What are your favorite animated DVDs/DVD sets in your DVD collection?

Kevin the Geek

Golem fan
Inspired by the favorite anime DVD/DVD set thread in the anime board, I decided to make this thread where we about our favorite animated DVDs/DVD sets in our DVD collections. Since there's a thread already covering anime, let's just stick to animation made outside of Japan.

My favorite animated DVDs would have to be...

Beast Wars Seasons 1-3 - I consider these to be one of my pride and glories in my DVD collection. Besides being a great animated show, these DVD sets are now out of print, making them even more valuable to me. I have seen that brand new copies of the season 1 set can go up to $100 or more! :eek:

Transformers Animated: Transform and Roll Out and Seasons 1 and 2 - Along with Beast Wars, this has to be one of the best Transformers series ever made. Unfortunately, these DVDs have also gone out of print, and the season 1 and 2 DVD sets can go for a decent amount of money. Hopefully, Hasbro and Cartoon Network can work out a deal to re-release the series, including the unreleased third season, someday.

Shredhead

Suck gas evildoers!
Sonic the Hedgehog the Complete Series: You can tell the set was was made with a lot of love and care unlike so many other 90's animated shows that didn't get released or did but in the most half assed way. cough X-Men TAS cough.

Beast Wars Transformers set one: I never even knew the show got released and by the time I found out the show was out of print and this was the only one I could find. So its something I'm always going to hang on to until it gets rerleased again I'm still hopeful it will.

Dr.Pepper

Staff member
I am going to have to say Ed Edd n Eddy seasons 1 and 2 (season 3 through 5 please come out now!) and my Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 DVD/Blu-ray combo pack

Michael24

Staff member
Volumes 1-4 of Batman: The Animated Series. I wish they had a few more bonus features, but otherwise I love them.

The Real Ghostbusters: Complete Collection is a fantastic box set as well. I wish every cartoon could receive this kind of treatment on DVD.

musicntoons15

Definitley my Powerpuff Girls 10th anniversary collection set :D my extensive Disney movie collection, and my Kim Possible DVD's of course :cool:

Ioz

Master of Mer
Filmation He-Man & the Masters of the Universe: BCI did a great job with the bells and whistles. It had some great package art and extras. I enjoyed most of the documentaries.

Real Ghostbusters complete series set: The firehouse and steelcase packaging were cool. I enjoy the little tidbits of information before each episode.

SpongeJosh

A Bold Kid
Looney Tunes Golden Collection, Batman: TAS Vol. 1-3, Sonic the Hedgehog the Complete Series and furthermore Sonic the Hedgehog the Movie, Invader ZiM: Complete Invasion, Powerpuff Girls 10th Anniversary Complete Series Collection, and all my Disney/Pixar blu-rays. All favorites mostly for content, and not just extras wise. These were releases done right for the most part and I always find myself going back to them.

chalmers

Role Model
Looney Tunes Golden Collection 1-6 and The Simpsons Seasons 1-10*. Those two are the reason I exist, without them there would be no SNES Chalmers.

*I also have Seasons 11-13 and 20, but they aren't nearly as important to me.

Immortal_Knight

Veteran Of The Cartoon Wars
Favorite single animated dvd i have: Allegro non troppo.

Anyone who has seen this movie, can very well tell you that it surpasses fantasia in damn near every way (allegro non troppo is basically an Italian answer to fantasia) The songs are better, the animation is better (to an extent), and hell this movie even has better emotion!

as for dvd sets:

freakazoid season 1, animaniacs season 2, and boondocks season 1.

CyclonatorZ

Definitely my DVD of the first season of The Spectacular Spiderman, as well as my set of Seasons 1-2 of TMNT 2K3. Together, they have provided me hours upon hours of entertainment, and make me wish the rest of both series were on DVD as well. ;)

Shirubie

samurai wannabe
My Justice League complete series set. Bought it after getting my first paycheck at my former job. The metallic box is beautiful and it's packed with extras.

Mist

Celebrating 20 Years of Sonic
The Simpsons - The Complete Second Season
Some of the best cartoons ever produced, with hilarious commentary, and awesome bonus features like music videos for "Deep Deep Trouble" and "Do the Bartman" a vintage behind-the-scenes special, and Butterfinger commercial spots.

The Brak Show Vol. 1
One of my favorite Adult Swim shows, with hilarious menus narrated by Brak and a ton of special features, including Cartoon Planet segments. And Adult Swim News starring Brak. (I know Brak Show didn't pull in big ratings, so it got cancelled. But why did they abandon Adult Swim News? Those were comedy gold!)

Ren and Stimpy - The First and Second Seasons
As I mentioned in the Simpsons DVD, these are also some of the best cartoons ever produced. The show has stood the test of time and remains hilarious. The packaging is also pleasing to the eye.

The Critic - The Complete Series
Could've used commentary on a few more episodes, but still, it's nice to have the entire series on DVD. This was one of my favorites growing up.

spongebob03

X-Men (90's series)- I don't care that there are no extra's. I've wanted the series on DVD since DVD's started coming out. It's my favorite show of all time, and I love finally having each episode on DVD.

Wolverine and the Xmen- This show is amazing to me. When it was first announced, I wasn't looking forward to it because I'm not a fan of Wolverine, and I thought the show would focus to much on him. I started watching it when it first stated airing, I enjoyed it, but I stopped watching it when the Wolverine vs. Hulk episode aired. I bought it when they released the whole series on blu ray, and I LOVE IT! I'm addicted to it! I have two more episodes to watch before I will have watch every episode, and I'm looking forward to seeing how everything plays out. Angels story has always made me sad, and watching his story on WatX made me sadder than the 90's cartoon. It was the most touching episode in the series IMO. That and Rover. And the series looks beautiful when you watch it on blu ray. I will start watching it again once I'm done.

The Golden Girls- I love this shows. It always picks me up when I'm feeling down. Bea Arthur's piercing looks and bitting remarks at her co stars never fail to get a laugh out of me.

I Love Lucy- It's classic Lucy, need I say more?

The Flintstones- Even though having every season on DVD, and episodes back to back made me realize the flaws in this show, I still get a kick out of this show.

The LIttles- I've always loved this show. I've always loved cartoons about creatures living in their own world with in the human world.

Fraggle Rock- Same as The Littles.

The Powerpuff GIrls

Tom and Jerry Tales- I KNOW I'm in the extreme minority on this one. But I enjoy it just as much, and sometimes more than classic Tom and Jerry.

Collie

Total Drama Llama
My nearly-complete Transformers Generation 1 set (still need s2v1), and Generator Rex s1v1. Superman: TAS, of course ... for movies, The Transformers: The Movie and The Incredibles.

Blue Zeo

CRY FOR THE MOON!
There are just SOOOOOO many... 151 out of 261 DVDs in my collection are animation. If anyone wants to take a look.

I've had good times with my Simpsons, [adult swim], South Park, and DCAU sets.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
My two must-haves, without which I'd be empty, are the first Looney Tunes Golden Collection and The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Both have my favorite animated anythings on them, the former has too many great shorts to name, and the latter has not just the movie, but Tim Burton's excellent "Vincent" short. I use both DVDs frequently and even though I can recite all of Nightmare at this point by heart and have seen each short on the Golden Collection hundreds of times over, I don't think I'll ever not have use for them.

There's a bunch more I can name, like my other Looney Tunes and classic cartoon discs, my season sets of The Simpsons, King of the Hill, Ed, Edd, n' Eddy, the DCAU, the complete series of Daria, and a few Disney movies (Aladdin in particular- the documentary on that is insane), but those two are special to me that nothing else in my collection can compete with.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
Probably my Dungeons and Dragons set. Comes in a really nice red, removal lid casing. There's also a fanmade video included on one of the discs.
I love my D&D set as well. I'm still kind of sad that BCI died out . I just really loved the way that they handled their dvds.

Another favorite set would be the one for Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes - Complete Series.. I really love the packaging and everything. It's not one of my all-time favorite series but I love how that set was done.

wikawaka

I know the topic said DVD's but Im gonna have to add a couple Videos in my list as well!

Sonic OVA:
I had to travel to a larger town than where I live to buy this and went from shop to shop only to bag a copy in the last shop I tried! It was so worth the trek the english dub may be a tad off but Ive watched it so many times over the years and loved it each time!

darkwing Duck vol:
I found this in a charity shop, it has the first 2 episodes. I loved this show when I a kid its a shame Disney UK wont bother releasing it on DVD. :mad:

RG Veda:
Another of my charity shop buys and this one is a British dub! So that makes it extra special since there isnt a lot of British anime dubs around.

Dogtanian DVD boxset:
Its a classic as far as Im concerned. Its as simple as that! Now, altogether now...*sings dogtanian theme song*

Sonic Underground DVD boxset:
I had to wait untill this came out before I got to see the end of the 2 3 parter episodes. :sad: But it was worth the wait!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Featured Posts