Keiki "Grandiose Thievery of Automobiles" Talkback

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Keiki #18 - Grandiose Thievery of Automobiles (Page 1)
How do you like that? Over fifteen features revealed on the schedule last month, and we start with one that wasn't even on it.

That's just the way things turned out. In the end, what goes first is what's ready. I felt the Mulberry story that was supposed to show up right now needed more time to cook. I'm going to wait until this drama in Washington blows over; I might need to comment on it somewhere. Other stories could have been pushed ahead, but this one came out of my mind fully formed after growing weary of endless hype for a sadistic game series I care nothing about. It's a story about censorship, and I was surprised how well the characters I'd established brought that debate to life. It's really rare when this kind of subject is treated in a balanced manner.

I'm completely shocked that this cartoon made it through on time (or at least close enough in my time zone). The script didn't exist before last week, and I had zero time to draw it. What I'm finding is these character designs are so simplistic to me now, I can blast through a ton of them rather quickly. Of course, I mentioned last time that those same simple designs are also causing me grief, and it still holds. Keiki's 2-D, flat-top hair is insane to me now. What was I thinking?

In case you've ever wondered, no, I try not to look at Keikis from years in the past. Most artists can't stand to look at their past work and I'm no different. I've learned a lot about the importance of symmetry and to watch it closely, otherwise unpleasantness happens like the drawings in the archives.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Keiki #18 - Grandiose Thievery of Automobiles (Page 9)

Sorry if the art looks a bit wonky in places this time; I've been transitioning between tablets with little time for practice. Not that it's very noticeable with characters like this.
The dialogue from Night Trap is verbatim. I had nothing to do with dialogue that stilted.

I'm gonna catch Sleepy Hollow and then I'm completing the last page.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts