Looney Tunes: Title Goofs, Altered endings, Dubbed Versions, etc. discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreth

Is there any differences between the European 1995 Dubbed prints and the USA 1995 dubbed prints of Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies?

DVDLooney

There is no difference other than the quality and probably the dialogue of the Dubbed prints.

NewBogus :)

You're fired!
@Dreth and @DVDLooney - Don't forget, that European Turner Dubbed 1995 prints has also edited soundtracks for some shorts, for example for Daffy Duck in Hollywood, 1938. In Polish dubbing you can hear music audio track from Don't Axe Me, 1958 in the scene when Daffy makes from cigarette a Warner Bros. Logo. Polish, Russian dubbing (for 2x2 TV) and many european dubbings uses European prints with edited soundtracks. Plus some shorts in Europe, has replaced ending credits for example: Dog Daze has 1947-1948 MM Dubbed 1995 combo rings at the ending titles, instead of 1937-1938 MM Dubbed 1995 combo rings, or if you watched I only have eyes for you ending scene here -> you can see the replaced ending title card (1937-1938 MM Dubbed 1995 ending titles instead of 1947-1948 MM Dubbed 1995 ending titles).

Cool_Cat

Most of the European 1995 Dubbed versions have the altered ending track, unlike the US ones and sometimes different color correction and fake fade outs at the titles when they use borders.

Then foreign dubs (this applies for both PAL and NTSC) have altered background music during parts with voices, because the soundtrack wasn't recorded until The Windblown Hare. This also happens to some post 48 short.

You're fired!
So interesting, altered audio tracks were also availible on B/W Looney Tunes dubbed shorts in Poland f.e.: Hollywood Capers, 1935, Porky in Wackyland, 1938, You Ought to be in Pictures, 1940, The Film Fan, 1939, Porky's Teabiscuit, 1939 and Porky Pig's Feat, 1943.

Cool_Cat

That's in any language, not just Polish. Those tracks are in WB's archives. The first shorts which kept the music/effects track were released in 1949 and not all of them until at least 1953, so when there's missing they had to alter it by putting cues from other shorts. They used music only tracks for mid 50s shorts which sound very out of place in some old short.

Daffyrocks

Back from the dead.... or...?
Since now I found this thread, I would like to know something:
- from what short does the music cue used at the end of the dubbed versions of "Elmer's Candid Camera" (1940) and "Draftee Daffy" (1945)
- what music is used at the begining of the dubbed versions of "The Eager Beaver" (1946) and "I Taw a Putty Tat" (1948)

You're fired!
Since now I found this thread, I would like to know something:
- from what short does the music cue used at the end of the dubbed versions of "Elmer's Candid Camera" (1940) and "Draftee Daffy" (1945)
- what music is used at the begining of the dubbed versions of "The Eager Beaver" (1946) and "I Taw a Putty Tat" (1948)

1) From "A Hound for Trouble" and "Chow Hound"
2) I have no idea, but maybe from one of the Road Runner shorts.

Daffyrocks

Now I would also like to know from where does come from:
- this music from the "dubbed" version of "Hare-Um Scare-Um" (1939) (go to 06:22 to hear it)
- the music used at the end of the "dubbed" version of "Slick Hare" (1947) and also at the end of the "dubbed" version of "Brother Brat" (1944)
- the music from "What Makes Daffy Duck" (1948) ("dubbed" version) when Daffy flirts with the girl duck (actually Elmer in disguise)
- the music from "Life with Feathers" (1945) ("dubbed" version) when Sylvester is starving and the blue bird shows him food from the cooking book

Last edited:

You're fired!
Now I would also like to know from where does come from:
- this music from the "dubbed" version of "Hare-Um Scare-Um" (1939) (go to 06:22 to hear it)
- the music used at the end of the "dubbed" version of "Slick Hare" (1947) and also at the end of the "dubbed" version of "Brother Brat" (1944)
- the music from "What Makes Daffy Duck" (1948) ("dubbed" version) when Daffy flirts with the girl duck (actually Elmer in disguise)
- the music from "Life with Feathers" (1945) ("dubbed" version) when Sylvester is starving and the blue bird shows him food from the cooking book

1. I remember, that this music was used on original print of Daffy Duck in Hollywood, 1938 in a scene where Daffy gives a gift in which is located.

Daffyrocks

1. I remember, that this music was used on original print of Daffy Duck in Hollywood, 1938 in a scene where Daffy gives a gift in which is located.
No, it wasn't used there. I just looked at it. But what about the others:
"- the music used at the end of the "dubbed" version of "Slick Hare" (1947) and also at the end of the "dubbed" version of "Brother Brat" (1944)
- the music from "Life with Feathers" (1945) ("dubbed" version) when Sylvester is starving and the blue bird shows him food from the cooking book"

You're fired!
No, it wasn't used there. I just looked at it. But what about the others:
"- the music used at the end of the "dubbed" version of "Slick Hare" (1947) and also at the end of the "dubbed" version of "Brother Brat" (1944)
- the music from "Life with Feathers" (1945) ("dubbed" version) when Sylvester is starving and the blue bird shows him food from the cooking book"

But, it also hears in Dubbed 1995 print of "Duck Soup To Nuts".

Daffyrocks

But, it also hears in Dubbed 1995 print of "Duck Soup To Nuts".
Yeah. But you still didn't respond me to the other questions:

You're fired!
Yeah. But you still didn't respond me to the other questions:
"- the music from "What Makes Daffy Duck" (1948) ("dubbed" version) when Daffy flirts with the girl duck (actually Elmer in disguise)

I have no idea, but similar I have heard in "A Gander at Mother Goose, 1940" and "Kitty Kornered, 1946: Turner Dubbed 1995 version prints. Maybe this is the same music, but in the other version.

Daffyrocks

I have no idea, but similar I have heard in "A Gander at Mother Goose, 1940" and "Kitty Kornered, 1946: Turner Dubbed 1995 version prints. Maybe this is the same music, but in the other version.
I know that music. It's taken from the beginning of the short "Dime to Retire" (1955), when Porky Pig is driving his car. It's a different music than the one I was talking about.

But maybe you know about the other ones:

Cool_Cat

End of Slick Hare is the end of The Good Egg. For some reason only in the Italian dub they used To Hare is Human, Hiawatha's Rabbit Hunt and the ending card music was altered. Any other dub has the other one.

Cool_Cat

The Good Egg was also used for Brother Brat at the end. I just listened to it now, because here Boomerang aired an old a.a.p. print with an old dub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts