Ark: The Animated Series

SweetShop209

There's currently a series in development called Ark: The Animated Series. It's based on the 2017 video game, Ark: Survival Evolved, which I've never played before. The premise of the games, which I assume carries over into the show, is about a group of humans as they seek to survive on a stranded island inhabited by dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals, natural hazards and other dangerous humans.

The voice cast includes Vin Diesel, Elliot Page, David Tennant, Michelle Yeoh, Jefrey Wright, Madeline Madden, Gerard Butler, Zahn McClarnon, Devery Jacobs, Ragga Ragnars, Karl Urban, Malcom McDowell, Debora Mailman and Russel Crowe. Ark The Animated Series is set to premiere in 2022.

The voice director is Wes Gleason. He's of course best known for his work in various DC shows and movies, though he's also served as a video game voice director.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
As far as video game to animated adaptions go, it looks pretty interesting :).

Vin Diesel is also playing a character in the sequel game, so I'm guessing that will play into his role here ;).

doomrider7

That One Guy
I've been dreaming of something like this for a VERY long time since the lore in the game is legit awesome. With that said, if anyone has questions about the series in any capacity, feel free to ask away.

doomrider7

That One Guy
Extended trailer with more voice work.

And yes I can tell you who most of these characters are if you're curious.

Edit: Looking at the cast, I take back what I said. I don't know who most of those characters on that list are. Not sure I like it since it's a rather large departure from the games.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Extended trailer with more voice work.

And yes I can tell you who most of these characters are if you're curious.

Edit: Looking at the cast, I take back what I said. I don't know who most of those characters on that list are. Not sure I like it since it's a rather large departure from the games.
So my takeaway is that we have a cast representing various cultures and David Tennant is probably a bad guy :eek:.
DC veteran Jay Oliva is working on the series.

Nice to see Jay Oliva spearheading something new :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So my takeaway is that we have a cast representing various cultures and David Tennant is probably a bad guy :eek:.

Nice to see Jay Oliva spearheading something new :).
Yeah, he's got a couple in the works since he founded the Lex and Otis animation studio in 2018. I think a zombie one called Army of the Dead, a superhero one called Indomitable Joe, a adaption of a horror called Trese for Netflix, a Norse mythology anime with Zack Synder for Netflix, and adapting a fantasy horror called Court of the Dead.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, he's got a couple in the works since he founded the Lex and Otis animation studio in 2018. I think a zombie one called Army of the Dead, a superhero one called Indomitable Joe, a adaption of a horror called Trese for Netflix, a Norse mythology anime with Zack Synder for Netflix, and adapting a fantasy horror called Court of the Dead.
"Army of the Dead" sounds like an Evil Dead spinoff :p.

An original Superhero IP from Oliva sounds cool :cool:.

So Netflix has a Greek "anime" and a Norse "anime" ;).

Also plenty of horror :ack:.
While she wasn't mentioned in the press release, Cissy Jones will do voice work for the series.

Glad to hear her in something new :).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

YOU GUYS!! I was on a Twitch stream with Jordan Todosey (the voice of Willa on Willa's Wild Life) and sent that "Sound Good To You?" video through her Discord server AND YOU ARE NOT GONNA BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED OMG-- And she even tried to do Willa's voice too in the process!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED Y'ALL OMG-
The clip:
I found this tweet from Tom Warburton from April. Why I only discovered it now is a mystery. In any case, the show didn't win the Annie Awards for preschool programming, but here's the acceptance speech for what would have happened if the show did win.

Say NO to Hungary's anti-LGBT law!
My name is Luca, I live on the ocean floor....
The Hungarian anti-LGBT law has sadly passed by the government! And Portugal beaten us 0-3.
Today's addition in Palk Áron 2002's Arts is about Bloo having both feelings.

Featured Posts