"Free Comic Book Day 2018" Talkback (Spoilers)

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
comicbookday2011banner.jpg

Free Comic Book Day is a single day - the first Saturday in May each year - when participating comic book shops, hobby stores and other outlets across North America and around the world give away comic books to anyone who comes into their stores. Please check with your local shop for their participation and rules in the annual Free Comic Book Day event, or go to Free Comic Book Day for more.

How was your Free Comic Book Day 2018? What did you get? Collect and share!

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I got Disney Princess, Bongo Comics Free For All, Nightmare Before Christmas, SpongeBob SquarePants, Both new DC Super Hero Girls comics, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Doctor Who, Transformers: Unicron, and Bob's Burgers.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
I ended up picking up so many of the lesser independent free comics that there was barely any allotted room for the major stuff. Typical me.

The Wormworld Saga (this one is gorgeous, I hope you can find it)
Invader Zim: Floopsy Bloops Shmoopsy
Comics Friends Forever
Angel's Street Dog
Crush
Sparks! (drawn by Nina Matsumoto)
World's Greatest Cartoonists (well, they must be, they couldn't use that title otherwise)
Starburns Presents
Die Kitty Die: I Love You To Death
Legend of Korra
Miraculous
The Tick
Adventure Time: Fionna and Cake

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
A local comic shop was at an event at the library with some leftovers from this year's FCBD. I got Barrier and Wormworld Saga from there as well as an Overwatch comic for my brother. Didn't attend the "real" FCBD though.

As an aside, I've read the FCBD Barrier comic and I seriously want to get the actual comic.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts