Adult Swim takes over Final Space rights from TBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Season 1 of Final Space premiered last year on TBS with encores airing on Adult Swim shortly thereafter.

This year, season 2 will be premiering on Adult Swim. CNSA caught the tail end of the promo advertising it.

Series creator Olan Rogers confirmed it. It's still a TBS original, but AS will be airing season 2 before TBS.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
Its better to keep the discussion on its own thread that to sparsely separate on another thread.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Its better to keep the discussion on its own thread that to sparsely separate on another thread.

Considering the recent policy changes this website made concerning threads from third-party shows going to the board of their production studio rather than the network they air on, I wasn't sure what to do.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
How well did Final Space do on both TBS and Adult Swim ratings wise?

List of Final Space episodes - Wikipedia

Based on the Wikipedia, they were doing between 500K to 660K on Adult Swim. Not sure if those are good numbers, but at least we're getting a third season.

It always surprised me this was never on Adult Swim to begin with. Always seemed strange that the show launched on TBS.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Adult Swim now fully owns Final Space instead of TBS.

As a result of this news, this thread (which hasn't seen much activity, anyway) will now be locked. Please refer now to the Final Space news thread, which has been moved to this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts