Pokémon Path to the Peak Discussion Thread

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Last installment came out as the forum was back.

Instead of being another story within a Pokémon World, this one is like ours where Pokémon is just a franchise and the basis of it is a girl who is getting use to a new location and school. Which she struggles with until finding some retro Pokémon in the house which she uses for competitive play.

Yep, a special focusing on TCG. All four part:

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
I don't play the cards myself, but I have some myself.

Also a scene slightly changed was the dad geeking out of seeing a 23k Gold Card in Episode 2. One of the cards from Burger King way back in 1999 (Odd to again think of that year as long ago):

Didn't save every bit of them, but I have the cards and their clear case as well still.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I was just thinking about making this thread last night, but I didn't know if anyone would be interested in talking about the series either. Path to the Peak is a pretty solid mini series. I like the character designs, Ava was a likable lead with fun characters to bounce off of and it was a fun look into the TCG. I don't really have much experience with actually playing the game myself. I collect the cards for the artwork, but outside of the old school Game Boy Color game, I've never actually played the TCG.

Showing Ava imagine her Pokemon battling was a fun way to showcase how the game works. Each episode was paced pretty well and felt like they told a complete story in about ten minutes, which is something not every Pokemon mini series is able to do. Admittedly, I think Ava was unbelievably good at the game, especially if she didn't lose a match until Internationals, but the point was to showcase the different events around the TCG and it gave her a major defeat before the finale. A fun highlight was with the Dad playing the Pokemon World theme song, the kids initially being embarrassed only for them to join in singing along.

Twilight Wings is still my favorite mini series so far, but Path to the Peak was really good too. It was a fun way to provide more focus on the TCG.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?
Twitter remains super toxic, I do not recommend spending more time on there than you have to. I have friends on there, but meh.
Today marks the 25th Year Anniversary of when the Original Game of the Super Smash Bros. Franchise was released in North America. It's quite surreal to see how far Nintendo's All-Star Battle Royale Franchise has come since its early days.

Featured Posts