"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Something wrong with Jennifer Hale? She did "reprise" her role as Danvers in Disney Infinity.
As did Colleen O'Shaughnessy as Wasp, though whatever the case I expect they'll have Carol and T'Challa A-list VA's and not do stunt casting considering most of the main cast ;).
Downgraded from showrunners to consultants to just being gone outright. Ouch.

Wacker wasted no time in shaking things up.
If the quality improves tremendously, as it's done for USM for the most part, I have no complaints. I'm not Wacker's biggest fan, but I won't argue with results if they're good :).

Can't really say MOA will be missed, nor can I really think of anything positive they really brought to the table. Aside from Deadpool in USM I guess :sweat:.

Bit Cloud

Finally we have Carol-Captain Marvel, not only do we get another female member, but one that actually has super strength so when she knocks down villains who have super strength and bodies with high durability it will make sense. Seriously the stuff this show has had Black Widow do, is just beyond ridiculous.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I'm mixed on this news. On one hand, it'll be epic seeing Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Kang.

On the other....Ultron again? Civil War again? I've said it before, but Assemble can be really repetitive....

But Man of Action is gone, so....good sign!

Monsoon

Finally we have Carol-Captain Marvel, not only do we get another female member, but one that actually has super strength so when she knocks down villains who have super strength and bodies with high durability it will make sense. Seriously the stuff this show has had Black Widow do, is just beyond ridiculous.

I fell off the show but are you telling me they had her do something other than be cold and sarcastic?

macattack

I see you!
Staff member
Reporter
I'm mixed on this news. On one hand, it'll be epic seeing Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Kang.

On the other....Ultron again? Civil War again? I've said it before, but Assemble can be really repetitive....

Sounds like to me that Wacker wants a do-over of the Ultron and Civil War episodes. XD

EDIT: I sure as hell did not write those last two sections of my post there.

Last edited by a moderator:

spyke

If the quality improves tremendously, as it's done for USM for the most part, I have no complaints. I'm not Wacker's biggest fan, but I won't argue with results if they're good :).

Can't really say MOA will be missed, nor can I really think of anything positive they really brought to the table. Aside from Deadpool in USM I guess :sweat:.

I agree.

LOL, I know what you mean. It's like a glass being half full/half empty. I also hope that we will see an improvement in the art and animation.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
Yes! Season 3! I love this show, it's so bad but so good at the same time. I hope it turns out like USM where the third season is fire though I would argue the first season of AA is better than the first season of USM.

What I want:

- Another Doctor Doom episode (Low probability)
- Another Guardians of the Galaxy episode (High probability)

How are they going to announce season 3 when they haven't even finished season 2? We've got no new episodes in June, the threat of Thanos hasn't been solved nor the threat of Squadron Supreme. Either this show is really doing well or Marvel simply doesn't care at this point. Probably both lol.

ChessKing

Were finally getting Captain Marvel in this show but also Ms. Marvel.
Does that mean were getting the animated debut of Kamala Khan as Ms Marvel??

JoeMabbon

Sheriff
I'm excited about the new additions but I'm still lukewarm to this show. Ultron appearing again is also worrying. The movie actually made a genocidal robot with an infinite supply of backup bodies interesting. I'm honestly hoping they take some cues from the film when they reintroduce the character.

I hope they just retain Carol's characterization from Earth's Mightiest Heroes. That interpretation was near perfect.

I'm wondering how they'll introduce Black Panther into the show. Have any of the Marvel Animated Universe shows introduced or mentioned Wakanda?

RoryWilliams

I'm not too annoyed at another Civil War plot because the one we got was more like Civil Disagreement. We got a few episodes of two teams but they never clashed and there really wasn't much at stake. The next one has a very low bar to jump over.

Were finally getting Captain Marvel in this show but also Ms. Marvel.
Does that mean were getting the animated debut of Kamala Khan as Ms Marvel??

Most likely, yes. Carol is going to be Captain Marvel in the movies and since with the exception of Kamala, all the announced characters are movie ones, I can't imagine they'd have Carol as Ms. instead.

Choppasmith

I hope they just retain Carol's characterization from Earth's Mightiest Heroes. That interpretation was near perfect.

I'm wondering how they'll introduce Black Panther into the show. Have any of the Marvel Animated Universe shows introduced or mentioned Wakanda?

At first I was kinda baffled by you asking if Wakanda has ever been mentioned thinking you meant any Marvel show while taking about Carol in EMH and then I realized you were talking about the recent shows. Oops.

To answer your question, I don't think so. Not beyond a random name drop maybe.

Frontier

Staff member
More involvement from Wacker this time is probably one of the main reasons we're getting Carol as Captain Marvel in season 3 since he was on record as that being something he was planning to do I believe. I wonder if they'll just completely gloss over Mar-Vell and her origin :sweat:?

