"Star Wars: The Acolyte" (Disney+ Series) Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
acolyte.jpg

A new female-centric Star Wars TV series is in the works from Leslye Headland (Russian Doll).

Last edited by a moderator:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
11/6: Headland's series is rumored to be a a female-driven action thriller with martial arts elements that takes place in a different time period than we usually see.

11/8: Excerpts from interview with Headland:
-Takes place in a part of the timeline we don't know much about.
-How she pitched.
-Has been working on series for a little over a year.

12/10: Leslye Headland helms "The Acolyte," "a mystery-thriller that will take viewers into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark-side powers in the final days of the High Republic era."

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I don't like that. I'm sick and tired of the Jedi stuff always involving bloodlines and legacies. I could do a point by point construction about what a terrible moral that always sends but nobody would care. It's always been a part of the franchise and it's always been shady as hell. I was hoping with the Skywalker stuff done we'd be rid of it. But it's appear the problems inherent in the saga's moral philosophies are bigger than the Skywalkers. It's depressing as hell

Frontier

Staff member
I think the Sith tournament is actually from Legends or the Knights of the Old Republic online game.

Timeline-wise I was expecting it to involve Plagueis in one form or another.
I don't like that. I'm sick and tired of the Jedi stuff always involving bloodlines and legacies. I could do a point by point construction about what a terrible moral that always sends but nobody would care. It's always been a part of the franchise and it's always been shady as hell. I was hoping with the Skywalker stuff done we'd be rid of it. But it's appear the problems inherent in the saga's moral philosophies are bigger than the Skywalkers. It's depressing as hell
I dunno, this feels less like any kind of chosen one or bloodlines thing and more to do with just what could seem like a possible scenario between siblings torn between two sides of the Force. I don't think it's all that similar to the Skywalker saga.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts