(PlayStation Experience) Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite

River26

Announced via PlayStation Experience's live stream on 12.3, MVC: Infinite is the next iteration of the fighting game series.

Will add a non-audience trailer later on.

Grenzer

This is Kyokugen Karate... 2016 Style
Insane. They already had me with Megaman X and Ryu taking on Iron Man and Captain Marvel. I'm glad Disney and Marvel were able to work out a deal in such a relatively short amount of time. Most fans figured this was something that could take at least a decade to come together.

From a gameplay perspective, this is going back to the "tag team" format of earlier Capcom vs. games, so it might be less crazy than 3 was. It would be nice to have a more traditional fighting game this time around. More thoughts to come as we get additional info.

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Mega Man's absence from MvC3 made no sense, glad they've fixed that. Zero was fine, but it's just not the same.

With Carol Danvers in I hope they just go ahead and throw Ms Marvel / Kamala Kahn in. She can be the one with all the 4th wall breaking fangirling quotes!

Anyone with a theory on who this is? I assumed Ultron, another on twitter suggested it could be Sigma. Shades of Gurren Lagann with the face on the chest....

Cyxnb_fUQAAR7b-.jpg

Frontier

Staff member
Mega Man's absence from MvC3 made no sense, glad they've fixed that. Zero was fine, but it's just not the same.

With Carol Danvers in I hope they just go ahead and throw Ms Marvel / Kamala Kahn in. She can be the one with all the 4th wall breaking fangirling quotes!

Anyone with a theory on who this is? I assumed Ultron, another on twitter suggested it could be Sigma. Shades of Gurren Lagann with the face on the chest....

Cyxnb_fUQAAR7b-.jpg
Why not Ultron infected by the Sigma virus or Sigma himself fused with Ultron ;)?

Frontier

Staff member
Awesome to finally have a new Marvel vs. Capcom game confirmed, and that was a pretty cool teaser. Loved seeing Captain Marvel and X (X!!!) show up :anime:.

If only Captain Marvel could look that good in the comics and cartoons :sweat:.

Though given they're using Carol, I'm betting we'll see a roster that's very reflective of the MCU as far as the Marvel side is concerned. I hope the X-Men are still in it though :ack:.

And I'm really happy that the game will have a story mode :D.

The person on the throne looks like they have Ultron's head, but the purple eyes and chest head harkens towards Sigma, so I'm guessing we'll see a fusion of some sort between the two. Which makes X's involvement very relevant :cool:.

Magus

The Boss
Though given they're using Carol, I'm betting we'll see a roster that's very reflective of the MCU as far as the Marvel side is concerned. I hope the X-Men are still in it though :ack:.

Considering the rumors saying the X-Men might not be in this I'm not sure how I feel at the moment. I'm one of those that grew up on X-Men. The old 90's cartoons and playing Children of the Atom along with X-Men vs Street Fighter. It's gonna feel weird playing a Marvel vs Capcom game without Wolverine or Magneto. I gotta step my Marvel Universe game up. Outside of Spider-Man, Deadpool and The Avengers I don't know other characters from them so I'm definitely hoping they have suitable replacements.

As for the trailer itself. It looks good. Can't speak much about it until more is revealed. 2v2 with an assist makes things less chaotic so I'm good with that thought.

I do hope Dante and/or Vergil makes a return (and not the ones from DmC)

Grenzer

This is Kyokugen Karate... 2016 Style
You know what's crazy? This game has clearly been in development for a while now, since they already had a trailer and some gameplay footage ready for PSX. Plus you know Disney/Marvel, those guys would have been working with Capcom for months before allowing any legal agreement to create the game be put to paper. And yet it was only six months ago that Disney went public about ending their internal development of video games and reaching out to third-party developers again.

Which means there was a very good chance MvC: Infinite was already being worked on at the time the initial announcement was made by Disney. And what does that mean? Making a new MvC game might have very well been the very first decision Disney execs came to when they decided to change their policy. They might have reached out to Capcom to make this game happen instead of the other way around.

If that is true, then the rumors that this game is being structured around the Infinity gems and the MCU make a lot more sense. This game is not some one-off dream project, it's part of something much bigger coming down the pike in terms of Disney-licensed video games. Guess we will know more by next year either way.

Last edited:

Tommy Lawson

Staff member
Which means there was a very good chance MvC: Infinite was already being worked on at the time the initial announcement was made by Disney. And what does that mean? Making a new MvC game might have very well been the very first decision Disney execs came to when they decided to change their policy. They might have reached out to Capcom to make this game happen instead of the other way around.

If that is true, then the rumors that this game is being structured around the Infinity gems and the MCU make a lot more sense. This game is not some one-off dream project, it's part of something much bigger coming down the pike in terms of Disney-licensed video games. Guess we will know more by next year either way.

After the announcement of the the Spider-man PS4 game and now this, I am expecting Disney/Marvel to announce a big console video game for The Avengers in 2017, to coincide with the 2018 release of Infinity War, as I'm sure that Marvel IP will be in high demand from video game companies.

I am so happy to see Mega Man X in this game. The last time I can remember X being in anything on consoles was Mega Man X8, which was unbelievably now released way back in 2004. I wonder if the Marvel people influenced the decision to include X, since the idea of Ultron and Sigma teaming up or being fused together does make sense to me.

Magus

The Boss

It looks a bit like Tatsunoko vs Capcom. I'm fine with that, but I need more lol. That little inkling of "need to know" (mainly BS rumors) causing me to not get hype, but I do like what I see.

Troy Troodon

Is that Eric Loomis as Iron Man I hear :D?

Also sounds like Grey Griffin is reprising Captain Marvel, or at least someone I recognize...

I can definitely hear Grey, though I'm not sure if that's Eric or it could just as well be Mick Wingert.

Greg91

Reporter
It's nice to see the Marvel vs Capcom series return after very recent information implying that we won't be seeing Marvel vs Capcom 4. I think in reality, the producers just didn't want to spoil that a new game was in development and in all fairness, this isn't Marvel vs Capcom 4 so they weren't exactly lying. :D

I'm hoping for a small handful of X-Men characters to appear at least like Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, and Deadpool, since the rumors are just that; rumors. Nothing is confirmed whether (at least some) X-Men or Fantastic Four characters will appear.

It's great to see X and Captain Marvel here! New characters like Black Panther, Star-Lord (w/element gun), Black Widow, Vision, a Hunter (from Monster Hunter), Nina (from Breath of Fire), Blanka, and Rashid (from Street Fighter) would be great to see but it's okay if the majority of these characters didn't make it in. Returning characters like Mega Man, Zangief, War Machine and M. Bison, however, are definitely characters I'd like to see again. Again, it's okay if they don't all show up, but at least give us Mega Man again.
I can definitely hear Grey, though I'm not sure if that's Eric or it could just as well be Mick Wingert.
Yeah, Iron Man sounds like Mick Wingert to me. Just like Marvel vs Capcom 3, I'm guessing they're going to use the current animation voice actors. I loved that in MVC3 because it came out around Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine & the X-Men, and the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes so we got those voice actors back to play their characters in the game.

For Infinite, we can probably guess some of the voice actors for potential characters like Troy Baker's Hawkeye, Travis Willingham's Thor, Liam O'Brien's Doctor Strange, Trevor Devall's Rocket Raccoon, etc. I'm not sure if Spider-Man would be voiced by Drake Bell or the new show's voice actor though.

Last edited:

RoryWilliams

Bill Roseman was asked about the rumored X-Men and FF ban.

When I asked them about the rumor that the game’s roster would not include as many (or any) characters from the X-Men or Fantastic Four series due film rights issues (the current film series for those franchises are owned by Fox and not Marvel Studios) and would instead favor characters already in the Marvel cinematic universe, Creative Director of Marvel Entertainment Bill Roseman didn’t tense up the way PR folks tend to when you ask them a difficult question. While Marvel wants to take a forward-thinking stance with the characters they include in the game, he wants to make sure fans of all of Marvel properties, including X-Men, were happy. “That heritage is not lost,” he told me. Not the straight answer I was looking for, but it left me hopeful about my chances of Berserker Barraging people as Wolverine next year.

Not really a straight answer, but I'm hoping that means at least one or two are allowed in. No FF isn't a loss since they were never in the game to begin with, but at the very least, no Wolverine or Doom would stink.

Zeether

HASSHA!!
Some FGC folks are a bit miffed at this because the assist system seems to have been removed in favor of SFxT style tagging, but I also get Tatsunoko vs Capcom vibes from that and considering how much I liked that game...this should be interesting.

If anything the other good bit of news was UMVC3 coming back, and to Steam as well.

Frontier

Staff member
I'd recognize Brian Bloom's Captain America anywhere :D.

If that's really Bloom as Cap, then that lends some credence to Loomis returning as Iron Man as well. I guess, rather then using the current cartoon VA's, they'll use the MvC3 VA's for any returning characters :cool:.

Can't say I'm complaining about getting the EMH VA's back :rolleyes2:.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts