"Fantastic Four" Reboot Pre-Release Discussion Part Two (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoryWilliams

Then there's really nothing to discuss at this point if all the talk is gonna be "I've made up my mind and will hate this movie despite not having seen a single frame."

The Talon

This is may come as a shock to you, but there are movies out there where people correctly predicted that they would be bad (Jonah Hex and Clash of the Titans comes to mind). I'll just try to suck it up and give Fox the benefit of the doubt, maybe this will end up more like Days of Future Past and less like Rise of the Silver Surfer.

This is may come as a shock to you, but there are movies out there where people correctly predicted that they would be bad (Jonah Hex and Clash of the Titans comes to mind). I'll just try to suck it up and give Fox the benefit of the doubt, maybe this will end up more like Days of Future Past and less like Rise of the Silver Surfer.

Predicting is a young reader's franchise different from actually having an opinion.

Wonderwall

Staff member
Okay I just had to do some massive clean up because two members can't stop this childish nonsense. Here's a pro tip, if you're going to report something don't continue to respond to the person and make the situation worse. Both of you could have easily racked up some infractions. If you must do a back and forth, that's what the PM is for but in this case there's another pro tip, we have an ignore function which I think would work wonders here. I see this again, it's instant warnings.

RoryWilliams

First look at Pre-CGI Doctor Doom.
photo_1%20(1).jpg

Frontier

Staff member
I wasn't actually expecting a lot of CG for Doom... though I wonder if it's going to be used to display his completely metal body like the Ultimate and movie Doom? It looks like he's missing an arm too :confused:.

I wonder if that mask is also part of the Mo-Cap and not what Doom's mask will actually look like in the movie?

RoryWilliams

I wasn't expecting CGI either (which is why the set pics greatly troubled me) but apparently that is standard procedure for armored looks. I'm not sure if they're going for armor or a metal body, but I do know in the Iron Man movies RDJ were heavily CGIed in minimalist outfits.
hqdefault.jpg

dmxx116

I wish Marvel/Dinesy would buy the rights back and this reboot will never be seen at all like the 94 movie.

mumbo

Look skyward
I try not to actively root against movies, but...everything I'm hearing about this one is making it really, really hard not to.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
It's at the point that I completely forgot about this movie until this just showed up in my subscribed threads update. I've been a big FF fan probably from around the time I learned to read and I'd just rather not be aware of this thing. Such a shame as I was rooting for Josh Trank after Chronicle, too. Not to be an MCU fanboy but it kills me that the rights didn't expire already like Daredevil's.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
lmao lmao rofl! This can't be really happening. Oh, man. Hoo... I needed that.

mumbo

Look skyward
It's at the point that I completely forgot about this movie until this just showed up in my subscribed threads update. I've been a big FF fan probably from around the time I learned to read and I'd just rather not be aware of this thing. Such a shame as I was rooting for Josh Trank after Chronicle, too. Not to be an MCU fanboy but it kills me that the rights didn't expire already like Daredevil's.
Think if this movie bombs badly enough Fox will just sell the rights back? I know things are pretty sour between them and Marvel, but come on, I can't see them just sitting on rights to something they've failed to launch twice purely out of spite.

I'm fine with X-Men remaining with Fox and am quite happy with the X-Men movies of late...but Fantastic Four needs to go back pronto.

Frontier

Staff member
Y'know, I like to believe that I've been as fair and optimistic about this Fantastic Four reboot as I possibly could, especially as a fan of the property and characters, but this... I just don't have the words. It's starting to look to me like this is less and less a Fantastic Four movie and more Josh Trank making his own kind of Superhero movie using the property instead of faithfully adapting it :shrug:.

So people who enjoyed Chronicle will probably enjoy it, and it might even be a decent movie, but as a Fantastic Four movie it will probably be bad :(.

At the risk of being incredibly redundant at this point, at least if Marvel had the rights I think we could expect a more faithful FF movie and a Dr. Doom that's actually treated and portrayed like Dr. Doom. Then they would have no reservations about publishing Fantastic Four comics again, and we can move past that childish nonsense.

The only two bits of optimism I can stir up for this movie at all are that one look at the Thing we got and Michael B. Jordan as Johnny. The latter is legitimately looking likely as the best thing to come out of the reboot :sweat:.

darkdetective

Former TZ Reporter/Reviewer
Reminds me of the Smallville villain Russian foreign exchange student Mikhail Mxyzptlk. Yes, that was real too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Featured Posts