend continues to grow on me, and I'm enjoying it more and more. The animation wasn't at all ugly, at least to me. It looked good. The heroes wanting to win the race for the kid was a nice touch.

So, now we see Captain Falcon. And, of course he saves the day. Very good!

Mek

Digestive Juices
Martianinvader said:
Was it just me or was there nothing about Christmas in this episode?

Nononono.... NEXT WEEK's episode is supposed to be the 'christmas' episode.

Freedom Fighter

- Heh, Captain Falcon thinks he's all slick. Well, at least we know ONE person in this show who doesn't care if he wins the race or not.
- I guess the 'Orange 5' to 'Orange 9' thing works for the 'Speed' parody. But if we really wanted to see some carnage, Zoda should've made them keep the machines near top speed (in the Red levels). That would've make getting through turns nearly impossible, and it would be lucky if one machine got through alive. Then again, that's the sadistic side of me talking. :evil:
- Didn't take long for Rick to disobey Jody again, did it?
- Bad side of me again. Draq shoulda won just to see how Rick and Roger Buster would've reacted. :evil: Sorry... why am I like this today?

"The Promise" gets a decent 3 out of 4.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts