Batman: The Brave And The Bold "Invasion of the Secret Santas!" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment on "Invasion of the Secret Santas!"

• Total voters

Bird Boy

WF Admin
Staff member
Get in the holiday mood with this special episode of Batman: The Brave and The Bold!

Batman: The Brave and The Bold
Episode #05 - Invasion of the Secret Santas!
Original Airdate - December 5th, 2008
In this week’s episode, the evil Fun Haus plans to steal Christmas with his army of robot Santas and killer toys including Dynamite Dolly and the Presto Play Pals! Red Tornado teams up with Batman to save the day and in the process, finds his holiday spirit. In our weekly teaser, Batman and Blue Beetle throw Sportsmaster a perfect strike when he sets up a deadly game with human bowling pins at the alley!

Comments?

Comics_the_QB

My common sense is tingling
Episode 5?

Was "Day of the Dark Knight" supposed to come first? Anyway, I'm looking forward to see how RT is portrayed. Fun Haus should be fun as well.

chdr

Don't really care for Red Tornado's design so much.

"Do you really want to know the secret of Christmas?"
"YES. YES."

This show is so quotable.

SaBaWoJuLe

Twice now on the same screaming woman? BTW, that scream reminds me of that screaming wife from the beginning of Batman (1989), does it?

tb4000

I enjoy the black and white flashbacks to his childhood. This would be the first time the show actually admits he had a life before Batman.

And, per the DC Universe running gag, Red Tornado gets blown to kingdom come yet again.

jph139

Immortal
Wow, that was HILARIOUS. :D Batman on Christmas is such a fun character. "Crime doesn't take a holiday, and neither do I!" Red Tornado was a blast, too. I've always thought he was a cool character, and seeing him long for Christmas spirit was great.

Oh, and did anyone else LOVE the way they showed his background? Showing the actual murder is alright... but I think I prefer the more subtle approach. They walk into the alley... two flashes... and Bruce calls out to his parents. I got chills.

Fantastic episode. I think it's a new Christmas staple for me. :anime:

SuperDudeX

This week's episode was pretty great. I really liked the black-and-white flaskbacks to Bruce's childhoood, as well as Red Tornado. I didn't care much for Fun Haus though, but overall, it was pretty cool.

8/10

Comics_the_QB

My common sense is tingling
:eek:

Best Ep. So far (IMO)!

-Red Tornado rocked!
-"Worlds Greatest Detective" cup: How sweet!
-Fun Haus was a great Villain!
-Indiana Jones reference! :D

-I got goosebumps on the flashback. Very neat. (pretty dark for a light-hearted show)

The BB opening was neat as well ;)

A

Kal-El1138

The Dark Knight was lame
Friggin' great episode. Loved Red Tornado and the Santa Claus robots voiced by Thomas F. Wilson. Seeing Batman and Red Tornado fight Santa robots in Thomas' voice constantly shouting "Ho! Ho! Ho!" is worth watching the episode alone.

Then the toys wreaking havoc at the end, joining into one giant robot controlled by Fun Haus? Awesome.

My favorite episode so far next to "Evil Under the Sea!".

Kal

Racattack!Force

私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
Bruce is the cause of his parents getting killed in this show? That must suck, living with that guilt.

creativerealms

Bruce is the cause of his parents getting killed in this show? That must suck, living with that guilt.

He's the cause (in a sense) in every version of batman. In that they went to the movie because he wanted to see it. This show did take it to the next level with spoiled Bruce though.

Lynxara

Oh man, the new little twist they add to Batman's origin makes it like tragedy x2. Totally unexpected and cool.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts