"Marvel Super Hero Adventures" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
I don't think anyone in here is a recognizable VA, honestly, which is kind of surprising given how consistent Marvel has been in re-using the cartoon voices o_O.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I don't think anyone in here is a recognizable VA, honestly, which is kind of surprising given how consistent Marvel has been in re-using the cartoon voices o_O.
It seems like the consistent voice cast will only be for those not related to Spiderman and the characters in his mythos. I mean, the current Spiderman cartoon doesn't use any actors from previous Spider-Man cartoons reprising their Spider-Man character roles (Travis Willingham as Sandman is a reprisal from a video game, not a tv show), while the reprisals we have so far (Mick Wingert, Jim Cummings, and Fred Tatasciore as Iron Man, Ghost, and Hulk) are non-Spiderman related characters. This series could be one of those exceptions though.

Frontier

Staff member
It seems like the consistent voice cast will only be for those not related to Spiderman and the characters in his mythos. I mean, the current Spiderman cartoon doesn't use any actors from previous Spider-Man cartoons reprising their Spider-Man character roles (Travis Willingham as Sandman is a reprisal from a video game, not a tv show), while the reprisals we have so far (Mick Wingert, Jim Cummings, and Fred Tatasciore as Iron Man, Ghost, and Hulk) are non-Spiderman related characters. This series could be one of those exceptions though.
Marvel usually has whoever the current VA's reprise the role in other animated works, so I'm surprised that doesn't seem to be the case here.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The first two shorts are now online:

Marvel Super Hero Adventures S1, Ep1 - One Big Mess
When Ultron steals Tony Stark’s brand-new, high-tech garbage truck, Iron Man shows Spidey how to use problem-solving skills and inventiveness to stop the ravaging robot and clean up the city.

Marvel Super Hero Adventures S1 Ep2 - Uh Oh, It's Magic!
Thor and Spidey enjoy a summer day at the pier until everyone’s fun is frozen over by the evil Loki. While our heroes try to break the icy spell, Thor reminds Spidey to always look out for the little guy.

Frontier

Staff member
I thought those were both pretty cute :).

The animation is obviously pretty cartoony and kiddy, though it was also a little more consistent and colorful then the animation for the main Marvel cartoons, and a step-up from Super Hero Squad's look in my opinion ;).

It doesn't seem like they brought back any of the cartoon VA's for this, so we got soundalikes instead, which is kind of weird o_O.

The framing device of normal-animated Spider-Man recounting to the audience some life lessons he learned while teaming-up with another Marvel hero is...interesting. Though it also gives me bad Ultimate Spider-Man flashbacks with the fourth-wall breaking :sweat:.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
The fact the first two villains are from the movies makes me happy as it's a good sign to a Baron Zemo appearance.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Three new shorts are now online:

Marvel Super Hero Adventures Ep. 3 | That Drone Cat
After an intense battle with Doc Ock, Spidey and his pal Miles Morales accidentally scare a cat named Mittens, sending her scampering into the city. As our heroes desperately try to catch the runaway feline, Miles teaches Spidey to learn from his mistakes.

Marvel's Super Hero Adventures ep. 4 | Rock and Roll
When Spidey and Ant-Man try to rescue people off a collapsing bridge, Hulk decides to pitch in but his “smashing” makes things worse. In order to save everyone, all three heroes discover the importance of self-control and thinking before you act.

Marvel's Super Hereo Adventures ep 5 | Electric Youth
When Spidey and Ms. Marvel both show up to stop a bank robbery, they have to put aside their differences and work together to take down the evil Electro!

Frontier

Staff member
Three new shorts are now online:

Marvel Super Hero Adventures Ep. 3 | That Drone Cat
Poor Miles. Whenever he's paired with Peter he's left without a codename, which makes it awkward when Spidey calls him "Miles" directly in front of a Supervillain and other people :sweat:.

That's got to be the quickest Doc Ock fight ever. Then again, Venom Blast = One Hit KO :rolleyes:.

Why did random drones just pop out of a factory? Was it a factory that built drones alongside moving boxes :confused:?

Peter and Miles on that conveyor belt felt like video game style animation :p.
Marvel's Super Hero Adventures ep. 4 | Rock and Roll
I think this is the first time Fred Tatasciore hasn't voiced the Hulk in a cartoon since Super Hero Squad :ack:.

Isn't Ant-Man's strength when he's small proportionate to how strong he is normal-sized? I don't think he should've been able to catch that boulder o_O.

Hulk being bummed about not getting to smash something feels far more appropriate here then it has in Assemble ;).
Marvel's Super Hereo Adventures ep 5 | Electric Youth
It's weird seeing Ms. Marvel as this fairly confident and standard hero on equal-footing with Spider-Man :oops:.

It also feels weird that Ms. Marvel being with The Avengers is treated as this natural thing that they can just namedrop :shrug:.

Electro is a nice surprise :).

Though...shouldn't his pure electricity form be blue :harley:?

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I didn't realize the shorts were on the Disney Junior site/ Disney Now, too. Does anyone know if they've been on TV.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
They couldn't find a better villain for the Captain America short than the Tinkerer? :p

Interesting Captain Marvel appeared both in regular design and the super-deformed style.

Nice seeing Reptil and Stegron in there. All in all, pretty neat stuff.

There should be only one more short left after this, I think Spider-Gwen and Black Panther are the only ones announced that haven't appeared yet. But then again, Reptil wasn't on the poster and he did get to appear.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
New Shorts

I'm glad to see Reptil still in use.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
I thought Spidey's thing was that he was the guy who focused on the smaller stuff that the Avengers don't, but then again I guess it's also in-character for Cap to care too ;).

Tinkerer being the villain for the Cap short was a nice surprise. It did make me realize that he's the only villain from Spider-Man: Homecoming who hasn't appeared in Marvel's Spider-Man yet o_O.

How were they able to return all those toys to their owners? Were they all reported missing :sweat:?

Oh hey, Carol has normal hair for once :p.

I think I prefer Carol's mask as a domino mask over the helmet. Maybe because it reminds me of her Ms. Marvel identity ;).

In my headcanon, one of the male astronauts is John Jameson :proud:.

It was awesome to see Reptil again, especially since he wasn't one of the heroes on the promotional poster or in any of the cartoons right now :D.

Although having his dinosaur forms be green reminded a little too much of Beast Boy :ack:.

Stegron being the villain of the Reptil short was cool, since he's a relatively more obscure Spider-Man villain and this is his first animated appearance :anime:.

Rhino had a...very dopey face in this :wakko:.

Some cool references to major Spidey feats, from landing a shuttle (ASM #1), stopping a train (Spider-Man 2), and even stopping an unstoppable force in cement (Nothing Can Stop the Juggernaut) :cool:.
They couldn't find a better villain for the Captain America short than the Tinkerer? :p
Got to have that Homecoming movie synergy :rolleyes2:.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Interesting Captain Marvel appeared both in regular design and the super-deformed style.

There should be only one more short left after this, I think Spider-Gwen and Black Panther are the only ones announced that haven't appeared yet. But then again, Reptil wasn't on the poster and he did get to appear.

It makes me think Carol might appear on Marvel's Spider-Man since they've been using the character designs from that show in the wraparound segments.

Did they specify how many shorts there were supposed to be?

How were they able to return all those toys to their owners? Were they all reported missing :sweat:?

Oh hey, Carol has normal hair for once :p.

I think I prefer Carol's mask as a domino mask over the helmet. Maybe because it reminds me of her Ms. Marvel identity ;).

It was awesome to see Reptil again, especially since he wasn't one of the heroes on the promotional poster or in any of the cartoons right now :D.

Stegron being the villain of the Reptil short was cool, since he's a relatively more obscure Spider-Man villain and this is his first animated appearance :anime:.

Rhino had a...very dopey face in this :wakko:.

I knew I liked Carol's hair for a reason here. I generally have never liked Carol's Captain Marvel look but I think it works at times, like it does here. I especially hate her helmet so I'm with you about the domino mask. Speaking of looks, they seem to use the same Wasp costume used in the Ant-Man shorts and I prefer that to the costume seen in Secret Wars. This is the first time that Spidey and Reptil have crossed paths in the cartoons since Spidey never made it to Super Hero Squad or Frost Fight, and Reptil never showed up on Ultimate Spider-Man or anything else. It's nice to see Stegron. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Rhino's look is unfortunate. He looks like a dog boy with those floppy ears. He looked like a mix of the Rhino from Marvel's Spider-Man and the armored Rhino from the promotional material.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Did they specify how many shorts there were supposed to be?
They said the first run would have 10 episodes.

But there might be more already finished waiting to be released later on. They didn't really have a schedule for this, releasing 2, 3 or 4 episodes at once.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Gurihiru art is so pretty to me. I'd love to see it applied to animation someday.

This tweet apparently lists some of the voice cast:

Cole Howard - Spider-Man
Brian Drummond - Iron Man
Mark Oliver - Batroc/Ghost
Tabitha St. Germaine - Friday
Michael Dangerfield - Captain America
Adrian Petriw - Ant-Man
Omari Akil Newton - Black Panther

Adrian Petriw is the only one I recognize automatically.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Troy Troodon

I'm guessing Mark Gibbon is The Hulk then, not that I mind but I was kind'a hoping for Scott McNeil to take a crack at the Green Goliath.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I wonder if the new Dexter's Lab set will have Rude Removal on it. They were okay with putting The Whoopass Girls on the PPG set many years ago that they were advertising on Cartoon Network (albeit they muted every time it was said in the pilot). This set's clearly for adults.
They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.
Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.
I haven't seen a channel launch as promising as MeTV Toons since The Hub. Let's hope their similarities don't extend to fate.
Happy 8th Anniversary to the Loud House! I still enjoy the show, mostly.

Featured Posts