Spike TV Cartoon Question...

Are they even ordering new episodes of ANY of thier shows any more? Because if they aren't, it's a shame, because 'Gary The Rat' was pretty good.

Their 'Ren And Stimpy' and 'Stripperella' suck, though.

livingfruitvirus

No! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
Gary's cancelled. Stripperella just finished airing 8 more episodes I think. Ren and Stimpy has 3 hour long episodes coming up this summer. This Just In is still running.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
EddieTheEditor said:
Are they even ordering new episodes of ANY of thier shows any more? Because if they aren't, it's a shame, because 'Gary The Rat' was pretty good.

Gary the Rat is cancelled. Ren and Stimpy: APC is supposed to come back with new episodes in the summer and I'm guessing Stripperella might come back as well.

Edit: What livingfruitvirus said.

candy17

Black, White, and Amorous
Spike (TV) Spiegal

EddieTheEditor said:
Now wait a minute. WAIT a minute. I'd just like to clear something up. The Ren and Stimpy Classics were the good episodes. I'm sick of people lumping in the classic episodes of R&S with the new ones (unless they just don't plain like R&S in general).

But I do notice that a couple people differentiate with the old R&S and the new one by using Adult Party Cartoon (or APC) when referring to the newer version.

Thing-Fish24

EddieTheEditor said:
Whaddya talkin' about?

The Ren and Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon is hilarious!
I don't really care for Stripperella, though, but I loved the Ren and Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon.

P.S.: Clone High and Gary the Rat sucked.

tucsoncoyote

Time to get my "Game face" on
What I know about Spike TV what's in what's out.

After watching this I do know really waht is coming back and what isn't...

First off Gary the Rat is indeed out of there.. After all Gary was initially a toon that came from the internet, and while it got decent ratings, just didn't really appeal to the producers of Spike TV, so that's a known fact..and thus won't be coming back (Actually I did like this show a bit, after all, pardon the pun, it was cheesy at best, and when you deal with lawyers like Gary, well it makes you want to think the same way with CEO's and others of his elitist stature.

This Just in and Ren And Stimpy Adult Party cartoons are also coming back (as Spike and the Ratings have shown that both of these series have decent numbers, This Just in Has better numbers then R&S APC, So Spike has asked for more of both series, but more episodes for This Just in..

Now as for Stripperella, she too will be coming back just after the 4th of July with at least 8 to 9 more episodes (and a lot of the fanboys wonder (aloud) if she's going to be "Classic" Stripperella or the newer "Barbie-wire-esque" version..(Going to tell you guys up straight that Stan Lee still will be assisting in producing the show, but the animation will be the latter style).

But I liked both version of Stipperella. The Only complaint I had for the show that is on after 11 PM in the evening is that they run it like a PG or PG-14 TV show then really what it should be (which is the same as R&S APC) Namely TV-MA...(You won't see as much in terms of modesty squares or Nudity in terms of Stripperella per se, as Anderson has agreed not for the character to do this, but as for the other characters.. Frankly if the animators would get off their gun shyness about nudity in the show, the ratings on this one could have been phenomenal rather then average, but you can figure at least 8-9 new epsidoes in July (Start date is tentatively July 9th..)

Anyway I hope that answers that question (and they say that reading "Trade" Papers doesn't help your intelligence.. (I suggest reading more often.. that way it makes you look smart!:p :D )

:coyote:

loyalheart

It's Not TV. It's Cliche
from what i understand R&S: APC's new episodes will or have been changed a little since first written

Spongebrain2.0

tucsoncoyote said:
This Just in and Ren And Stimpy Adult Party cartoons are also coming back (as Spike and the Ratings have shown that both of these series have decent numbers, This Just in Has better numbers then R&S APC, So Spike has asked for more of both series, but more episodes for This Just in..

:coyote:

Where did you hear that This just In will be coming back, That is great!:D

ThePeterNetwork

Smurf Life!
What day and time does Striperella air on SpikeTV? All I get on my Yahoo TV listings is Ren & Stimpy for an hour at 2 AM.

And what does "SpikeTV Special Edit for DirecTV" mean?

Ickis

Classic Directors Cut Edition
Thing-Fish24 said:
Whaddya talkin' about?

The Ren and Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon is hilarious!
I don't really care for Stripperella, though, but I loved the Ren and Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon.

P.S.: Clone High and Gary the Rat sucked.
Ditto brother!!! Your on my buddie list.:evil:
APC may stink to some but Thing fish and I like it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

did I just get threatened by breakfast cereal
I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.

Featured Posts