Lauren Faust on pretty much anything you ever wanted to know about Fosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Bite me
Cheese is returning! YES! And more returns from other characters. I'm wondering if Berry's going to come back for revenge on Bloo or something.

And it's good that CN ordered 4 seasons, as I'm sure Craig will be able to think of lots of things for it to do and such. That didn't make any sense... -_-

But YAY FOR CHEESE!

Wanted

Toonmaster
Why TV.com, Lauren? Why must you ignore your largest grouped fanbase?
Yes, I used indent.

Toonmaster said:
Why TV.com, Lauren? Why must you ignore your largest grouped fanbase?​

I was all kind of an accident, really. I just posted once to debunk a rumor, then all the questions started popping up!!! I thought it would be ungracious not to answer some of them.

Besides, a while back I didn't feel too welcome around here, but it seems that's all past now. :)

-LF​

Wanted

Toonmaster
Welcome, Girl_named_Goo. Nice to see you around. Hopefully, you're not bombarded with questions, unless you like answering questions...

Mr Cat Dog

Bite me
I wonder if there'll be "Ask a Foster's rep" for here like there is in the Anime forum for that FUNi guy.
Girl_named_Goo said:
Besides, a while back I didn't feel too welcome around here, but it seems that's all past now. :)
Aw, don't feel like that. You're always welcome here and stuff... [/shameless plug]

I.R Joey

Yep my face got stuck this way
Girl_named_Goo said:
I was all kind of an accident, really. I just posted once to debunk a rumor, then all the questions started popping up!!! I thought it would be ungracious not to answer some of them.

-LF
Well I hope that's not the case. I guess some people didn't care for episodes of PPG like Equal Fights (and some post movie episodes). But most of us have liked your Foster's stuff.

Anyway, enjoy your time here it's nice to have more people from the industry around.

I.R Joey said:
Well I hope that's not the case. I guess some people didn't care for episodes of PPG like Equal Fights (and some post movie episodes).

Well, I don't particularly care for them either. People make mistakes, y'know. People also learn and grow as time goes on.

I.R Joey

Yep my face got stuck this way
Girl_named_Goo said:
Well, I don't particularly care for them either. People make mistakes, y'know. People also learn and grow as time goes on.
Truth be told I really did like Equal Fights. In my opinion it was one of the more interesting PPG episodes (as far as the villan in it). I also thought her hypocricy was pretty funny. But I can understand why some people thought that PPG didn't need to have the femininst undertones really underlined (it was empowering enough with the girls just being themselves). I've heard you mention that you regret writing it though? Any particular reasons why?

Natey

blank
Toonmaster said:
Welcome, Girl_named_Goo. Nice to see you around. Hopefully, you're not bombarded with questions, unless you like answering questions...
yea when your someone like that you going to get thrown down with questions. Its nice to see another famous face join toon zone.

~Nate~

CookieS

Lauren has been to Toon Zone before. She's aware of us and enjoys the site. Unforunately last time she visited it was under bad circumstances...hopefully we're all beyond that. Personally, I've always enjoyed have Lauren and Craig's insight on the series they work on. If I had more time I'd definately seek out an interview. Anyway, thanks for posting Lauren's Q&A. Fun questions.

Mudkip84

Wow! Crag Mc.Craken(PuffDaddy) and Lauren Faust!
Welcome to TZ.
Anyway , That was really Helpful. :)

One Radical Dude

Whoo-hoo!
ToonKid said:
im from tv.com and she answered all of our questions but she only comes like 3 days a week, :nurse:
Same here. Three days a week is a lot, though. You've got to realize that Faust and others have a lot of stuff to work on, and they can't spend too much time here, unless their schedules permit that. Ms. Faust is definitely welcome here, as well any anyone else behind this outstanding series.

ToonKid

Lexi Bunny
One Radical Dude said:
Same here. Three days a week is a lot, though. You've got to realize that Faust and others have a lot of stuff to work on, and they can't spend too much time here, unless their schedules permit that. Ms. Faust is definitely welcome here, as well any anyone else behind this outstanding series.
yup. and hey radicaldude im magicalboy from tv.com:D

Rover_Wow

Here's a question for her that I'm sure that everyone here has in mind: Why the heck did you have Bendy get away with it???

ETA: I see that one of you here mentioned "Equal Fights". If that's the one with the Susan B. Anthony coin and history lesson, here are my two cents (pun intended):
1. Must have been an early ep, since the PPG say that there's only one female villain in town. Whither Princess Morebucks and Seduca?
2. Favorite quotes (I'm paraphrasing): "Was she looking out for me when she stole my hairstyle? ... What? She did" (random woman on the villain) "Stripes make me look fat" (the villain in jail)

Rover_Wow said:
Here's a question for her that I'm sure that everyone here has in mind: Why the heck did you have Bendy get away with it???

Here is how I answered that at TV.com:

As for Bendy, I'll tell you this: not just myself, but the entire writing staff thought that the irony behind the fact the Bloo, in his vengefulness, did something a thousand times worse than Bendy ever did and subsequently totally screwed himself would be really funny. But quite clearly we were wrong. We totally underestimated the passionate hatred people have for those who blame their transgressions on others and boy have we learned our lesson. Never let the bad guy win. Besides that fact, EKIB is not my favorite story I wrote anyway. What can I say, I wrote a dud. Nobody's perfect. I just hope that my other shows like WWW, Frankie My Dear, Store Wars and Mac Daddy may have made up for Bendy in the hearts of the Foster's fans.

And as for your question about Wilt and Frankie and Herriman believing Bendy over him, I'll say that was a choice made because of the short format. 11 minutes is not a lot of time and you have to get your ideas across as quickly and cleanly as possible. It was simpler to have the entire gang in the exact same predicament. To have a side story about Wilt's individual experience would have surely made the story too long. I toyed around with not involving the gang at all and having it just about Bloo. Maybe I should have done that instead.

I have nightmares that I will be an old, old lady on my death bed with people yelling at me for Bendy and Equal Fights. I hope I can put them behind me some day.

-LF

Shiloh Otter

celebrating Doremi!
Girl_named_Goo said:
I just hope that my other shows like WWW, Frankie My Dear, Store Wars and Mac Daddy may have made up for Bendy in the hearts of the Foster's fans.

Believe me, most of your Foster's episodes rock.

I've never actually seen "Bendy", so I can't really judge it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.

Featured Posts