Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars "The Citadel" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this "Avengers: Secret Wars" episode!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Tune in for Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars! Disney XD will premiere three new episodes, back-to-back, today starting at 8:00AM ET! Don't miss the 3-Part Season Finale!

lVaQ7SR.png
Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars "The Citadel"
Episode Debut - March 11th, 2018
Directed by - Tim Eldred
Written by - Danielle Wolff

Captain America and Iron Man are captured by the Beyonder and the villain team he has assembled.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: If possible, please try and discuss the events of each new episode airing today in its respective talkback thread.

General Mike

Liked seeing MODOK, even if the AA version of him is probably my least favorite portrayal of him. Absorbing Man and Crimson Widow is quite the lame villain team, at least to me.

They actually got me and I thought Tony went evil for a few minutes there. Shame on me. Cap and Tony going at it is usually pretty fun though and this was no different. good first part for a season finale.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I have to admit, I actually thought the orb was causing the two heroes to go crazy for a second there...but did Tony and Steve really have time to make a plan like that?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars "The Citadel"

You did it! WE did it! Kill me now.

I thought Cap and Iron Man's fight over the orb was super lame until they revealed it was a total put-on. So now I like it.

Nobody destroys Tony's tech but Tony! And sometimes the Hulk!

Pretty good. ***1/2.

Ultra8

Now all I/You can do
So, in his comic book appearances, is Ares always portrayed so over the top? He came off like a character from a completely different cartoon then everybody else involved.
It depends on the writer. He's usually more level headed and strategic, unless Hercules is involved then he goes a little nuts(Herc killed his pets the Stymphalian birds).

Roxas_Sora

Took me long enough to see the new episodes, but I finally did. Let's see:

+ I saw more locations of Battleworld: Vampire Federation (which I should guess considering the episode on K'un Lun), Lost of the Symbiotes (too easy, considering it has two great lakes with the form of venom's eyes), United States of Crime (I wish it would have been more clear where exactly was that territory), and of course, The Citadel (which they could shew clearly on the map too).

+ Moon Boy and Devil Dinosaur appeared together, nice. But in that scene, were they friends or enemies of the Avengers? It seemed they were chasing Miss Marvel and Ant-Man, but I don't get the reason to do it. I wish they would have been allies.

+ Ares has such temper for being mistaken with as Asgardian (quite ridiculous, as Greek Mythology is way more famous than Nordic Mythology). Also, saying that Asgardians are brutes compared with "refined olympians"; Ares shouldn't have looked in the mirror lately. However, remembering the episode from Disney's Hercules (animated series) with the Nordic Pantheon, I think Ares could have some right about it.

+ Iron Man saying MODOK is not a team player, did he forget how this series started in the first place? With Red Skull and MODOK "assembling" the Cabal.

+ Absorbin Man's hand being cut and then relieved that it stuck again while changing form, sounds familiar? That was something that happened back in the original Secret War comic in 1984; when Wolverine cut Absorbing Man's arm when he absorbed some rocks.

+ The Beyonder is a real jerk!!! I truly miss the irritating but noble version of the character that I met back in Spider-Man's animated series from the 90s.

Well, opinions?

Frontier

Staff member
Having Cap and Iron Man as the sole main Avengers in this episode reminded me of how most plots in the early seasons focused on the conflict or dynamic between Steve and Tony. Not fond memories, if I'm being honest :sweat:.

Tony buckling under the pressure's of Battleworld was an interesting idea even if it seemed to kind of come out-of-nowhere with how well-adjusted he had been in the prior episodes o_O.

I liked Ares taking offense at being compared to an Asgardian. It's a shame we never got to see him or Hercules bounce off Thor at all this season, because that probably would have been fun :anime:.

The team-up of Ares, Crimson Widow, MODOK, and Absorbing Man was certainly an interesting and eclectic bunch of villains even if they didn't look as impressive after getting single-handedly beaten and schooled by Cap :rolleyes2:.

Yeah, what was with that "MODOK isn't a team player" line? I mean, he was one of the first members of the Cabal way back in season 1 and ran an entire organization in AIM :confused:.

Of course Tony gets the one-on-one confrontation with the main villain, though it was nice to get more insight into the Beyonder's mindset for Battleworld and how that reflects on Tony as a scientist and an inventor. It almost makes me think they made the Beyonder more tech-based so that he would have something to connect him to Tony :ack:.

I liked how Beyonder tried to tempt Tony by bringing up once again how Tony is worried about his own legacy and whether he'll leave something worthwhile behind. We've seen this referenced way back in the Kang storyline, and even in the Howard Stark/Peggy episode, so it was a very believable point issue for Tony to be dealing with :).

I'm kind of surprised that the show finally gave us a big Cap vs. Iron Man fight here instead of both times it's done a Civil War storyline. We even have Cap saying "I could do this all day." And it still wasn't a legitimate fight :p.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.

Featured Posts