"New Mutants" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Another report an early draft of the movie had it set in the same time-line as Apocalypse, and McAvoy and Shipp would have appeared as Xavier and Storm, respectively.
No offense Rubble, but that is old news. Probably in this thread from years ago.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I think it was a pretty early rumor that Professor X would pop up at the end :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Heh heh, loved the opening with the dates being crossed off and the tweets.

Cold open and the trailer -- SO GOOD.

Very interesting ideas for the sequels, all different kinds of horror movies - an alien invasion in Brazil with Warlock and Karma introduced and the third adapting the Inferno crossover. Man, I would have loved the hell out of this trilogy.

Last edited:

Hulkwummy

Dec 31, 2016
Sorry for bring this up again, but I still think this LGBTQ thing with Wolfsbane and Moonstar is a bad idea, because that's not what they are in the comics, they're suppost to be best friends, nothing more, nothing less, at one point in the comics Wolfsbane had a crush on Cannonball, and she even had a little smooch with Rictor.

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
Sorry for bring this up again, but I still think this LGBTQ thing with Wolfsbane and Moonstar is a bad idea, because that's not what they are in the comics, they're supposed to be best friends, nothing more, nothing less, at one point in the comics Wolfsbane had a crush on Cannonball, and she even had a little smooch with Rictor.
I'm going to be honest but there was indeed subtext between Rahne and Dani in the comics when Claremont was writing the New Mutants ongoing, as in before all of that you mentioned plus Rictor would later come out as gay. Heck, they weren't the only ones that he planned on having them end up as a romantic couple as he also planned to have Kitty and Rachel ending up together in the comics.

AdrenalineRush1996

May 13, 2016
Was this before or after Wolfsbane developed a crush on Cannonball?
Likely before and also before she had a romance with Cypher, which happened in the Louise Simonson run after Claremont left to focus more on Uncanny X-Men as well starting work on the Wolverine ongoing and Excalibur.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Boone talks more about the original plans – setting it around time of X-Men: Apocalypse, Storm was in the role that Braga's character is now, how he was told to keep it stand alone even though it was in the Fox X-Men continuity, then mandated changes came like the implication was Fox thought the failure of Apocalypse was setting it in the past so Boone had to change the setting to a nebulous point of time.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here are the most notable South Asian voices.
The 2015 Fantastic Four film was released 5 years ago today.
Kitschensyngk wrote on Harley's profile.
Who do I contact over at Popgeeks about server problems? I've having difficulties accessing the server to update my website.
Chowder grew up 10 years ago today August 7, 2010 and would pave the way for C.H. Greenblatt to grow as an animator. He had it rough in the 2010’s but he would create Harvey Beaks and Jellystone.
Both "Phineas And Ferb: Star Wars" and "Scooby Doo And Batman: The Brave And The Bold" tie with 2 votes each. I'll be tiebreaker. It was really hard, but I pick "Phineas And Ferb: Star Wars". Now the final matchup is between "Phineas And Ferb: Star Wars" and "Quack Pack".