Status
Not open for further replies.

Otakuninja2006

After 15 years of cries, it as today announced that Jetix, the former global children's entertainment brand, will soon make it's grand return...as an independent network COMPLETELY separate from Disney. This new network will be available over-the-air, Freevee, Pluto TV, Tubi, cable, satellite and for a first, will also be able to stream on Twitch.

The new Jetix will initially consist of older action cartoons and anime(mainly aired on the original incarnation of Jetix, as well as other outlets such as Vortexx, The Hub and various others) as well as newer shows, both in the action and comedy fields.

The newly revived Jetix will have Sony Pictures Television, Hasbro, Toei Animation, Bandai Namco, Wildbrain and Fox Corporation as their initial partners.

"We're very excited to bring this prestige Jetix brand back for the millennials who grew up with Jetix as well as for a new generation."

The new Jetix launches this September with several new series, such as new Sonic, Mega Man, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Beyblade and Transformers series.

For more information, go to www.jetix.tv

CassieTheDragon

TBH this wasn't a very good April Fools post, I knew it was fake before I clicked. Also it was too late in the day. As i'm posting this it's almost April 2

Eggy

Following its sister channel Teletoon Retro (and French counterpart Télétoon Rétro) which has been reairing the animated series since last autumn to commemorate the 60th anniversary of its parent series, Corus-owned YTV is planning (for the purposes of CanCon) on rerunning Nelvana's short-lived cartoon adaptation of famous sci-fi series Doctor Who that was a British-Canadian co-production that originally aired from 1993-1994 on the Canwest Global System and YTV in Canada, the BBC in the UK and PBS and syndication in the US. Due to an animated series being distributed by Nelvana, it was the only Doctor Who-related series (apart from the disowned 2009 K9 series) to be not exclusive to the BBC channels in the UK as British pay TV channels such as Flextech-owned TCC and News Corporation/Saban-owned Fox Kids UK had seconds dibs to it.
This will be the first time that the youth-targeted Canadian basic cable channel had showcased the show since 2008 when it briefly returned with other YTV classics as part of the channel's Retro Week celebrating its 20th anniversary. The cartoon was a regular staple of YTV from 1993-1997 when it briefly shifted to YTV's new sister channel Teletoon from 1997-1998 and then the Family Channel (a partial corporate sibling of Teletoon at the time) until 2003 and temporarily wound up on the terrestial network CBC from 2005-2006 as that public broadcaster was also involved in financing and broadcasting the early portions of the main series' 2005 revival.
tumblr_inline_p7ulk2XNAm1qhrbdi_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Here's adult animation category ballot for Emmy Awards 2024. I'm hoping that Praise Petey will get in the final line-up.

I don't know where to post this...
but Alvin and the Chipmunks movie is in development of Disney.

I guess Nick is officially done with this franchise for now.
Happy 20th Birthday to the Cartoon Network City Era!

Featured Posts