"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Is that little girl Electro?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The current Electro in the comics is a woman (and was created by the show's consultant, Dan Slott), but the girl in the clip looks nothing like her.

I wouldn't have even guessed the character was supposed to be Electro if not for the electricity powers and turning into a blue, living electricity, creature at the end :eek:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Just thought I'd bring this up again - Jennifer Muro teased her work on this show back in June 2017. I imagine the "really exciting villains, a nice chunk of villains" she mentioned in the interview were in regards to this episode.

Lord Spider

Ugh what have they done to electro when I first saw that clip I thought she was someone off obscure character but electro ugh it reminds me of the female version of her from the dan slott run.

TheLemsterPju

I forgot to mention this, but the female Electro's electrical form reminds a lot of Viral from TMNT (2003) Fast Forward.
2596708984_e25f63c56d_z.jpg

EndBringer99

When are they gonna bring Harry back? When will Anya reveal her powers to Spidey? When is Miles gonna stop sidelining and start being useful?

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
When are they gonna bring Harry back? When will Anya reveal her powers to Spidey? When is Miles gonna stop sidelining and start being useful?
1. Probably in the second half of the season

2. Either in the two episodes airing on August 13 or in the second half of the season

Frontier

Staff member
They still need to follow up on that room that Norman left Harry (not that this show hasn't indicated an issue with dropped plot points), but I think Harry will probably be back around the time the Superior storyline starts.

The other Spiders are supposed to take the spotlight soon, so I imagine that will resolve the issues with Anya and Miles to some degree, at least until Peter gets back.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
August 6th:
Entertainment Tonight has a longer preview clip with Booboo Stewart and Nathaniel Potvin discussing their roles.

August 8th:
Log-lines for the next 2 episodes are now available on Zap2It.

Brain Drain
S02, E12
8/13/2018
Spider-Man and Miles Morales discover Doc Ock, whose mind has been hiding inside the metal body of the Living Brain, has been behind the mysterious bounty for Spider-Man's head.
The Living Brain
S02, E13
8/13/2018
Spider-Man must fight his way through the Super-Villain Holding Facility to challenge the Living Brain, the robot body that is housing the mind of Doctor Octopus.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
August 6th:
Entertainment Tonight has a longer preview clip with Booboo Stewart and Nathaniel Potvin discussing their roles.

August 8th:
Log-lines for the next 2 episodes are now available on Zap2It.
Well, in-case anyone was wondering who about the true fate of Doc Ock and who was really behind the villain gauntlet...the episode description goes ahead and spoils it for you :p.

It'll be nice to see Miles finally relevant again :).

So Ock has transferred his consciousness into the "Living Brain," like in the comics, although the description is acting like we should know what it is, but I don't think it's ever appeared before on this show. Unless it's Miles' robot :sweat:?

After they had mentioned it at the beginning of the season, I was expecting we would see Spidey have to break into or get stuck in The Cellar at some point, and now Spidey will probably have to contend with all of the villains he's put away there since the start of the season :eek:!

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Well, I heard a bit of Scott Menville's Doc Ock in the Mystery Man, so this is no surprise. I'm willing to bet that Anya and Gwen will discover the truth about Peter as Spiderman.

Frontier

Staff member
Well, I heard a bit of Scott Menville's Doc Ock in the Mystery Man, so this is no surprise. I'm willing to bet that Anya and Gwen will discover the truth about Peter as Spiderman.
I mean, the credits even listed Scott Menville as the Mystery Man's voice. If they were aiming for a mystery, they didn't do a very good job of it :p.

I actually wondered after Peter fainted when they brought him back from Spot's portal if perhaps Gwen and Anya took his mask off to see who he really was, but that would probably be a big breach of privacy if they did.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I mean, the credits even listed Scott Menville as the Mystery Man's voice. If they were aiming for a mystery, they didn't do a very good job of it :p.
Reminds me of how they listed Jim Meskimen as a "Mysterious Figure" to keep Ultron a surprise back on Avengers Assemble. They even showed his face on screen (admittedly he was wearing a cloak, but you could tell who it was).

EDIT: Now to be fair, Spectacular Spider-Man did something similar as well, with Peter MacNicol voicing the Master Planner.

Last edited:

Spideyfan123

So he will jave to fight all the villains he put away in an enclosed area while exhausted for not sleepimg in over 48 hours. Well...wow

In these situations it would have been better if the show had a so how Spider-Man to show how much he struggles and perservers

I could totally see this beong something Spectacular Spider-Man might have done the idea is good it is just the execution

Frontier

Staff member
So he will jave to fight all the villains he put away in an enclosed area while exhausted for not sleepimg in over 48 hours. Well...wow

In these situations it would have been better if the show had a so how Spider-Man to show how much he struggles and perservers

I could totally see this beong something Spectacular Spider-Man might have done the idea is good it is just the execution
I think it would help if we hadn't become so accustomed to Spider-Man needing help just to stop one villain, but at least they were better about it in the last arc :sweat:.

EDIT 08/09: Clips next weeks premieres have been released:

"Brain Drain"

"The Living Brain"

Last edited:

TheLemsterPju

I think it would help if we hadn't become so accustomed to Spider-Man needing help just to stop one villain, but at least they were better about it in the last arc :sweat:.

EDIT 08/09: Clips next weeks premieres have been released:

"Brain Drain"

I love how immediately after the first line of Spidey's heroic theme music played out, Miles got knocked out and the music soured. That was funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts