My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Season 8 Talkback

zoombie

New season time for a new talk back thread, since this is the season premiere, I thought I will start this early.

School Daze part 1

When the Cutie Map expands to areas beyond Equestria, Twilight Sparkle decides to open up a school.

School Daze part 2

Twilight and her students must save the School of Friendship when it is shut down by an organization.

Discuss

zoombie

So this directly follows up the movie, didn't expect that, nor any of the movie characters to be mention on the show, what is next Sunset Shimmer going to be mentioned?

Anyway what they are doing here, it is very interesting and I like it. These 6 students I like already.

Silverstream might be my favorite, though I was a big princess Skylar fan, and she is clearly a substitute for her, but that it is okay I forgive.

Ocellus is just to precious for this word. Hard to believe she was once an evil Changling.

Neighsay I wonder if this is the last we see of him, I wonder if he will become a villain later on. I guess we will find out.

Anyway season is off to a great start.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
It is a little unexpected that this continues off from the movie. Not that I'm complaining though. The only other tv show based features I know of where the events carry into the series are with Rugrats and Recess.

Oscar Preciado

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Impressed by how Lauren Faust rebooting this that i want to team-up with her to reboot Winx Club for Disney, if i don't get The Smurfs

Radical

Banned
School Daze 2-parter was pretty sweet/enjoyable, I'll enjoy Season 8,

Cool/Interesting/unexpected that it's after the My Little Pony: The Movie 2017, loved the Storm King and Tempest the new future ally:D.
Twilight to do a new school to teach the benefits of friendship across the lands was sweet.
Chancellor Neighsay and the EEA, my favorite great new horrible villains, Maurice LaMarche was great as Neighsay, the voice was familiar.
Cool seeing Thorax, Princess Ember, and Grandpa Gruff.
All the new students Gallus, Yona, Smolder, Ocellus, Silverstream, and Sandbar, best enjoyable new characters, mostly loved Smolder, Ocellus, and Silverstream:D.
Nice of Gallus, Yona, Smolder, Ocellus, and Silverstream to hate the terrible EEA rules.
Neighsay to shut it down, nice how they make him a dangerous threat compared to Queen Chrysalis, Tirek, Garble, and King Sombra.

Nice of Starlight to help/cure Twilight.
Nice seeing the Castle of the Two Sisters.
Love Ocellus, Yona, Smolder, and Silverstream's great funny moments:D.
The pukwudgies, cute dangerous new hedgehog-like creatures.
The Mane 6 getting Gallus, Smolder, Silverstream, Ocellus, Yona, and Sandbar back was great.
Twilight kicking Neighsay's butt was awesome, go Twilight, but Neighsay will be back though.
Princess Ember annoyed of the singing was funny, hahahahahaha:p.
The Mane 6 using their own teaching methods to make the School of Friendship more enjoyable was sweet:D.

zoombie

The Maud Couple

Pinkie Pie's bond with her older sister Maud is challenged when Maud gets a boyfriend.

Discuss

zoombie

Well I can understand Pinkie Pie's plight, but I do think she was being very unreasonable until the final act when Limestone and Marble talked some sense into her. Though Limestone did all the talking.

I did find of Mudbrair's antics very annoying, but still if he makes Maud happy that is all that maters, and Pinkie should know that.

Still I am glad to see the other Pie sisters who are the forgotten sisters, and we continue with Maud's friendship with Starlight and continuation of the B team.

So all and all an okay episode.

TsWade2

I have a feeling that the Chancellor might have revenge later this season, kind of like Starlight Glimmer did, when she used to be evil.

zoombie

Fake It Till You Make It

Fluttershy takes charge of the Rarity for You boutique in Manehattan while Rarity is away.

Discuss

zoombie

I don't know what to make of this episode. Weather it is good or bad, it is all over the place. First of all I love the montage of Rarity asking everyone else to help before Fluttershy, even Bolder. Also great to see Sassy Saddles again, even though she have any lines. Also they mention how many times Fluttershy has overcome her shyness, the show is self aware of how they keep repeating themselves.

Anyway I love all these Fluttershy characters they are hilarious, especially the goth one. Still though Fluttershy getting lost in these characters was really disturbing. Suppose to be played for laughs but I don't know, after this episode my feelings are I really think Fluttershy needs to see a therapists, she got some issues.

zoombie

Grannies Gone Wild

Granny Smith and her friends head to Las Pegasus. Rainbow Dash tags along as a chaperone so she can ride the best rollercoaster ever before it closes.

Discuss

zoombie

Well than this was some episode and very informative. First of all it seems to me Soarin and Misty they are dating. I don't know if the fandom ships them, but they did hint that in this episode, but that is just my opinion.

The episode very cliche and predictable, it seems the non school episodes are going to be that way, but fine. Likeable enough characters, an entertainment enough plot. And we learn Applejack is a wet blanket.

I think everyone agrees, we probably meet one of Trixie's relative, in that magician, the blue one. I wonder if they will do anything with that.

Dudley

Staff member
Someone showed me that pony versions of Rick and Morty and the main character of Breaking Bad make an appearance in this episode.
Looks like I’m gonna have to check this episode out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zoombie

Surfs and / or Turfs

The Cutie Mark Crusaders help a young hippogriff decide whether he belongs with his hippogriff or seapony relatives.

Discuss

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
This one is somewhat of mixed bag.

One one side, the episode's premise of Silver Stream's brother being torn between whether or stick on the land with his dad or be in the sea his mom is a nice analogy of a kid whose parents are either divorced or due to certain circumstances (i.e. one parent working having to work in a different part of the country or having to take care of an ailing family member) are living in different areas. At the same time, the episode does a great job of depicting the hippogriffs' homeland following the events of the movie.

However, the episode does have a problem with Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo preferring different areas. Don't get wrong, as the episode does do a good job of having the two see why they they like their area of choice (with Sweetie Belle admiring the natural beauty of the mountain area, while Scootaloo prefers the water, as she compares being a sea pony to flying, something that she's currently unable to do). However, it does feel like Sweetie Belle's issues with the sea seemed somewhat forced just so the episode can go through the "friends have an argument and refuse to talk to each other" trope that ends up bringing the episode down.

zoombie

So the closest we will get to tackling divorced parents in this show. But I fine and clever way to do it without mentioning the "d" word. And Terrormar's parents do get along, so it not divorced parents that hate each other.

The CMC's get called by the map, that is fine and all, but in the end they didn't solve the problem, it was the parents that solved it for them.

Twilight Sparkle provided some great comic relief, and surprised they didn't mention last time she was there, she betrayed the queen and stole their magic pearl. Let's just forget about that. Ha ha.

An episode about Silver Stream's family, and we don't Silver Stream, that is a bummer. Why couldn't they bring her along?

All and all a fine episode, but no Silver Steam is disappointing. And my biggest problem is Applejack saying she defeated the Storm King, that goes against her character, she doesn't lie, it would make more sense if it was Rainbow Dash that was boasting about defeating the Storm King.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
And my biggest problem is Applejack saying she defeated the Storm King, that goes against her character, she doesn't lie, it would make more sense if it was Rainbow Dash that was boasting about defeating the Storm King.
Judging by Apple Bloom saying "Not exactly" when Twilight asked about it, I'm guessing it was actually her that made up Applejack defeating the Storm King.

zoombie

Judging by Apple Bloom saying "Not exactly" when Twilight asked about it, I'm guessing it was actually her that made up Applejack defeating the Storm King.

So the Apple Bloom is the liar. I knew it, that is not in Applejack's character, so still haven't learned her lesson from "Where The Apple Lies".

zoombie

Horseplay

Twilight Sparkle casts Princess Celestia in her play, only to discover Celestia's talents lie elsewhere

Discuss

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Featured Posts