MeTV Toons Network to Launch as a Collaboration Between Weigel Broadcasting and Warner. Bros Discovery - Launching on June 25th

aegisrawks

Well, if that's the case, I really want them to air Codename Kids Next Door and Mucha Lucha onto MeTV Toons lol. They used to air on Kids WB in the mid 2000's, so why not? :D
I dont know if you are kidding but that's actually not a bad or even far fetched idea. Xiaolin Showdown was a fellow KIds WB show. And thanks for not going "YOUR WRONG AEGISRAWKS!!!" as in ruthlessly shoot down my hope. You are kind.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
I dont know if you are kidding but that's actually not a bad or even far fetched idea. Xiaolin Showdown was a fellow KIds WB show. And thanks for not going "YOUR WRONG AEGISRAWKS!!!" as in ruthlessly shoot down my hope. You are kind.
Yeah I was just joking around since I know it’s not going to happen, but I’m not knocking on you either. You’re cool. :D

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
There's a WBTV streaming channel called Cartoon Rewind that's been running things like Mr.T, Silverhawks, Beetle Juice, Pac-Man, The Pirates of Dark Water, Monchhichis etc. would be interesting if those carry over to this too.

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Despite what I said about this being an adults channel, I REALLY WANT them to air Pretty Cure, the Canadian dub is uncut footage wise, and technically its NOT NEW, its a 20 year old show now and the dub is only less old by a few years..
I'd be surprised if that showed up. They're targeting nostalgic Americans and Pretty Cure never aired here. (There is Glitter Force, but that feels even less likely and is probably locked up at Netflix anyway.)

Kooplecrap Me

Cartoonist, Researcher, Inactive YouTuber
OK dumb question, but since we now know Xiaolin and Krypto are both confirmed to air on Toons, is Johnny Test supposedly possible? They have some WildBrain content like Rocky and Bullwinkle and Inspector Gadget, and JT is owned by the same company. So I was just wondering if they'll pick up JT as well and air the S1 episodes

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
OK dumb question, but since we now know Xiaolin and Krypto are both confirmed to air on Toons, is Johnny Test supposedly possible? They have some WildBrain content like Rocky and Bullwinkle and Inspector Gadget, and JT is owned by the same company. So I was just wondering if they'll pick up JT as well and air the S1 episodes
I mean, it’s not impossible. I do know that Johnny Test Season 1 was produced by Warner Bros Animation before Wildbrain picked it up. Does it mean I want Johnny Test to be part of MeTV Toons? Personally, hell no.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
There's a WBTV streaming channel called Cartoon Rewind that's been running things like Mr.T, Silverhawks, Beetle Juice, Pac-Man, The Pirates of Dark Water, Monchhichis etc. would be interesting if those carry over to this too.
The first three are confirmed for MeTV Toons already, so anything’s possible

awinger24

Animaniacs and Tiny Toons in streaming limbo? That sucks. We'll see if MeTV Toons or someone else saves them from streaming limbo.
WB retains the copyright to these shows but think of all the legal hurdles they had to go through. They have been off the air for years until The Hub (now known as Discovery Family) got the rights to air them.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
One of the characters on that screen is Heathcliff. I wonder which Heathcliff series Me TV Toons is going to show; Heathcliff and Dingbat (later Heathcliff and Marmaduke) produced by Ruby-Spears, or the syndicated Heathcliff and the Cadillac Cats that was produced by DIC?

Jeff Harris

Creator/Webmaster, TXB
Looking at the initial landing page, some of Cartoon Rewind's shows are already confirmed to air on MeTV Toons:
  • Silverhawks
  • Beetlejuice
  • Mister T
  • Challenge of the GoBots
  • Police Academy: The (Animated) Series
So I wouldn't doubt any of the others will have a place there as well. Of course, I'm anticipating Cartoon Rewind getting more shows as well as expanding outside of Freevee in the future.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
Since the Ruby Spears Heathcliff series has a DVD release from WB Archive, it seems likelier to me.

Jeff Harris

Creator/Webmaster, TXB
One of the characters on that screen is Heathcliff. I wonder which Heathcliff series Me TV Toons is going to show; Heathcliff and Dingbat (later Heathcliff and Marmaduke) produced by Ruby-Spears, or the syndicated Heathcliff and the Cadillac Cats that was produced by DIC?
Honestly, considering MeTV Toons snagged Inspector Gadget from WildBrain (owners of the DIC catalog), it could be both airing on the channel.

Pooky

Staff member

I've been wondering the same thing; the image featured looks more like the more comics-accurate Ruby Spears design though. As mentioned above they've theoretically got access to both versions.

Jeff Harris

Creator/Webmaster, TXB
MeTV Toons is a network aimed toward older audiences, particularly Boomers, Gen Xers, and older Millennials.

This is not a children's network at all, though kids can watch it if they want.

The folks in charge of the network have been on the record saying they're not putting on recent/modern kids' shows. You'll see the 1980s version of Inspector Gadget but won't the recent Netflix revival of the series. While something like Xiaolin Showdown and Krypto the Superdog will be there (the latter likely for E/I requirements), don't expect a show like Johnny Test to heavily appear on MeTV Toons since it doesn't totally appeal to the core demo of the channel.

aegisrawks

MeTV Toons is a network aimed toward older audiences, particularly Boomers, Gen Xers, and older Millennials.

This is not a children's network at all, though kids can watch it if they want.

The folks in charge of the network have been on the record saying they're not putting on recent/modern kids' shows. You'll see the 1980s version of Inspector Gadget but won't the recent Netflix revival of the series. While something like Xiaolin Showdown and Krypto the Superdog will be there (the latter likely for E/I requirements), don't expect a show like Johnny Test to heavily appear on MeTV Toons since it doesn't totally appeal to the core demo of the channel.
FINALLY SOMEONE SAID THIS! Thank you!

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
I wonder what the cuttoff date is for too recent. Krypto isn't even 20 years old yet. 2010?

Jeff Harris

Creator/Webmaster, TXB
I wonder what the cuttoff date is for too recent. Krypto isn't even 20 years old yet. 2010?
There are very, very, VERY few post-2000 shows on the MeTV Toons roster so far, and most of the ones presented have ties to DC (Krypto) or Looney Tunes (Baby Looney Tunes and Duck Dodgers). Xiaolin Showdown premiered in 2003, and I feel that could be the cutoff date for any non-Looney Tunes/DC shows on the channel.

Krypto is likely on the channel to fulfill FCC E/I requirements, as is Baby Looney Tunes.

I don't see many shows from the last 20 years on the channel at all.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts