"The Invincible Iron Man" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment on "The Invincible Iron Man"

• Total voters

Zebi

Take off, eh!
So as a newcomer, Doc, did you find the damaged heart scenes made sense? I understood why they were in there since I have read the origin and early comics (reprints, I ain't that old) but if I hadn't, I would have thought they were kind of...unnecessary. Well, I kind of felt that way anyways since it was never mentioned again for the rest of the movie.

Well, I knew from reading about Iron Man online that the damage to his heart was part of his origins, so it made sense to me to have those scenes there. I can see, though, how they'd be confusing to someone completely unfamiliar ... they wouldn't understand how that related to his inventing the iron suits.

Bones Justice

Bring on the noise!
I'm surprised at how little feedback there has been for the movie so far. You'd think that given the high sales and excitement over the movie alot more people would be giving their two cents. I thought this was a great movie. It's not the best animated Marvel movie but they sure are doing a splendid job with the characters to date. Makes me eager for a The Invincible Iron Man 2.

I just noticed that this movie will be on television on March 3rd (according to the TiVo schedule, anyways). I wonder if this thread will get a lot more opinions after that.

I would love to see a sequel to this movie. If they do one, they should get Rhodey into a War Machine suit, too. They should do something like a Justin Hammer story with his band of hired super-villains like in the comics. Maybe they could even have an Ultimate Avengers cameo to tie all the movies together.

Bones Justice

Bring on the noise!
Yep! And it will be at 7 PM that night on Cartoon Network's Toonami. That's a change from the Ultimate Avengers movies which aired later in the night on Toonami.

At 7PM, really? Wow, that's interesting. I didn't happen to check the time, just the day, since I already own the DVD.

I thought Iron Man was a lot more mature in terms of sexuality and violence than either Avengers movie. I wonder, will they edit anything from Iron Man for television? I guess by today's standards, it doesn't have anything you can't see on other networks at that time. But I still think it has a few scenes that are more than what you'd normally see on Cartoon Network at that time of day.

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
At 7PM, really? Wow, that's interesting. I didn't happen to check the time, just the day, since I already own the DVD.

I thought Iron Man was a lot more mature in terms of sexuality and violence than either Avengers movie. I wonder, will they edit anything from Iron Man for television? I guess by today's standards, it doesn't have anything you can't see on other networks at that time. But I still think it has a few scenes that are more than what you'd normally see on Cartoon Network at that time of day.

I doubt anything will be edited. I can't think of the last time they've edited an American animated production. Additionally, they are more lax with content in movies. They'll just slap a TV-PG or TV-14 rating on it and it'll be fine.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Shoot they (mistakenly I'm sure) aired UAII uncut with a Y7-FV rating. Iron Man will definently be just fine.

EDIT:

Apparently it's getting a TV-14-V rating. Woot!

Last edited by a moderator:

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
Suit up for the television premiere of Marvel's The Invincible Iron Man this evening from 7.0 to 9.0 PM (earlier than the other Marvel movies that have aired on Toonami). Cartoon Network has given the film a TV-14 rating so it will presumably be uncut. Afterwards, stay tuned for an all new episode of Naruto.

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Just in case any of you missed it last time, Marvel Animation Age managed to interview Supervising Producer Frank Paur about his work on the film last week. Please bare in mind if you're planning on watching it tonight, the interview contains spoilers!

To read the interview, click here.

Weibart

Intercept Now!
Reporter
"The Invincible Iron Man" premieres tonight on Toonami at 7PM!

01.jpg
The Invincible Iron Man
January 23rd, 2007 - Direct To Video/DVD Release

Synopsis: Past and present collide in this epic adventure that reveals the origin of Iron Man. While raising the ruins of a long buried Chinese kingdom, billionaire inventor Tony Stark digs up far more than he bargained for. He unleashes an age-old prophecy that foretells the resurrection of the Mandarin, the emperor of China's darkest and most violent dynasty.​

Thoughts?

KuwabaraTheMan

Great movie, fantastic.

Very epic, with great, well animated action. Great comedy moments, too, and an overall great story.

Easily the best animated Marvel movie so far. Hope the rest are on this quality level, and we get an "Iron Man 2".

Ending was very reminiscent of Batman Begins, however.

Soul

Great movie, fantastic.

Very epic, with great, well animated action. Great comedy moments, too, and an overall great story.

Easily the best animated Marvel movie so far. Hope the rest are on this quality level, and we get an "Iron Man 2".

Ending was very reminiscent of Batman Begins, however.
I was thinking the same thing

FightingDreamer

Mutant on the Rise
While I agree that the movie is the best Marvel Animated Feature so far, it still has problems. The major problem is the Mandarin. Yeah, he has a really cool design, but he's only in the movie for, what, five minutes? The Mandarin should have more of a character and personality. And while I liked the action, especially the volcano fight, they could have shown a tad more imagination in the final battle. All it is is Iron Man just blasting the heck out of the zombie soldiers, and he barely fights Mandarin, although the fight with the dragon was pretty cool.

Still, the story, characters, and animation are all awesome. I'd love to see a sequel, and I definitely appreciate that the story is fairly mature.

All in all, I give 'The Invincible Iron Man' a 9/10.

By the way, I know this is a tad off-topic, but does anyone else think 'Mosaic' looks like complete crap?

Soul

While I agree that the movie is the best Marvel Animated Feature so far, it still has problems. The major problem is the Mandarin. Yeah, he has a really cool design, but he's only in the movie for, what, five minutes? The Mandarin should have more of a character and personality. And while I liked the action, especially the volcano fight, they could have shown a tad more imagination in the final battle. All it is is Iron Man just blasting the heck out of the zombie soldiers, and he barely fights Mandarin, although the fight with the dragon was pretty cool.

Still, the story, characters, and animation are all awesome. I'd love to see a sequel, and I definitely appreciate that the story is fairly mature.

By the way, I know this is a tad off-topic, but does anyone else think 'Mosaic' looks like complete crap?
YES :sad:

Dead_Ninja_000

Okay I tried to give this movie a chance but I just couldn't get into it... it was nothing more than a big joke... sorry but the so called Iron man get's a 0/10

Sage Shinigami

This owns UA and UAII but it really didn't take much to do that anyway. I can't wait until 08 and we get the live-action movie. Honestly I didn't care much for the origin at first and the end seemed a little too perfect concerning Tony and his father, but oh well. Still beautifully animated and a fun watch if still not "Iron Man defined in cartoon form". The armors could've stood to be slightly more form-fitting, but that's just me.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08

Mosaic looks hilarious.

Master Moron

Wait, so this group of rebels managed to kidnap Tony Stark, and he was able to build an iron suit WHILE he was imprisoned? These guys have to be the most incompetent kidnappers ever.

I also thought it was kind of retarded how that girl was all like "It's my destiny" and crap up until she summoned Mandarin, and then after she summoned Mandarin, for no reason, she decided to turn on him. I mean, earlier she had told Iron Man that he would die, so it makes no sense that later on she wouldn't be willing to sacrifice him. Though, to be honest her whole motivation throughout the movie didn't make much sense to me.

Kyuss

Not exactly the ending I expected nor the suit I expect Iron Man/Stark to fight in. I too was disappointed that the Mandrin didn't have a much longer screen time and/or a bigger fight against Stark/Iron Man. I thoroughly expected both Iron Man and War Machine to pick the fight.

While this wasn't as good as some thought, it wasn't that horrific either. I just think the script itself could have used some tightening along with maybe a slightly longer run time.

danreyes1

I felt that the CGI was awkward-looking. And the whole mystical oriental four elements quest plotline is starting to get old.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts