Batman, Superman, Catwoman, Birds of Prey

BeyondGotham

Batmanytb.com
You know, I'm pretty sure that most of us are tired of the back and forth that the WB is giving us on these films. First of all, when you report it in a Mag that it WILL happen, then you don't do it, it kinda looks bad. Now I can understand once doing this. But why are earth wudl you do it to every comic movie?? The WB is doing a great thing with Smallville. I think that Birds of Prey will also do good.

Why can't movies be like this?

I look at Marvel. They are doing great..and probably laughing at DC. Where the WB controls everything, MArvel has more than one way to go. (Fox, Sony, ect...)

WB needs to remember what happened to the little boy who cried wolf.

Now I'm sure that perhaps they are afraid to make money because of Supes 4 and B&R. But these are diffrent times. There are new movies that show how a Comic movie SHOULD be made.

It leaves us..the fans wondering..what can we do? Switch to Marvel? Is there anything we can do to make our voices heard?

Patrick Bateman

Telling it like it is
It leaves us..the fans wondering..what can we do? Switch to Marvel? Is there anything we can do to make our voices heard?

Oh, we make our voices heard all the time, but WB doesn't give a crap. They have no respect for us, or the comic property that they sadly have the rights to. I think they would take a hint and see how much money Marvel is making from their comic movies, and realize that people WILL pay to see these films. Our only hope is for someone at Warner Bros. to pull their head out of their *** and give us what we want.

JusticeLeagueLegion

Samantha is a hottie!!
I'm hoping one of these days that WB has absolutly nothing to do with DC anymore...sure, I know that WB owns DC, but as long as they do, the movies are just gonna be either crappy or non-existant for all eternity. I wish Disney or some other company would by DC or at least some other network that isn't afraid to go for it. (Okay, maybe not Disney, after all, I don't think Disney makes movies that are PG-13) But in any case, some network that aren't cowards should get into it. These WB guys are doing a pathetic job with the movies...the only thing doing good now is Smallville and the animated shows...but if any other network ever did buy DC from WB then I'd hope that they'd also hire Bruce Timm and Co., that way we'd still see more of basically the same stuff.

Barb Gordon

Nin-Mod
Ever hear of AOL Time Warner? WB definitely needs to take a few cues from Marvel, and then maybe things will flow better for them. Or maybe it's that the WB people need to get some new head of staff to turn itself around. Whatever it is, sooner or later WB will realize they need to do things differently, do them better, and then I don't think fans like us will be tearing our hair out so much in frustration. I just hope they shape up sooner rather then later.

~Barb

Ed Liu

Frog of Thunder
Staff member
Reporter
Howdy,

The other thing to keep in mind is that Hollywood is a notoriously ephemeral and constantly shifting place. All kinds of projects get greenlit and then put on hold for the strangest reasons, not just comic movies. Comic movies just tend to get more attention on the Internet than the average romantic comedy or action film in "development hell."

The only way to know for sure that a movie is going to come out is when you start seeing posters and trailers for it. Even that's no guarantee that the movie will appear when it's supposed to (for an extreme case, look at Collateral Damage).

That said, Marvel has a far clearer vision for the characters than the suits at AOL/TW, and seems much more capable at cutting through the red-tape of Hollywood. I think part of their success involves getting big names who are fans of the comics involved early (Sam Raimi, Ang Lee, and Guillermo Del Toro), or getting a director "on-board" the property (Bryan Singer).

-- Ed/Ace

BeyondGotham

Batmanytb.com
It's clear we all feel the same way about the WB. and it's sad to think that we just have to sit here. But I supose that we will..at some time or another get a new movie..one that we like.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts