"Batman: Gotham Knight" DVD/Blu-ray Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate And Comment On This DVD Release!

• Total voters

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I had to have the two disc of this, just like I did with New Frontier (though that purchase was mainly just to get the new Cooke art)

I got it for a very good price too and it was a worthwhile purchase for me

The Bob Kane feature was pretty interesting and funny in my opinion.

I thought the trailer for JL:NF might have been on this dvd, like how the Doomsday trailer was on JL NF, but I guess those are the breaks

TacoHunter

Master of None
Did you already have the BTAS box sets? Because if not, the BTAS episodes alone are worth the extra money. IMHO.

Yeah...that is an upside. And while they picked 4 great episodes. To be fair, I've watched the BTAS to death. I'm sure I'll get nostalgic one day and want to watch them, so I guess that's one upside.

ShadowStar

The presentation of the DVD was simply excellent. I could have waited for the region 2 release but instead I ordered a region 1 copy of the 2-disc version, which hasn't been released in the UK (only the 1-disc version). Why? For the B:TAS episodes, believe it or not! I have the volume 1 sets, but the presentation of the volume 1 set doesn't seem to be 100% perfect over here, and it's noticable with a handful of episodes, including "Heart of Ice". But the four episodes contained here have been re-encoded, so I can watch "Heart of Ice" free of a few weird visual effects that plague the volume 1 version in places. It now looks just as pleasing to the eye as the episodes on volumes 2-4. Another plus is now owning a version of "Over the Edge" that doesn't sometimes skip the end credits of the episode. I watched all four episodes last night, immediately following Batman: Gotham Knight and the Wonder Woman preview. Awesome stuff.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Since it's May the Fourth, might as well post this bit of trivia:

DePatie–Freleng Enterprises- known for The Pink Panther, mid-60s Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies, many Dr. Seuss specials, The Bod Squad, and Time for Timer- handled the lightsaber effects for Episode IV.
I wonder if the new Dexter's Lab set will have Rude Removal on it. They were okay with putting The Whoopass Girls on the PPG set many years ago that they were advertising on Cartoon Network (albeit they muted every time it was said in the pilot). This set's clearly for adults.
They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.
Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.
I haven't seen a channel launch as promising as MeTV Toons since The Hub. Let's hope their similarities don't extend to fate.

Featured Posts