Lackadaisy News & Discussion Thread

Marty

Kutubukukartun and sinyal kartun reporter
While I See Murder Drones collabs with lackadaisy, sometimes I wanna really know how about the pilot what i waited since 2019 .

Lackadaisy Started as a webcomic that was released in 2006 and is instantly popular today. In 2011, he was nominated for the Eisner award for best comic web series by Tracy J. Butler. and Has amassed a massive fan base of over 60K on Instagram and Twitter and nearly 2000 contributors who participated in a Patreon fundraiser for the half-hour animated pilot film. This pilot will be released March 29

Directed by Fable Siegel. This animation also involves several voice actors from Hazbin Hotel Pilot such as Michael Kovach as Rocky Rickaby and Elsie Lovelock who previously had to not be involved in the Hazbin Hotel series version because they were not part of the American voiceover union which had gone viral among fans. After showing a lot of animation processes, this short animation will debut this year and subscribe to YouTube for more than 50 thousand in the future to be able to make this video viral. several other voice actors involved include Belsheber Rusape as Calvin “Freckle” McMurray, Lisa Reimold as Ivy Pepper, Ashe Wagner as Mitzi May, SungWon Cho as Mordecai Heller, Benni Latham as Serafine Savoy and Malcolm Ray as Nicodeme Savoy. the pilot and got 10 million viewers today more fast than hazbin hotel.
1694194820692.png

Tells the setting of the story in Saint Louis, Missouri, from 1920 to 1923. What happened was the Prohibition Era event or known as the sale of alcohol, aka alcohol. It was officially banned according to American national law at the time and created a criminal underground so that the producers of liquor were still but not producing. A business that is carried out by the mafia to distribute counterfeit alcohol so that the bar owned by Atlas May named Little Daisy Cafe will not go bankrupt. Then uses the small restaurant in the basement of his house as a cover to generate income by running the bar back in secret. But his life ended when he died at the hands of a Cold-Blooded killer.

Lackadaisy is a second revival indie animation success same like helluva boss, After the success of the animated short film released in March, Iron Circus Animation proposed to create a 5-part series based on the successful novel by Tracy J. Butler through crowdfunding and exceeded all expectations.

The initial goal is $125 thousand dollars (which will fund one episode of the series). With the final goal surpassed in its final hours, $2 million dollars, in addition to the first season, there will be mini-episodes, puppets of the series' main characters, and a Blu-ray release for sponsors. The Blu-ray will contain 5 chapters of the series, mini-episodes, the original pilot, and an audio commentary with the creators.

SuperSuck64

Misanthrope Supreme
I originally had no interest in this because it's yet another "indie" cartoon with absurdly high production values from a successful artist riding off their past success, in this case an Eisner-nominated webcomic that's been running for a decade, that will do nothing other than shut even more doors for smaller, less talented artists.

Now I have no interest in it because one of the crew members is a petty, immature transphobe and the creator is an apathetic narcissist who enables their behavior while they bask in the glory of their brand loyalty.

Marty

Now I have no interest in it because one of the crew members is a petty, immature transphobe and the creator is an apathetic narcissist who enables their behavior while they bask in the glory of their brand loyalty.

Really no doubt why tracy j butler same level like Vivienne Medrano even drama this happen

Marty

I seen the cartoon pilot in the temporary forums and I love it
me to, this is level how the powerfull comics and animation has balanced release in same way same like manga from anime but indie without superhero theme

Last edited:

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
Can you provide a source on that? Not that I don't believe you but it's better to have a paper trail for accusations like this.

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
I don't have time to scour the website formerly known as Twitter for every relevant Tweet so here's a news article about it that helpfully mentions both the transphobia and the Viv drama.
Thanks. It's always baffling to me why people who work on a show or movie think nobody will find out what they said or retweet/share on social media. It's not an anonymous world anymore, things will trace back to you. And like it or not, you're indirectly representing the show/movie. So why risk getting the project you're working on in hot water? Is it that hard for people to keep their opinions to themselves anymore? Especially on hot button/trendy topics like this?

Last edited:

Marty

I had no idea this was based off of a webcomic o_O.
i know this webcomic since groundbreaking and famous in deviantart. prefer read webcomic because had a tone and art more than real animation can do. tracy self in comic art inspire from shujo manga 80s

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
A new Lackadiasy short was released today:

It's a flashback where Ivy is a child.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Featured Posts