"Batman: Caped Crusader (Amazon Prime)" Animated Series News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Wright is going to be doing 'What if?' for Disney+. Maybe if he does find time, he could reprise his voice for this. Though, before you mentioned him, I imagined Phil Lamarr could do a good job emulating Wright's Gordon.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I know, I purposely left out Wright's credits for Marvel Animation. Phil LaMarr would be a nice choice, I think Khary Payton could also work as Gordon.

Funny how we're now speculating who would play the supporting cast instead of the main character.

the greenman

Well, we also don't really have a good idea of how Pattinson will handle his Bruce or Bats yet. One teaser trailer isn't enough to gage us fancasting just yet.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
To be fair I don't think the show would try and match the characters' voices and characterizations with the ones from the upcoming movie. At most, maybe take some visual cues from it, similar to Batman TAS before.

the greenman

To be fair I don't think the show would try and match the characters' voices and characterizations with the ones from the upcoming movie. At most, maybe take some visual cues from it, similar to Batman TAS before.
We know that. Or else can you imagine BTAS Bruce acting crazy sometimes "You wanna get nuts?!" Would have to get the Beetlejuice VA for those scenes.

Last edited:

AetherOps

I can't see this show lasting long on CN before becoming a HBO Max exclusive, I get that CN has gone through some executive shakeups since the days of GL:TAS and YJ, but don't have much faith given their treatment of Infinity Train and (don't quote me on this) how alot of the slice of life episodes in the later seasons of SU were the result of force mandates CN push on the creative time.

The people behind Caped Crusader clearly want the show to be a spiritual successor to B:TAS which don't see fitting CN's mold.

Frontier

Staff member
I can't see this show lasting long on CN before becoming a HBO Max exclusive, I get that CN has gone through some executive shakeups since the days of GL:TAS and YJ, but don't have much faith given their treatment of Infinity Train and (don't quote me on this) how alot of the slice of life episodes in the later seasons of SU were the result of force mandates CN push on the creative time.

The people behind Caped Crusader clearly want the show to be a spiritual successor to B:TAS which don't see fitting CN's mold.
I am kind of surprised it's even airing on CN to begin with, but the fact that they're allowing something like this in the first place has to mean something, right :confused:?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I was thinking it could also be possible for the show to basically be exclusive to HBO Max, and Cartoon Network would get it later on. For example, The Fungies premiered last year on the service but it also started airing on CN this month. I think this was the first HBO Max show to premiere on the channel.

Otaku-sempai

Or, maybe--just maybe--Cartoon Network is going to see something of a change in direction. Of course I could be wrong, but networks re-brand all of the time.

Last edited:

whoisretro

I was thinking it could also be possible for the show to basically be exclusive to HBO Max, and Cartoon Network would get it later on. For example, The Fungies premiered last year on the service but it also started airing on CN this month. I think this was the first HBO Max show to premiere on the channel.

The thing about The Fungies! was that the original press releases claimed it was just a Max exclusive no airdate on CN while this is said to be on both from the jump. My take on that is I think episodes will air on CN air first and then be made available on Max a day later.

Last edited:

the greenman

The thing about The Fungies! was that the original press releases claimed it was just a Max exclusive no airdate on CN awhile this is said to be on both from the jump. My take on that is I think episodes will air on CN air first and then be made available on Max a day later.
Well, much like most of these Streamers, they are supposedly trying to build up exclusive content. Now what HBOmax has been obviously trying to do is get subscribers. Do we know if CN is investing money behind this series. If it's not for children that means we won't expect "Caped Crusader" Burger King kids meals, and probably truly a MAX exclusive.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
This is all speculation of course, but I presume HBO Max would still have dibs on the show and premiere the episodes before CN. Sort of similar to how episodes are posted on their app before they debut on the channel. But we'll see.

The same method - whatever it might be! - will probably also apply to My Adventures with Superman. Batwheels is going to be part of the "Cartoonito" block so that's probably a different story.

CyberCubed

Do you think this show will go on for 100+ episodes? With HBO running it instead of CN they have no reason to cancel it early unless it really tanks in viewership early on.

whoisretro

Do you think this show will go on for 100+ episodes? With HBO running it instead of CN they have no reason to cancel it early unless it really tanks in viewership early on.

It's suppose to air on both and probably not unless it becomes some huge success like Teen Titans GO! was I doubt it'll go on for that long. If I were a betting man I'd say this show will go for around 60 episodes.

hobbyfan

Yeah, that makes sense. Air it first on HBO Max, and Chumptoon Network repurpose it later, assuming they find room for it because of their obsessions (and you know what I mean).

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
I'm assuming it's gotten an initial order of 26 episodes like most other WB cartoons. They may choose to air them in two blocks of 13 (like 'Harley Quinn'), but we'll just have to wait and see.

Michael Uslan (Producer of Batman film franchise) shared this recently. The moon, Batman pose and font all evoke B:TAS so much. I'm curious to see how much they lean into the legacy of the show when marketing starts in earnest.

Spider-Man

Why would that even matter? Quantity does not dictate quality or popularity. The idea that episode count dictates success or whatever is misguided and wrong. My only hope for the run is that the creators get to tell their story as they want, that's it and that's all that should matter.

CyberCubed

It has for some time, usually shows that get canceled after 26 episodes aren't always because they're poor but because the studios didn't give it a chance or it didn't catch on with viewers. We've seen this with DC cartoons consistently for a long time especially during the 2010 decade which was a low point for DC having successful long running cartoons outside Teen Titans Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Featured Posts