Template errors

• Template public:_media_site_embed_playwire: [E_USER_WARNING] Template public:_media_site_embed_playwire is unknown (src/XF/Template/Templater.php:689)

"Scooby-Doo" Direct-to-Video Animated Features News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Might be worth posting the description for the movie, too.
Pack your Scooby Snacks and join the Mystery Inc. gang as the teen sleuths embark on a wild and spooky vacation with zombies and cat people on Scooby-Doo! Return to Zombie Island, an all-new, original film. Be among the first live audience to see this follow-up to the classic, best-selling Scooby-Doo! film, Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island, as this new animated adventure finds Scooby-Doo and his pals taking a much-deserved vacation to a tropical island. Instead of getting rest and relaxation, however, they find themselves wrapped up in one of their biggest mysteries yet!

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I was right about the movie being released within the September 13 range. I just figured it would be for both digital and DVD.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

One of the moderators on the Scooby Snax website managed to get the box art for the movie.

Last edited:

Jonwo

Return to Zombie Island looks solid but I imagine they'll be some fans that will be annoyed it's not a true sequel to Zombie Island in the tone and art style.

Frontier

Staff member
Check out the trailer for the upcoming Scooby-Doo: Return to Zombie Island animated feature! Watch it in the player below!

This looks fun although the tone and style are so different from the original movie that I'm wondering if this will really feel like a proper sequel to Zombie Island :sweat:.

I hope the zombies aren't fake...

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

Maybe Jeremy Adams or someone involved with the movie could clear things up at Comic Con, or maybe in another podcast interview like Tim Sheridan did for the 13th Ghost movie.

Last edited:

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
IMO, Zombie Island still remains the best Scooby-Doo movie, bar none. I hope this film can match that, though I admittedly have my doubts. I feel like Scooby-Doo films in general don't aim that dark/serious anymore, so I hope I can enjoy this on it's own merits.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
It should be worth noting that the original Zombie Island movie was based on some unused concept for SWAT Kats, which was also quite dark.

Scooby Doo : Frankencreepy and Scooby Doo : Moon Monster Madness are but a few of the current Scooby movies to be close in tone to Zombie Island, particularly with the villains trying to kill the gang as opposed to just merely getting them out of the way . They're even rated PG when airing on t.v..

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts