Disney+ News & Discussion Thread

Kirben

Does anyone know why The Owl House is limited to the USA and UK only? I thought streaming was meant to get rid of these region restrictions.

With the Disney channel shutdown in many countries, there is no legal way to watch recent cartoon series, which will only lead to more piracy.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Does anyone know why The Owl House is limited to the USA and UK only? I thought streaming was meant to get rid of these region restrictions.

With the Disney channel shutdown in many countries, there is no legal way to watch recent cartoon series, which will only lead to more piracy.
I think the possible reason could be due to cultural differences since some of the countries in which the show is unavailable are not LGBTQ+ friendly, given the fact that the show's characters Luz and Amity are among the notable LGBTQ+ characters in children's cartoons and also could be due to carriage disputes between Disney and digital TV providers over the service.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I thought that price hike was only for other countries. Ya know, since they're getting Star as an extra section for Disney+.
Anyhoo, while WDAS gets into producing animated series, it makes me wonder what's in store for Disney Television Animation.
I hope DTA is then mostly focused on making original non- movie franchised based things like they have been doing and not just axed by Disney. That'd be sad.

the greenman

Well, think they said $8.99 American. Plus with STAR will be password protected. Not sure how this will work alongside Hulu. However, STAR will basically be dumping ground for all adult-oriented content from Disney and FOX. Alien, Predator, Die Hard, Pretty Woman, etc.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RDG

Corwin Haught

Well, think they said $8.99 American. Plus with STAR will be password protected. Not sure how this will work alongside Hulu. However, STAR will basically be dumping ground for all adult-oriented content from Disney and FOX. Alien, Predator, Die Hard, Pretty Woman, etc.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Hulu is continuing in the US, and Star is launching everywhere else. (Comcast still has an equity interest in Hulu, and Disney will wholly own Star.)

cheril59

zoombie

Here's the plot of the new Chip 'n Dale movie.
John Mulaney and Andy Samberg are the new Chip n’ Dale Rescue Rangers - Polygon

But if Chip 'n Dale are still traditionally animated living in a live-action CGI world, why can't they get MacNeille or Burton to reprise them? And what about Monty (Jim Cummings), Zipper and Gadget? And Nimnul?

And get this about Zootopia+.
I hope Nick and Judy will have episodes focused on them, too.

Well I be honest series, but if you going to do this plot, do it with Bonkers, it would fit better.

Heck if you replace this new human character with Marilyn, it could actually work.

Obviously you erase the Lucky promotion to FBI and moving to Washington, and the whole Miranda episodes, just erase from the canon. Never happened.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts