"Space Jam 2" Pre-Release News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheril59

I assume Penny's gonna have a speaking role in the new movie, huh? I should think Tress MacNeille's a good choice, after Carrotblanca.

Frontier

Staff member
Looks like Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tweety, Sylvester, Lola Bunny, Road Runner, Wile E. Coyote, Porky Pig, Taz, Elmer Fudd, Foghorn Leghorn, Yosemite Sam, Penelope Pussycat, Marvin the Martian, Gossamer, and Granny will be members of the Tune Squad in this upcoming movie so far.
I never thought Bugs would be an X-Box fan, but okay :p.

I actually like the new Toon Squad look :).

I wonder who'll voice Lola...

powerjake

Banned
Why is Lola back in the Team?, Lola Bunny was shoehorned into the Looney Tunes characters group the same way just like Cousin Oliver.

In one of later interviews, Chuck Jones stated that, in his opinion, Lola Bunny is a character with no future, she's a totally worthless character with no personality (in fact, her personality in "Space Jam" wasn't much developed).

Frontier

Staff member
Why is Lola back in the Team?, Lola Bunny was shoehorned into the Looney Tunes characters group the same way just like Cousin Oliver.

In one of later interviews, Chuck Jones stated that, in his opinion, Lola Bunny is a character with no future, she's a totally worthless character with no personality (in fact, her personality in "Space Jam" wasn't much developed).
I think at this point Lola is an established Looney Tunes character, for better or worse. She's appeared in enough cartoons outside Space Jam.

powerjake

Banned
I think at this point Lola is an established Looney Tunes character, for better or worse. She's appeared in enough cartoons outside Space Jam.

It's true they revamped her to be an airhead in the Looney Tunes Show and Wabbit/New Looney Tunes, but that still does not make the character worthy enough to have her own solo theatrical cartoon shorts not even being a star in the HBO Max Looney Tunes cartoons.

Mandouga

Aaand into the trash it goes
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I really don't think that's fair. The movie hasn't even come out yet, and you've already decided that it's a bad movie? I have often expressed concern that a movie or TV show may not be what it appears to be, but I'm at least willing to give this one a chance. Now, I can't tell you what you should and shouldn't watch, but you should also give this one a chance...at least I think so.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

ElectricAngel

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I really don't think that's fair. The movie hasn't even come out yet, and you've already decided that it's a bad movie? I have often expressed concern that a movie or TV show may not be what it appears to be, but I'm at least willing to give this one a chance. Now, I can't tell you what you should and shouldn't watch, but you should also give this one a chance...at least I think so.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk
The first movie was bad and this won't be different. I was at least hoping for some nice 2D animation like what we've seen in promos so far, but seeing it's gonna be ugly CGI? No thanks... It won't even be visually pleasing.

Frontier

Staff member
The first movie was bad and this won't be different. I was at least hoping for some nice 2D animation like what we've seen in promos so far, but seeing it's gonna be ugly CGI? No thanks... It won't even be visually pleasing.
The environment looks CG but Bugs look more like he did in Back in Action to me.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Yeah I think they are going for what The Tom and Jerry movie is doing; it's likely that htey are CGI but are designed and presented as traditional 2D cartoons in overall presentation and flow. Thus getting as close to that classic look as possible but still being able to animate them like CG characters even if that's not how they appear as. Honestly hard to say how this one will turn out but hey I'm down regardless of how good or bad this winds up turning out.

zoombie

I don't mind Lola at all. (you guys saw her in The Looney Tunes Show she is awesome, we just need Krestein Wig back) If she is in it, give me more female characters, she should have to be a token anymore. In recent years we have had Tina and Petunia. No reason they shouldn't be in it as well. At the very least one of them, Lola needs a Daisy to her Minnie.

ShadowBlinky

I don't mind Lola at all. (you guys saw her in The Looney Tunes Show she is awesome, we just need Krestein Wig back) If she is in it, give me more female characters, she should have to be a token anymore. In recent years we have had Tina and Petunia.
Petunia's actually been around the longest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts