"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 7 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
I don't think they actually call her Captain Britain. I think people jumped onto that because she's a Super-Soldier and has the British flag on her uniform.
Weird, CBR is reporting Captain Britain/Carter in their articles with the exec. producer.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I pretty sure Captain Carter is the name. We'll know 100% in the end credits for episode 1.

Hulkwummy

If and when the time comes for Marvel Studios to do a solo Hulk sequel, how are these for working titles.

movie 2 : Incredible Hulk : Monsters Unleashed
movie 3 : Incredible Hulk : World War
movie 4 : Incredible Hulk : Code Red

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The original Secret Wars which was just to sell action figures, Secret Wars II which involved Spiderman teaching The Beyonder how to poop, Secret War which was Nick Fury creating an Avengers Team to invade Latveria , or the latest one which was a Multiversal War.

All seem likely to me.
Feels like the latest one, as Loki season 1 essentially set off the second Multiversal War. I would like it to be the first one.

Frontier

Staff member
Feels like the latest one, as Loki season 1 essentially set off the second Multiversal War. I would like it to be the first one.
It would be kind of interesting if the Kang plotline culminates in a Secret War where it's the main Earth battling all the other Multiversal Earths (maybe some from What If) for dominance after they get fused together by the Beyonder.

Maybe Kang and Doom battling for control of it all...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Kind of seems like something might be going on, at least more than we're aware of...
Yeah, I can see this coming up in Armor Wars. Not really any movies that it would come up, maybe No Way Home?

On paper, I think Tony classified the Avengers as a private security force under Stark Industries (i.e. his classification of his armor during the inquiry in IM2). So like it's Pepper Potts-Stark who would now be the primary financier. T'Challa was on my list for a new financier and leader. Pretty sure Nick Fury's funds are tied up at the moment in a 'project' of his own, lol.

As for who the new leader, I think it will either be Hulk, Captain Marvel, or War Machine. I'm hoping War Machine. Right now, Captain Marvel and Captain America seem better suited as soldiers.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, I can see this coming up in Armor Wars. Not really any movies that it would come up, maybe No Way Home?

On paper, I think Tony classified the Avengers as a private security force under Stark Industries (i.e. his classification of his armor during the inquiry in IM2). So like it's Pepper Potts-Stark who would now be the primary financier. T'Challa was on my list for a new financier and leader. Pretty sure Nick Fury's funds are tied up at the moment in a 'project' of his own, lol.

As for who the new leader, I think it will either be Hulk, Captain Marvel, or War Machine. I'm hoping War Machine. Right now, Captain Marvel and Captain America seem better suited as soldiers.
Yeah, I also don't think Carol would be tied down with a Superhero team like The Avengers. Like, we know she ended up working with them and apparently did some hero work on Earth in the interim, but it seemed like she'd prefer to fly solo and didn't really feel like a team player (beyond the fact that they were using her Air Force codename, which never came up).

Isn't Rhodey technically one of the longest standing Superhero vets, timeline-wise? Aside from the OG Captains and T'Challa.

reflection01

Plus Carol is far too powerful to be on a regular Avengers team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Isn't Rhodey technically one of the longest standing Superhero vets, timeline-wise? Aside from the OG Captains and T'Challa.
Yeah, pretty much. 13 years give or take. And yeah, Carol splits her time on Earth and in space so another reason she wouldn't step up to be the leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.
Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?

Featured Posts