"Kid Cosmic" News & Discussion Thread

Frontier

Staff member
Just a heads up, be careful when checking the show's page on Netflix, because one thumbnail that pops up after watching a preview is
the diners all getting rings and what powers most of them get
I kind of assumed as much when they all got transported together...

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
A few months ago, Craig McCracken said how Kid was originally voiced by an unknown child actor before being recast due to hitting puberty. Well, now he revealed who voiced him. In the original pilot for the series, Kid was voiced by Nicolas Cantu (from Sofia The First and The Amazing World Of Gumball).

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Here's another tweet from Craig McCracken. He did once consider making Kid Cosmic 30 episodes long (3 seasons with 10 episodes each), but felt he could tell the story better if he had less episodes. He wanted to avoid filler so as to not slow the story down.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Here's another tweet from Craig McCracken. He did once consider making Kid Cosmic 30 episodes long (3 seasons with 10 episodes each), but felt he could tell the story better if he had less episodes. He wanted to avoid filler so as to not slow the story down.

Yeah, it was for the best.

Frontier

Staff member

Very respectable reasoning :).

Frontier

Staff member
It looks like the third and final season will premiere on February 3, just 1 year and 1 day after the show first premiered.

They're going all out with the Superheroes again! Bringing back the costumes, the villains, and everybody is into it :cool:.

I'm kind of curious about what the secret involving Kid is...experiments on heroic kids :confused:?

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

In honor of the show ending today, Craig McCracken took part in an interview. It's basically the same stuff he said before, but he said that while season 3 is the definitive end, he's open to doing more.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.

In honor of the show ending today, Craig McCracken took part in an interview. It's basically the same stuff he said before, but he said that while season 3 is the definitive end, he's open to doing more.
I'm.....a bit mixed on it. On one hand, I would love to see the show continued. But on the other hand, I don't want the show to drag on for way too long. So, I'm fully content with 3 solid seasons, and had a good story from start to finish.

harry580

I wonder if we get a kid cosmic movie in the future in a line of powerpuff girls movie

M622

They're going all out with the Superheroes again! Bringing back the costumes, the villains, and everybody is into it :cool:.

I'm kind of curious about what the secret involving Kid is...experiments on heroic kids :confused:?
uhhh, about that...
I think the show Cheats with season's 3 in regards to its major twist's (and I think the premise of it is entirely misleading, considering it was barely foreshadowed outside of one line in the final ep of season 2,), while I appreciate what Craig was going for in regards to the genre deconstruction that is the show itself, I don't think it can really be called season 3, as is it season 2, part 2. I don't find it to really work, from a PLOT perspective. (from a character perspective, fine, but it falters at the end, in the same way, gravity falls finale faltered.)

To quote from another meta deconstruction: (Charlie Kaufman's Adaptation)
Find an ending. But don't cheat! Don't you dare bring in a deus ex machina.

I also REALLY want to know what exactly Craig pitched to DisneyXD in terms of whether this was the plan if the show got greenlit there, or seasons 2 and 3 were both written after the Netflix pickup(cuz it does feel that way, the finale of season 1 does certainly feel like the series finale to the disney XD show if it were picked up. that or, it always was going to be season1, and 2 and 3 were going to be 2, in the same way, wander was.)

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I'm.....a bit mixed on it. On one hand, I would love to see the show continued. But on the other hand, I don't want the show to drag on for way too long. So, I'm fully content with 3 solid seasons, and had a good story from start to finish.
You and me, both. If you know you already have a good beginning, middle, and end, like this show is more than setting itself up to have and has more than done so from the very beginning, IMHO - don't interfere with that. Let it be and let it go in peace, dangit.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

did I just get threatened by breakfast cereal
I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.

Featured Posts