No recent animated full-length film beyond "Despicable Me 2" features the voice of Al Pacino and I don't know why!

Vuxovich

In terms of voice acting, the great Al Pacino is sadly shunned. The Godfather video games didn't include his voice due to legal reasons and André Sogliuzzo replaced him in the Scarface video game for some reason. To make matters worse, Al Pacino's animation debut was ruined when Benjamin Bratt replaced him as Eduardo/El Macho in Despicable Me 2. No animated full-length film beyond the said one featured Al Pacino's voice. I cannot imagine the voice acting scene without him. At this moment, I wonder. I know that he did a voice for a PSA commercial, but why the animated works avoid to cast the great Al Pacino?

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
In terms of voice acting, the great Al Pacino is sadly shunned. The Godfather video games didn't include his voice due to legal reasons and André Sogliuzzo replaced him in the Scarface video game for some reason. To make matters worse, Al Pacino's animation debut was ruined when Benjamin Bratt replaced him as Eduardo/El Macho in Despicable Me 2. No animated full-length film beyond the said one featured Al Pacino's voice. I cannot imagine the voice acting scene without him. At this moment, I wonder. I know that he did a voice for a PSA commercial, but why the animated works avoid to cast the great Al Pacino?

He is likely pretty expensive, they got a sound alike in the God Father game and hired Benjamin Bratt for Despicable Me 2 to save some cash, IMO.

I also think he has been phoning it in recently, I was watching that Amazon show Hunters, the first TV show he worked on and he was not good in that. Not to take away from his previous work, but he has not impressed me recently.

Last edited:

[classic swim]

SwimShady
He is likely pretty expensive, they got a sound alike in the God Father game and hired Benjamin Bratt for Despicable Me 2 to save some cash, IMO.

Michael Corleone also looks completely different in The Godfather game(s) because Pacino gave his “likeness” away to the Scarface game at the time. Despite not actually voicing Tony Montana either.

I think they cited even back then that Pacino was getting too raspy for those characters.

harry580

I think al pacino is too expensive to be in animated films, plus having him as a voice actor could cause some dispute, remember when al Pacino left despicable me 2 due to creative differences?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.

Featured Posts