"Vixen" Animated Series News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
Vixen is making the transition to live-action on Arrow. Megalyn Echikunwoke is reprising her role.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=129105
Awesome! When Ms. Chikunwoke was cast in the role, it seemed a sure bet that they were eventually planning on introducing Mari into the live-action portion of the DCTVU, so happy that's finally happening :D.

Be interesting to see if this might lead to Vixen season 2 or more appearances in live-action. Also curious to learn what Mari's been up to after her series ended :cool:.

Also fitting that she would show up this season on Arrow given the increased focus on magic :).
It was always canon...
Yep. Even had the main writers for Arrow involved to boot ;).

Excellent developments. Can't wait to see the costume <ahem> to compare with Bourassa's design, of course.
Heh :p.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how they adapt the costume in live-action, and how accurate it will be to the animated design, especially considering it's supposed to be a spandex costume compared to the leather so often used for DCTVU costumes :sweat:.

TFormersMarvel

CYYGZCVUsAAiWla.jpg

Good news, Vixen has been renewed for Season Two! There's also a possibility of her spinning off from Arrow or joining DC's Legends of Tomorrow, according to CW's President Mark Pedowtiz. (Straight from the TCA)
http://deadline.com/2016/01/kevin-smith-the-flash-vixen-renewed-seed-1201679504/

Last edited:

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
That's fantastic... What an absolute win for Megalyn Echikunwoke. A live action appearance and more animated fun.

The crew truly deserved this little renewal and I can't wait to see where they take Vixen next.

Frontier

Staff member
Awesome to get confirmation about Vixen season 2. So now I can look forward to Mari's Arrow appearance and more animated solo adventures :D.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, it would be great to see season 1 and 2 aired on TV in full, so I hope we can eventually get that in some way, as well as on DVD somehow :).

So I guess it's safe to assume that season 2 will probably work the same as season one, in that we have one singular story or episode divided into six smaller segments for release. Be awesome if the runtime for the episodes is longer this time :D.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Pretty awesome that Vixen is getting a second season. Wonder what story they'll come up with for her this time and how much it will be connected to the live-action shows.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
I kind'a prefer her animated look.
The pirate boots are throwing me off & the extra patterned textures give off more of a Bumblebee/X-Men vibe.
I get the no spandex rule, but they could have modified a cycling tracksuit/jersey or Supergirl's "threads".

Frontier

Staff member
I guess it...kind of resembles the Bourassa design? At least if you shifted it from a spandex costume to a leather one like the rest of the Arrowverse suits (which, honestly I was expecting to happen). Though in my opinion it could definitely be mistaken for a completely different suit :shrug:.

And I wish they had ketp Mari's short hair :(.

I wonder if they might redesign Vixen for season 2 to better match this look o_O?

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
I wonder if they might redesign Vixen for season 2 to better match this look o_O?
Inevitably. It'd be pretty cool if Arrow/Oliver acknowledges the wardrobe (unless he's the one that hands it to her) and hairdo change when she makes her live-action debut because the cartoon is still in continuity :).

hobbyfan

I talked my bro and his roommate, who are both Arrow/Flash/Supergirl fans, to watch the entire season yesterday, this after we'd screened the first 2 eps of Marvel's Jessica Jones. Anyway, we were blown away.

Anytime Barry did or said anything remotely funny, we ROTFLOAO. DVD release, please!

Last edited:
Finally got the chance to see this, and was surprised how much I enjoyed it! I put it off for a while because I love DC animation, but wasn't fond of it being connected to the live action TV series universe. But it was a great little taste. Calling Vixen a series is a stretch, it's really a short, just under 30 minutes. It feels like the first act of a film and hopefully when part 2, I mean "season" 2 is released, the two will be combined for a dvd release.
I loved her characterization, I loved that the origin was done at such a fast paced but without feel rushed, and lots of doors are wide open. And the cameos from Arrow and Flash didn't necessitate any knowledge of the TV series but still had nods for the fans of those shows. I really wish Tucker had more time free to direct.

Frontier

Staff member
Cool!! Can't wait to get more info about we'll see in season 2. After Vixen's guest-spot on Arrow, I'm definitely excited to see where they take Mari next :cool:.

And maybe they'll explain how Mari knows Laurel. Vixen and Black Canary team-up :D?

EDIT 04/04: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/04/arrow-katie-cassidy-flash-vixen

Black Canary (with Katie Cassidy reprising from Arrow) will be making an appearance in season 2 ;).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

1 decade, 1 month and 1 fortnight ago, Shrek got a series of shorts titled New Shrek on DreamWorksTV.

Like the rest of Shrek, it has its fair share of memes, like a One Direction parody called Wrong Direction, an episode where he literally just burps Happy Birthday, a Freestyle Rap, and (from the very first second no less) of course:
Happy Father's Day!
Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.

Featured Posts