New overseas animation studios Disney should open

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Since opening Walt Disney Animation Studios Vancouver, and that studio’s first project, the Moana TV series, being turned into the theatrical film Moana 2, I think The Walt Disney Company should open up some new overseas animation studios, just like they did in the 80s and 90s (though the former Australia, Japan, and France studios were acquired ones), allowing them to return to animating TV shows in-house, but still overseas (some shows would also continue to be animated by a third-party overseas studio).

Here are my ideal studios:
  • Walt Disney Animation Studios India and Walt Disney Animation Studios China
    • Satellite studios of WDAS, specializing in both 2D and CG. They provide additional services to WDAS films, handle outsourcing for WDAS-produced TV shows, and each/both may have the potential to make films in-house.
  • Pixar India and Pixar China
    • Satellite studios of Pixar, handling outsourcing for Pixar shorts and shows, along with providing additional animation for Pixar films.
  • Disney Television Animation India (formed from the ashes of DQ Entertainment)
    • Overseas outsourcing studio for Disney TVA shows, specializing in both 2D and CG (but mainly the latter).
  • Disney Television Animation China (formerly Synergy Animation)
    • Overseas outsourcing studio for Disney TVA shows, specializing in both 2D and CG.
  • Walt Disney Animation Philippines
    • Overseas outsourcing studio for Disney TVA shows, specializing in 2D. Consists of former Snipple, Toon City, and Top Draw staff.
  • Walt Disney Animation Korea (formerly Sugarcube)
    • Overseas outsourcing studio for Disney TVA shows, specializing in 2D.
What do you think?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I heard Max is giving Scavengers Reign to Netflix. Maybe they'll do more with it over there than Max did.
My reaction that TeenNick is airing more cartoons than live-action.

Quoted for the truth!
PLuto LEGO now is airing LEGO Friends: Next Chapter. Disney channel former recently aired this before.
It bugs me how when you say Looney Tunes, most people jump to the 50's Chuck Jones shorts as the default. I'm not trying to throw shade at Jones; he was great and the 50s LTs were great, but the 40's shorts shouldn't be overlooked; they're that much better IMO.

Featured Posts