"Max (Warner Bros. Discovery Streaming Service)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
^^To be fair, it's just various seasons of these shows that are being removed:

Season 1 of PPG
Season 1 of Ben 10
Season 4 of EEnE
And Race Against Time is a movie.

Still, these cuts wouldn't be so grating if WB was planning to replace them with something. (Or maybe they are? Who knows anymore?)

Last edited:

Marble

Worms and plastic minnows!
I tried Max about 3 weeks ago and found that VPN-ing to Mexico brought a lot of those removed shows back, as well as a lot of other ones. Much better CN selection there.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
All of Ben 10 is on Netflix , they did randomly cut season 4 of the reboot a while ago, but that's on the Cartoon Network site. Season 1 of PPG is on Netflix. The last time I was told they were cutting Race Against Time, they didn't.
They have cut Discovery shows on the service before too, Mythbusters they did chop out a few seasons there for a bit, I think just returned them (everything was still on the Discovery Channel app, not Plus) A Haunting was cut down to two seasons, it's not just CN stuff being cut.

JMTV

Pim The Precious Boi
All of Ben 10 is on Netflix , they did randomly cut season 4 of the reboot a while ago, but that's on the Cartoon Network site. Season 1 of PPG is on Netflix. The last time I was told they were cutting Race Against Time, they didn't.
They have cut Discovery shows on the service before too, Mythbusters they did chop out a few seasons there for a bit, I think just returned them (everything was still on the Discovery Channel app, not Plus) A Haunting was cut down to two seasons, it's not just CN stuff being cut.
Well, then again, Adult Swim got some cuts, too. So, what do I know?

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Wasn't sure if I should put this in the US TV thread or here but since it pertains to Warner Discovery, I'll put it here. Charles Barkley, famous basketball player and one of the hosts for the Emmy winning Inside the NBA mentioned that morale on the show right now is low due to the fact that it looks like TNT is going to lose the broadcast rights to the NBA for the first time in over 30 years. It hasn't been confirmed yet by the NBA but NBC outbid them for the rights. That means, if it's true, then the show would basically be cancelled. Now, they're looking at different options, such as signing to his production company and then packaging a version of the show to other networks but Barkley blames Zaslav's comments from two years ago where he said that they don't need the NBA for the reason they're going to lose out on it.

JMTV

Pim The Precious Boi
Wasn't sure if I should put this in the US TV thread or here but since it pertains to Warner Discovery, I'll put it here. Charles Barkley, famous basketball player and one of the hosts for the Emmy winning Inside the NBA mentioned that morale on the show right now is low due to the fact that it looks like TNT is going to lose the broadcast rights to the NBA for the first time in over 30 years. It hasn't been confirmed yet by the NBA but NBC outbid them for the rights. That means, if it's true, then the show would basically be cancelled. Now, they're looking at different options, such as signing to his production company and then packaging a version of the show to other networks but Barkley blames Zaslav's comments from two years ago where he said that they don't need the NBA for the reason they're going to lose out on it.

(sighs) Look, as much as I love basketball as a kid, I wasn't into NBA stuff on TV. So, this doesn't really affect me.

With that said, if it is true that Zazzie Dawg is not interested in the NBA anymore, then not only I think it's a complete slap in the face to Ted Turner's long term relationship with NBA, and making the people losing their jobs, but he's making all the Turner networks lose more viewership because people tuned in to TNT, TBS, and TruTV to the NBA broadcast. If the Turner networks loses the NBA, then what's the point even tuned in?

Also, is it TruTV just became a half-sports channel a few months ago?
As of today (May 28), only Ben 10: Race Against Time has been removed from Max. PPG Season 1, Ed 3 Season 4 and Ben 10 (2016) are all still there.
Not that excuse on what they were doing, of course.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Not that excuse on what they were doing, of course.
Oh, no. I'm not letting Zaz off the hook, not by a long shot. I was making the point for all the worry that these seasons of shows would be leaving Max, Ben 10: Race Against Time was the only thing that did (so far).

However, Ben 10 2016 is currently the only Ben 10 series that's on Max. Every other Ben 10 series is either on Netflix or on Prime Video.

JMTV

Pim The Precious Boi
Oh, no. I'm not letting Zaz off the hook, not by a long shot. I was making the point for all the worry that these seasons of shows would be leaving Max, Ben 10: Race Against Time was the only thing that did (so far).

However, Ben 10 2016 is currently the only Ben 10 series that's on Max. Every other Ben 10 series is either on Netflix or on Prime Video.
That's fair, but you know what I mean.;)

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
As of today (May 28), only Ben 10: Race Against Time has been removed from Max. PPG Season 1, Ed 3 Season 4 and Ben 10 (2016) are all still there.
And that Ben 10 (2016) is with out most of season 4, that's on the Cartoon Network app. That movie was only on Max too.
With that said, if it is true that Zazzie Dawg is not interested in the NBA anymore, then not only I think it's a complete slap in the face to Ted Turner's long term relationship with NBA, and making the people losing their jobs, but he's making all the Turner networks lose more viewership because people tuned in to TNT, TBS, and TruTV to the NBA broadcast. If the Turner networks loses the NBA, then what's the point even tuned in?
There's still hockey! I will say the NBA wants too much money for a product that hasn't had the strongest ratings at times, recently. They want to take Disney/ESPN's money even though ESPN hasn't really helped their sport by focusing a few teams and only a few basketball players. I'm not an NBA fan but ESPN's treatment of the Denver Nuggets last year and how they were so blatantly biased towards the Knicks in that game 7. It's been funny during this I've seen people who seem really happy the NBC could get coverage again because they miss it and they've not had coverage since 2002. People still remember and miss them, they also are worried if TNT lose the rights, but the fans don't like ESPN at all, that's funny. I think Discovery Man's statement was stupid, but I don't think there's a justifiable reason to pay way more for rights that seem to be getting cut anyway where there's going to be a third party.

JMTV

Pim The Precious Boi
And that Ben 10 (2016) is with out most of season 4, that's on the Cartoon Network app. That movie was only on Max too.

There's still hockey! I will say the NBA wants too much money for a product that hasn't had the strongest ratings at times, recently. They want to take Disney/ESPN's money even though ESPN hasn't really helped their sport by focusing a few teams and only a few basketball players. I'm not an NBA fan but ESPN's treatment of the Denver Nuggets last year and how they were so blatantly biased towards the Knicks in that game 7. It's been funny during this I've seen people who seem really happy the NBC could get coverage again because they miss it and they've not had coverage since 2002. People still remember and miss them, they also are worried if TNT lose the rights, but the fans don't like ESPN at all, that's funny. I think Discovery Man's statement was stupid, but I don't think there's a justifiable reason to pay way more for rights that seem to be getting cut anyway where there's going to be a third party.
I mean, that’s a fair point. Like I said, I’m not into NBA, and I could be wrong on how things operate and I don’t really know if WBD is not interested in NBA or not, but something about this whole thing really rubs me the wrong way.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I mean, that’s a fair point. Like I said, I’m not into NBA, and I could be wrong on how things operate and I don’t really know if WBD is not interested in NBA or not, but something about this whole thing really rubs me the wrong way.
It is bad, I do think there's some onus on the sports leagues wanting more money and not caring about quality or relationships fostered by decades of work.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Here's adult animation category ballot for Emmy Awards 2024. I'm hoping that Praise Petey will get in the final line-up.

I don't know where to post this...
but Alvin and the Chipmunks movie is in development of Disney.

I guess Nick is officially done with this franchise for now.
Happy 20th Birthday to the Cartoon Network City Era!

Featured Posts