Best animated fight scene in American animation?

Waylaid

Are you sure?
What's the best animated, highly choreographed (melee) fight scene in American animation? Both on TV & in movies?

Specific: Best animated fight scene with spare or no use of speed lines?

I thought Xiaolin Showdown & Codename: Kids Next Door might count. There's some spunk and energy well displayed in both cartoons.

Of course, you might list down Batman: The Animated Series.

From an earlier era, Popeye best exemplifies those fight scenes.

sun

You stay, I go
A spoof on a fight scene...

I can't recall the name of the toon..but somehow we are brought into the arena and in this corner is everyone's favorite "Daffy Duck" and in the other corner is the oponent, Elmer Fudd, and the entire boxing arena (you did say "fight scene" ) as far as the ey can see, is full of ducks, every kind of duck you can think of..Anyway the referee is a duck, and it may not be the best, (that is for sure,) but it could be one of the funniest in all of toondom.. Stu

Mandi-chan

Anything from the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon:

Hun (and then Karai w/Turtles) vs Bishop in Hun on the Run

Hamato clan (Turtles and Splinter) vs Shredder (Karai)and the Foot in Shredder Stikes, Shredder Strikes Back,and Exodus parts 1 and 2.

Teen Titans had a couple of cool fight too like the one where Robin is hallucinating Slade all over the place!

Superperson

is dead
Teen Titans has the best cheoreographed american animated fight scenes at the moment.

Samurai Jack had some really nice ones too though.

I guess next up would be Xiaolin Showdown and JLU.

Waylaid

Are you sure?
CryptiniteDemon said:
The final episode of Beast Machines where Optimus and Megatron battle it out for the entire freaking episode all over Cybertron City.
Oh I forgot another thing: All cartoons listed must be 2D.

FlooterFlatter

One Sly Princess
Staff member
In one "Family Guy" episode, the Griffins inherits a mansion and one of the requests Stewie makes to the butlers are "fighting to the death". Not the best animated fight scene in American cartoon, but one of the funniest.

"MTV's Celebrity Deathmatch" has alot of fight scenes, which are too many to mention, and usually pretty good.

That's from my top of my head.

Jade_GL

An Aperture Science Original
I really enjoyed a lot of the fighting in the Star Wars Clone Wars episodes. I think my favorite stuff was not so much the big Jedi battles, but a lot of stuff that the clone troopers did was pretty cool.

Besides that, the fighting on JLU's episode Task Force X was very cool, especially the fight in the hallway between the bad guys with the Annihilator and Shining Knight, Vigilante, and Atom Smasher. Also, the fighting in Double Date was great too.

If I had time to think I could come up with more, but I am just seeing super heroes in my head at the moment, so I guess I have a one track mind... :D

Eddie G.

Former Wolf/Writer.
The end of the Superman: The Animated Series finale, "Legacy." Such an epic fight, it just made me go, "WOW!"

Youko Recca

Retired
I'm going to go ahead and say DC can put out some very good animated fights in their series. Right now they're dishing good action with JLU and Teen Titans.

Waylaid

Are you sure?
Bonus question for animators:

Which fight scenes fully use all of the 12 Principles of Animation (Squash & Stretch, Anticipation, Slow-In & Slow Out, Solid Drawing, Timing, Follow Through, Staging, Straight Ahead Action & Pose-To-Pose Action, Arcs, Exaggeration, Appeal, and Personality )?

straw_hat

Not that many come to mind other then the few fight scenes in Family Guy and certain Popeye shorts. And yes I know you only want 2-D cartoons but I really enjoyed the fight scenes in The Incredibles also.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Featured Posts