Ark: The Animated Series

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
There's currently a series in development called Ark: The Animated Series. It's based on the 2017 video game, Ark: Survival Evolved, which I've never played before. The premise of the games, which I assume carries over into the show, is about a group of humans as they seek to survive on a stranded island inhabited by dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals, natural hazards and other dangerous humans.

The voice cast includes Vin Diesel, Elliot Page, David Tennant, Michelle Yeoh, Jefrey Wright, Madeline Madden, Gerard Butler, Zahn McClarnon, Devery Jacobs, Ragga Ragnars, Karl Urban, Malcom McDowell, Debora Mailman and Russel Crowe. Ark The Animated Series is set to premiere in 2022.

The voice director is Wes Gleason. He's of course best known for his work in various DC shows and movies, though he's also served as a video game voice director.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
As far as video game to animated adaptions go, it looks pretty interesting :).

Vin Diesel is also playing a character in the sequel game, so I'm guessing that will play into his role here ;).

doomrider7

That One Guy
I've been dreaming of something like this for a VERY long time since the lore in the game is legit awesome. With that said, if anyone has questions about the series in any capacity, feel free to ask away.

doomrider7

That One Guy
Extended trailer with more voice work.

And yes I can tell you who most of these characters are if you're curious.

Edit: Looking at the cast, I take back what I said. I don't know who most of those characters on that list are. Not sure I like it since it's a rather large departure from the games.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Extended trailer with more voice work.

And yes I can tell you who most of these characters are if you're curious.

Edit: Looking at the cast, I take back what I said. I don't know who most of those characters on that list are. Not sure I like it since it's a rather large departure from the games.
So my takeaway is that we have a cast representing various cultures and David Tennant is probably a bad guy :eek:.
DC veteran Jay Oliva is working on the series.

Nice to see Jay Oliva spearheading something new :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So my takeaway is that we have a cast representing various cultures and David Tennant is probably a bad guy :eek:.

Nice to see Jay Oliva spearheading something new :).
Yeah, he's got a couple in the works since he founded the Lex and Otis animation studio in 2018. I think a zombie one called Army of the Dead, a superhero one called Indomitable Joe, a adaption of a horror called Trese for Netflix, a Norse mythology anime with Zack Synder for Netflix, and adapting a fantasy horror called Court of the Dead.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, he's got a couple in the works since he founded the Lex and Otis animation studio in 2018. I think a zombie one called Army of the Dead, a superhero one called Indomitable Joe, a adaption of a horror called Trese for Netflix, a Norse mythology anime with Zack Synder for Netflix, and adapting a fantasy horror called Court of the Dead.
"Army of the Dead" sounds like an Evil Dead spinoff :p.

An original Superhero IP from Oliva sounds cool :cool:.

So Netflix has a Greek "anime" and a Norse "anime" ;).

Also plenty of horror :ack:.
While she wasn't mentioned in the press release, Cissy Jones will do voice work for the series.

Glad to hear her in something new :).

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"ARK: The Animated Series Surprise Launches On Paramount+"​

Ark-Animated-Series-1.webp

"Normally there’s some promotional lead-up between the time an animated show is announced and the time it becomes available, but…not this time. Paramount+ has suddenly launched the first half-season of their own ARK: The Animated Series overnight.

What’s ARK, you may ask? Well, the show was first announced years ago, and the last time it was teased was in 2022, so don’t blame yourself for being out of this loop (so were most people). But now you might be thinking this has to be a cheap cartoon Paramount is just burying. That’s not true either….just look at this voice cast.

ARK: The Animated Series stars Michelle Yeoh, Russell Crowe, Gerard Butler, David Tennant, Jeffrey Wright, Elliot Page, Madeleine Madden and Vin Diesel. That’s a lot of big names that don’t work cheap. In addition Paramount is just releasing the first six episodes, and holding onto the rest for a later date — if this was a dump we would’ve gotten the full 13. The animation doesn’t look cheap either…"

Read the full article here.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts