Talkback: F-Zero: GP Legend - 'The Secret Within'

Mek

Digestive Juices
Okay, this episode is one of my all time favorites out of the ones I've seen. (Next to 3, 15, 16, 19 and 20) Rick's actually likeable in this one for the most part too, IMO.

My opinions will be up tomorrow... that is, if I can even remember to reply. :sweat:

AnimatedSnow47

I'm really getting interested in this anime. While still being about good guys defeating the bad guys, it is deep and certaintly has some layers. The CG-Fzeros are cool, and the Mute City formerly being New York is a smile-worthy twist. Another nice touch was the ice cream cones sticking to the bad guy when he was groveling to the other bad guy. ;)

lostrune

Detective Rachel
Deep Thoughts: 11/06 Sat

1. Wait, why was Jodie's left boob burned? :confused:

2. Maximum police force = those stupid little popguns. :rolleyes: :D

3. So, Jodie is a cyborg? No wonder about her left boob. :sweat:

Mek

Digestive Juices
This ep. is still my favorite. Jody was quite likeable, IMO.

But I have one complain:

Luna Ryder. WTF?! I don't normally complain about name changes, but give me Miss Killer any day of the week.

Juu-kuchi

Everypony's Starry-Eyed
Oh 4Kids, you'll do anything to remove any trace of the word "Kill" or "Die" when it's not even used in context.

Last edited by a moderator:

lostrune

Detective Rachel
Mekairinek said:
Luna Ryder. WTF?! I don't normally complain about name changes, but give me Miss Killer any day of the week.
Actually, I think "Miss Killer" is too generic - no creativity in the naming at all. If it was reversed (original name Luna Rider, dub name Miss Killer), you'd say the same thing. :p

Mek

Digestive Juices
lostrune said:
Actually, I think "Miss Killer" is too generic - no creativity in the naming at all. If it was reversed (original name Luna Rider, dub name Miss Killer), you'd say the same thing. :p

Heh. Both are pretty bad equally. I'm just too used to 'Miss Killer', though the more I think of it... Luna Rider seems more fit for F-Zero. ^^;;; Plus it goes with her car's name (Moon Shadow) too.

Heh, it'll grow on me, I just know it. XD;;;

RAINMAN

Kikoutei Densetsu
Anit it odd that wheeler has no scars or missing body parts to show from his near death accident? If judy has a few then so should he.:sad:

Mek

Digestive Juices
RAINMAN said:
Anit it odd that wheeler has no scars or missing body parts to show from his near death accident? If judy has a few then so should he.:sad:
You forget, Rick is a flaming Mary Sue, so it's proper that he has no scars. ;)

.... God, I hate that little snot. XP

Freedom Fighter

It's not great, but this probably is one of the best, if not THE best, of the series in its short life so far. You know, I would've never guessed that Jody was a cyborg, or that she has just as much reason to hate Zoda as Rick does. And it also explains why she wears that 'little left to the imagination' body suit.

And, if anything, this episode also makes Rick look more than just a hotshot from old NYC that cares only for himself. Whether it'll last, I don't know, but at least Jody left a lasting impression on him (after he left one big one in her machine).

I just wish this show wasn't always so hit-and-miss. One week you're in love with it, the next you're struggling to stay awake, even after going through TMNT at that late in the morning. This probably could've been a whole lot better... then again, a lot of people could say that of Nintendo's other anime, Kirby.

lostrune

Detective Rachel
Batman's Biggest Fan said:
Does anyone know why they decided not to make Captain Falcon the main character? He's much better than Rick, that's far sure.
To Japanize it. The Japanese need someone they can relate to - another Japanese. :shrug:

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.

Featured Posts