C&C - Black Clover - "End of the Battle, End of Despair" [12/15]

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
I respect that when push came to shove, Yami didn't mess around and simply killed Vetto. There was no other choice at that point. It was always insufferable to me when Goku kept messing around with Frieza instead of just finishing the job.

TerraKnight

What is it about a popular, soon-to-be-long-running Shonen Jump manga adaptation that makes it incomparable to a shorter series with similar plot threads?

I would imagine watching fifty episodes of a TV show would give you a pretty good impression of what it's about regardless of its length. I've seen some shows do more in twenty-six or fewer episodes than others do in two hundred.

It's because comparing to another series that's nothing like it is petty and desperate. For one, I actually read the manga and the series does get better and that would be the assembling of the Magic Knights along with introductions of new characters that have been very well-received.

I knew that the show got an extension past episode 51, but I didn't know that it was for exactly 51 more episodes, giving us 102 episodes in total barring another extension. We're finished with the Vetto fight and it was an okay fight, neither horrible or spectacular. It was a little surprising that Yami easily outright killed Vetto in a kind violent way, splitting heads open. It seems like most modern shonen heroes refrain from killing, but it seems that shonen are way more likely to have the heroes kill non humans than humans (that's why heroes kill villains in Bleach but I can't remember the heroes ever unambiguously killing villains in One Piece, where most villains are humans compared to hollows or arrancars for Bleach). The setting and world building as well as developing the side characters was obviously an afterthought compared to action. The side character's plights are kind of undermined by magic healing making dismemberment and maiming minor inconveniences (almost all shonen anime and Star Wars has taught us that losing limbs is no big deal). This arc was a masterpiece compared to the last because less Gauche time. I'm still terrified by the fact that the ANN review gives the arc after this one a massive panning after kinda liking this arc, so the it gets better argument seems to be in doubt.

Because there will be two more arcs after the Witches' Forest Arc with the current one being the longest and what the series has been building up to.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
It's because comparing to another series that's nothing like it is petty and desperate.

Have you seen both shows? They're both about magic, they both include fantasy elements, they both feature obnoxious protagonists with lofty ambitions but zero natural talent who learn to work through their shortcomings and harness their true power...they may not be exactly alike, but there are similarities.

Black Clover and LWA are both shows about defying the odds, never giving up, and following your dreams. One of these character's dreams may be partially unrealistic (Asta wanting to marry a nun) but the theme is still there.

TerraKnight

Have you seen both shows? They're both about magic, they both include fantasy elements, they both feature obnoxious protagonists with lofty ambitions but zero natural talent who learn to work through their shortcomings and harness their true power...they may not be exactly alike, but there are similarities.

Black Clover and LWA are both shows about defying the odds, never giving up, and following your dreams. One of these character's dreams may be partially unrealistic (Asta wanting to marry a nun) but the theme is still there.

Asta's dream is to become the Wizard King, now you are just being very selective on purpose.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?
Twitter remains super toxic, I do not recommend spending more time on there than you have to. I have friends on there, but meh.
Today marks the 25th Year Anniversary of when the Original Game of the Super Smash Bros. Franchise was released in North America. It's quite surreal to see how far Nintendo's All-Star Battle Royale Franchise has come since its early days.
I watched the first episode of Yuru Camp this morning on a whim, though I did have slight influence from a Twitter friend who really likes it. Can't believe I waited until now to give it a shot, because I really enjoyed it.
I've said this before, but the Ignore button is a life saver.

Featured Posts