So wait there were episodes of the Weekenders that didn't air on ABC?

I.R Joey

Yep my face got stuck this way
I was looking over at the TVTome site and I saw a bunch of episodes other than the 13 or so that I always saw cycled through on ABC. So I began to wonder whether some of the episodes premeired on Toon Disney and were never seen anywhere else. Can anyone confirm this?

Tobias

Who you gonna call?
Yeah, there were new eps that ABC didn't air before they canceled the show, so the 'newer' eps were premiered on Toon Disney as recently as a year or so ago.

I think all the eps have aired now, and the series is still on TD's weekday schedule, but that may change when Kim Possible and Lilo & Stitch come on, as well as the inevitable Jetix expansion.

MrNEWZ

What about the three episodes that seem to be "skipped" in the cycle that TOON DISNEY has?

I caught MY PUNKY VALENTINE/BRAIN ENVY during their Valentine's Day marathon, but it hasn't aired since.

They also have yet to air FATHER'S DAY/FOLLOW THE LEADER and NEVERMORE, which I've never seen. Trying to complete my Weekenders collection and it's kind of sad that I'll probably never see these episodes.

[sigh]

Tobias

Who you gonna call?
All three of those eps have aired, although I can't explain why they're mysteriously being skipped in the rotation, unless 'Nevermore' is just being held back soley for Halloween airings.

Fan of Sponge

I think since those three episodes have special holiday airings, then Disney decides to hold them back in the rotation until the holiday comes around once a year. They could just combine Brain Envy and Follow the Leader into one episode since those don't have a holiday theme in them.:shrug: Man I really hate things that only come once a year it's just the anticipation to gets you all ready for something important.

MrNEWZ

Fan of Sponge said:
I think since those three episodes have special holiday airings, then Disney decides to hold them back in the rotation until the holiday comes around once a year. They could just combine Brain Envy and Follow the Leader into one episode since those don't have a holiday theme in them.:shrug: Man I really hate things that only come once a year it's just the anticipation to gets you all ready for something important.
Well, that sucks. Now I get to wait a year to finish my WEEKENDERS set for Valentine's Day? Urgh... that's weak.

But hey, they'll air CARVER THE TERRIBLE and SHOES OF DESTINY 182713713 times a month.

-Michael

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I heard Max is giving Scavengers Reign to Netflix. Maybe they'll do more with it over there than Max did.
My reaction that TeenNick is airing more cartoons than live-action.

Quoted for the truth!
PLuto LEGO now is airing LEGO Friends: Next Chapter. Disney channel former recently aired this before.
It bugs me how when you say Looney Tunes, most people jump to the 50's Chuck Jones shorts as the default. I'm not trying to throw shade at Jones; he was great and the 50s LTs were great, but the 40's shorts shouldn't be overlooked; they're that much better IMO.

Featured Posts