Which is better Miguzi or Toonami

Youko Recca

Retired
We all look back at Toonami's old days and applaud how well it was...I'll look back on this Miguzi and yawn and maybe rub my eyes if it's lucky. Toonami is still the best of CN...it's like what the Uchia clan used to be to Konoha.

Mystic Shadow

Escapes Death once a day
Rabi~en~Rose said:
Starcrossed > all but like Toonami its come and gone. kinda hard to care about/get into something on only once a week :(
chicken.gif
That's exactly why you would get in to something. It's new. It doesn't get tirsome if you don't see it 5 times a week.

James Bester

Screaming for Vengeance
DNAngel said:
Miguzi- Because it's more interesting!

And it has a cool phrase: Come on in, the water's fine!
:) :sweat: :)
i'd say it's a geek phrase. that phrase doesn't really help miguzi at all. How about, "come on in....if you dare."

James Bester

Screaming for Vengeance
anime_guru said:
interesting topic, seeing that many had different beginnings...
yesterday, I saw my famed gundam w tape (ah bliss) amd saw every single episode of the series. It gave me a chance to really look at the evolution of toonami, how much it has changed, demographically and such, and again its dubbing standard.
I gotta say, the people that were watching toonami back in 2000-2001 were very spoiled. Arguably, this was the best run toonami has ever had (dubbing wise and content wise). many of the shows had a deeper theme that many children didn't understand during those days of toonami, and I for one simply enjoyed that about the toonami runs...
over the years, degrade of toonami and such, and then we get miguzi
I must say, as it stands now, miguzi really doesn't have ANY breakout shows like the toonami predecessor. and at the time(s) arguably the breakout shows were
sailor moon
dragon ballz
gundam w
miguzi might be able to break out (very indefinitely with) code lyoko, but the dub is horrible, so I don't see that happening
I just see miguzi as a very toned down version of what children want to see...so I guess for which being better, goes for demographic
if you are young (4-10) you might enjoy miguzi, personally, I enjoy toonami, even now...with the pretty bad edits and such...
i got into toonami in late 2001. right after rising sun was taken off:mad: . cn was so great back then. i just can't believe what weekdays have been reduced to. it seems like cn is overusing the boring shows and barely showing the great shows. those were the days...

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Toonami outweighs all the other blocks and probably still woud even if all the shows were in reruns because most of the shows on the block at the moment would be decent rerun wise.

TOP 10 favorite action/adventure series currently on CN

1) M.E.G.A.S. XLR - Toonami / Prime Time
2) Case Closed - Adult Swim
3) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Miguzi
4) Yu Yu Hakusho - Toonami
5) Gundam Seed - Toonami
6) Duel Masters - Toonami
7) Inuyasha - Adult Swim
8) Wolf's Rain - Adult Swim
9) Dragonball GT - Toonami
10) Trigun - Adult Swim

At the moment Toonami and Adult Swim are almost neck and neck but once Rave Master comes along and a few other things on general CN are added in June then Toonami will be dominating.

Oddly enough I only have on favorite show on Miguzi and it's very high on my list. If it were premieres then it would be the top spot but I've seen it all before so I wont give it the top spot because I rarely watch it on CN at this point.

So as you can see I feel Miguzi has it's merrits but Toonami tromps everything.

And it's true. People who watched Toonami back in 1999 were spoiled. I know because I was one of them. Uncut Gundam Wing for one thing but the edited run was just as awesome IMO, Reboot, Ronin Warriors, Sailor Moon, classic DBZ, it was all great!

Avenger772

I cant even believe someone could compare the two. Miguzi is nothing but crap filler. I cant stand code lyoko and while i will watchin tmnt if i cant find the remote, i loved the early 90's one much better. Toonami takes it here.

Wolf's Light

Firedragon said:
I think that Toonami is better because it has much better shows. I mean Code Lyoko is the only good showon Muguiz.
Ya, Toonami has alot more shows but most of them are not for little kid.
Muguiz on the other hand has more shows for little kids.

Mystic Shadow

Escapes Death once a day
Wolf's Light said:
Ya, Toonami has alot more shows but most of them are not for little kid.
Muguiz on the other hand has more shows for little kids.
Yeah that's called a "demographic." And don't expect him to respond to your post, he's banned.

_Zac_

Toonami has better shows and Code:Lyoko and TT is the only thing worth watching on Miguzi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wanted

Toonmaster
I like both, but I think that Toonami would be better on weekdays because then my brother and sister would not complain that I take up four hours on Saturday. I didn't even get to watch Gundam SEED because they took over.

But, who cares? I need to catch up on LYOKO, seeing as how I have only seen one episode.

Wanted

Toonmaster
And, for goodness sake, learn how to spell!

EDIT: For reference, here they are:

Miguzi

Toonami

Hyper Shadow

Well I've been out of the loop for a while and after fighting with my cable company to get CN I finally got it this past week. And yesterday was my first time watching toonami in over a year and a half. (heh started watching at duel masters and didnt go to bed until the end of trigun 7 hours of w00tness). Anyways as far a Miguzi is concerned it doesnt really bother me because I work now during that time so I couldnt watch it if I wanted to. But my question is what is the point to having a block when you are going to air the same shows two hours later. But from what I gather CN during the week lacks varaity I mean Baby Looney Tunes 4 times a day...WTF!!!..!1. Anyway as of now Toonami > Miguzi.

Now correct me if I am worng but to me it appears that during my absence someone managed to ressurect the old KidsWB Toonami and tried to make some unholy fusion with CN Toonami which caused some spreading of radioactive fall out over CN programing.:p

yeah the good old days in 1999.

ahh..... unlimited reboot sailor moon dbz. i miss those days. what happened guys? does cn not get it that we want our old shows back? that was like the best year of toonami. i still have episodes taped. i loved that potbellied guy, didn't you? i was jsut watching some reboot episodes the other day. yeah i miss the old toonami. every fall i remember 1999. i can just feel it in the air. :sad:

Obi

SEVEN. MONDAY.
They aren't showing Reboot and Sailor Moon because they don't have the rights anymore.

And Tom 3 > "that potbellied guy"

Obi said:
They aren't showing Reboot and Sailor Moon because they don't have the rights anymore.

And Tom 3 > "that potbellied guy"

oh seriosly they arent allowed? y? that is stupid. man they could at least who it for like a month.

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
kat_meditating said:
oh seriosly they arent allowed? y? that is stupid. man they could at least who it for like a month.
When Cartoon Network accquires a show, they usually pay for it on a 2-year contract. When the 2-years are up, their license runs out and if they air the show again, they can be sued. Some exceptions are Dragonball Z and Cowboy Bebop, because they brought in huge ratings.

Mystic Shadow

Escapes Death once a day
kat_meditating said:
yeah the good old days in 1999.

ahh..... unlimited reboot sailor moon dbz. i miss those days. what happened guys? does cn not get it that we want our old shows back? that was like the best year of toonami. i still have episodes taped. i loved that potbellied guy, didn't you? i was jsut watching some reboot episodes the other day. yeah i miss the old toonami. every fall i remember 1999. i can just feel it in the air. :sad:
The best was; He-Man, DBZ, Yuyu Hakusho, R Kenshin. They don't even show Kenshin and before long their ownership of the rights will be over...

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Featured Posts