And yeah, taking Wacker's influence into account and the lack of female representation on the team, I think it's likely Carol will join the team. Once again, I find it funny that she ends up being the second female Avenger in an Avengers cartoon :p.

Still wish we had Wasp or at least Wanda in there, even if I get why they're not being used :sad:.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
I'm hoping we get Captain Marvel joining for real to offset the gender ratio a little.

That seems to be a decision that Marvel didn't like and had more to do with Joss Whedon using his influence, as Whedon even said he fought to include them because they were his favorite Avengers when he was a kid. There is almost no merchandise for the movie for Quicksilver outside a mini-mate, and of course there was the way the film ended. Scarlet Witch fared a little better with a few toys from Hasbro but not too much. She's going to be appearing in Civil War but again that seems more like having to move forward with the character rather than Marvel wanting her. Heck, we just had a whole storyline meant to tie into Age of Ultron and yet they had Ant-Man of all people show up but not Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch.

Even in the newest Marvel licensing image showing up, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are nowhere to be found. The other new MCU players like Ant-Man, Vision, Black Panther and Captain Marvel are all there in prominent positions, but not the Maximoffs. Something is funky.

88-8815-UBXO300Z.jpg

Maybe they will appear this season but it's mighty suspicious that they were absent alongside the Fantastic Four and X-Men heroes.

Meaningless. If you go by Whedon, it was his idea to kill Quicksilver. Marvel and Disney were the ones that wanted Quicksilver to live. So...

RoryWilliams

Meaningless.

Nope. Clearly something's up or else Marvel would be aggressively pushing these kids as the next big thing.

Writing's on the wall. They took the time to mention Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man and Ms. Marvel, the Inhumans, and Baron Zemo, their next big movie villain, but nary a mention of the Maximoff twins. Vision's absent makes sense if we assume they're tying him into part of the Ultron story but if they had an interest in the Maximoff twins, surely they'd be mentioned alongside the other new MCU heroes.

Marvel and Disney were the ones that wanted Quicksilver to live. So...

Whedon fought for them and that doesn't mean he didn't also want to kill Quicksilver. He's a guy with a reputation for killing characters in his works. And I've heard nothing about Marvel trying to argue for him to live. In fact the statements he's said seem to be the opposite, with mentions of him writing an alternate ending in case Marvel vetoed his idea to kill Pietro. If Marvel wanted him around they would have overruled Whedon.

Venom Melendez

Since the Inhumans are showing up, I guess it's not surprising Kamala is too.

It will be cool to see her on the show. Carol as Captain Marvel too, hopefully Hale is still doing her voice.
I'm not too annoyed at another Civil War plot because the one we got was more like Civil Disagreement. We got a few episodes of two teams but they never clashed and there really wasn't much at stake. The next one has a very low bar to jump over.

There wasn't much conflict like there would be in an actual Civil War either, so i don't mind.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Hopefully the new Ultron arc will be better than the mini-arc they recently had, since I doubt it could be worse. The Avengers: United They Stand had Ultron as their nemesis throughout their only season and didn't even manage to finish that storyline. I'm pretty happy about the new characters mentioned to appear next season. Here's hoping their characterizations won't be changed too much to match the current hero line-up.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
Hopefully the new Ultron arc will be better than the mini-arc they recently had, since I doubt it could be worse. The Avengers: United They Stand had Ultron as their nemesis throughout their only season and didn't even manage to finish that storyline. I'm pretty happy about the new characters mentioned to appear next season. Here's hoping their characterizations won't be changed too much to match the current hero line-up.

I wonder how fights will work. Most Avengers fights now are a chaotic mess when the team fights together, something I love but I can't see how they'll balance 10 characters fighting together.

JoeMabbon

Sheriff
I wonder how fights will work. Most Avengers fights now are a chaotic mess when the team fights together, something I love but I can't see how they'll balance 10 characters fighting together.

That's why I was hoping the two teams would stay separate, even after they reconciled. That's also why the entire team was never together in Earth's Mightiest Heroes, except for the series finale.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
That's why I was hoping the two teams would stay separate, even after they reconciled. That's also why the entire team was never together in Earth's Mightiest Heroes, except for the series finale.

If they do split up, I hope it's for good reasons and not some shoddily written reason lol.

Anyone think the former members of the CABAL will be members of the Masters of Evil? I know some people hate how this show reuses villains but I could behind seeing the return of Red Skull, Attuma, Dracula and co in a serious role.

JoeMabbon

Sheriff
Anyone think the former members of the CABAL will be members of the Masters of Evil? I know some people hate how this show reuses villains but I could behind seeing the return of Red Skull, Attuma, Dracula and co in a serious role.

If one or two members are on the Masters of Evil that's fine. But if its mostly the same guys, there's just no reason to change the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Featured Posts