Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
What are your predictions for The Walt Disney Company in 2022? Here are some of mine:

Pixar
  • "Turning Red" releases in theatres in March (no simultaneous Disney+ release, not even a theatre-skip to the streamer)
  • A movie based on the Sam & Max comics, directed by the original creator, Steve Purcell, is announced.
  • "A Bug's Life 2" is announced.
Walt Disney Animation Studios
  • "Searcher Clade", which comes out November 2022, is revealed to be a 2D-animated feature, perhaps using the animation technique from the 2021 Disney short "Far from the Tree".
Disney Television Animation
  • Season 3B of "Amphibia" premieres in Spring 2022. The show overall wraps up with a big finale.
  • "The Owl House" is renewed after all, and becomes a Disney+ Original Series.
  • "The Ghost and Molly McGee" has a Passover episode, since Molly's human friend, Libby, is Jewish, and Passover is a Jewish holiday.
  • Disney Television Animation announces a new series created by Rebecca Sugar and Ian Jones-Quartey.
  • Disney Television Animation announces an "anime-esque" show.
  • Disney Television Animation announces some darker/edgier projects for Disney+.
Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Junior
  • It is announced that Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Disney Junior in the United States will cease operations in 2023, and Disney will commit to producing shows for third-party networks like Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and PBS, as well as shows for third-party streaming services, in addition to Disney+.
Disney+
  • "Titan A.E.", "Once Upon A Forest", "A Troll in Central Park", "The Pagemaster", "FernGully: The Last Rainforest", "Bartok the Magnificent", and "FernGully 2: The Magical Rescue" come to Disney+.
  • Disney+ announces movie-length specials based on The Simpsons.
Other
  • Susan Arnold is the best thing that has happened to Disney, and even quickly becomes CEO, replacing Bob Chapek.
  • The Walt Disney Company purchases The Jim Henson Company.
  • Disney purchases the rights to the "Thomas & Friends" franchise, because Mattel has been horrible to it.
  • Disney opens some new animation units in China, South Korea, India, Malaysia, and the Philippines.
  • Disney acquires Lionel, LLC

Last edited:
Reactions: Moe

glennbyrnes

The Disney Channel will have a late-night adult block to compete with Adult Swim and Nick at Night.

JedSwag

Streaming
Disney+ will now become a done-right streaming service internationally, in any ways:
- To add adult content on the US and Latin America versions for the 6th tile
- Replace Disney+ Hotstar (in 4 countries) with the actual Disney+ to make Hotstar as a 6th tile, will also add some missing features that Hotstar has, such as profiles, GroupWatch and others, even add astonishing amount of 2,000 titles
- Rebrand STAR tile to HOTSTAR tile in all foreign versions (to avoid any confusions from STARZ)
House of Mouse and Brandy & Mr. Whiskers to be added on Disney+
Fantastic 4 (2005 film and Rise of the Silver Surfer) returns to Disney+ (US)

Television premieres
Ultra Violet and Black Scorpion to premiere on Spring 2022
Raven's Home season 5 to premiere on Spring 2022
The Owl House season 3 to premiere in Summer 2022
Saturdays to premiere on Fall 2022
A DCOM to premiere on Summer/Fall 2022

Renewals
Big City Greens & Sydney to the Max renews for season 4 and will announce as their final season.
Secrets of Sulphur Springs, Mickey Mouse Funhouse & The Ghost and Molly McGee renews for season 3

Last edited:

harry580

scrat tails will get released a few days after buck wild got released

rio the series or ice age the series gets announced

w.i.t.c.h. gets added to Disney plus

and oswald tv series got announced

Asa

• Sade is confirmed to be an Disney+ original film
  • Frozen II finally premieres on Freeform/Disney Channel
  • Magic Happens finally returning to Disneyland after a two-year absence
  • Classic shorts like Plane Crazy, classic movies like Angels in the Outfield, Life Size, and Make Mine Music, and classic shows like Aladdin: The Series, W.I.T.C.H., and Sofia the First are released on Disney+
  • The final six episodes of Miraculous season 4 will begin airing on Saturdays beginning in January on Disney Channel
  • Disneyland/California Adventure stay open for the rest of 2022 (the first time they've had the parks open for 12 months a year since 2019)
  • Chip and Dale Park Life gets renewed for a second season
  • Raven's Home's fifth season will be the final season
  • PJ Masks will end after season 6
  • The Jungle Book's Signature Collection DVD release is finally announced (since there hasn't been any titles released since September 2019)

Last edited:

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I thought up another prediction:

Disney+, and other streaming services, are installed into TVs at Disney hotels and resorts in Walt Disney World and Disneyland.
  • Sade is confirmed to be an Disney+ original film
  • Disneyland/California Adventure stay open for the rest of 2022 (the first time they've had the parks open for 12 months a year since 2019)
Sade might become big enough for a theatrical release. Also, Disneyland will be open all next year. It’s not like there will be a variant-related shutdown.

EDIT: I have another prediction:

Reruns of the original Proud Family show, along with The Proud Family Movie, return to Disney Channel in celebration of The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder on Disney+. Said revival also gets a sneak peek airing on Disney Channel before coming to Disney+.

EDIT #2: Yet another one:

"Olaf Presents" gets more episodes, with Olaf retelling Beauty and the Beast, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Lilo & Stitch, The Princess and the Frog, Big Hero 6, Zootopia, Raya and the Last Dragon, and Encanto.

Last edited:

Asa

Disneyland will be open all next year. It’s not like there will be a variant-related shutdown.

"Olaf Presents" gets more episodes, with Olaf retelling Beauty and the Beast, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Lilo & Stitch, The Princess and the Frog, Big Hero 6, Zootopia, Raya and the Last Dragon, and Encanto.
Good. Walt Disney World did a good job keeping their park open all year.

The only park that will close next year is Mickey's Toontown for the rendering of the reimagined area.

I also would like to see a new Olaf Presents happening too.

I could see him retell Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty.

Moe

Add rest of Disney's back catalogs on Disney+ if there is no conflict with other companies.

I'm wonder if old Sony contents will be added to Disney+ or Hulu because of agreement between Disney and Sony? Second run new film won't happen until 2024-2025 at least after first run on Netflix.

Disney+ need a lot of more contents or have Hulu merge into Disney+ under Star banner to keep subscribers growing.

Chevistian C

Streaming
Disney+
- Buzz Lightyear Of The Star Command will be added on Disney+ ahead of Lightyear's release
- More classic Disney Channel Original Animated Series from 2000's get added (Dave The Barbarian, Brandy And Mr Whiskers,,The Buzz On Maggie,Ying Yang Yo)
-House Of Mouse Gets Added
-The Weekenders gets added
-More Disney's One Saturday Morning shows get added (Teamo Supremo,Fillmore,Llyod on Space)
- PBJ and Otter gets added
-Motorcity gets added
-The 7D get added
-Penn Zero Part Time Hero get Added
-Oswald The Lucky Rabbit The Series Finally gets announced
-Renewals for Chip N Dale Park Life, Monsters At Work & The Proud Family Louder And Prouder
- Ice Age The Series gets announced
-Darkwing Duck By Seth Rogen announces it's showrunners
-Rio related project
-Kim Possible Revival gets announced in honor of it's 20th anniversary.
-Jeff Kinney announces animated adaptation of DOAWK The Last Straw

Television premieres
-Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur Gets Season 2 Renewal and Simulcast Premieres on Disney+ & Disney Channel
-The Owl House Returns In February
-Big City Greens S3A Premieres on January
-Amphibia and The Ghost And Molly McGee return on May with Amphibia getting a primetime series finale
-Hamster And Gretel Gets Season 2 Renewal and Simulcast Premiere on Disney+ & Disney Channel
-Rise Up Sing Out debuts on February
-Firebuds debuts Spring
-Puppy Dog Pals airs it's final episode on fall

Renewals
Big City Greens S4 + DCOM Movie or D+ Movie
Alice's Wonderland Bakery S2
Eureka S2
Spidey S3
Mickey Funhouse S3
Rise Up Sing Out S2
Monsters At Work S3
The Ghost And Molly McGee S3
The Chicken Squad S2
Mira Royal Detective S3
Muppet Babies S5

NEW SHOWS

One New Show by The Houghton Brothers
One New Show Created By Monica Ray Gets Greenlight
Lucy Heavens and Nic Smal's second Disney TVA show gets Greenlight
Name Title for Kris Wimberly Disney Junior Show Gets Announced
One Show By Cheyenne Curtis gets Greenlight
Noah Z Jones Third Disney Show Gets Greenlight
C.H Greenblatt Announces a Disney Show (This one is debatable since in Creative Block he mentioned that Jellystone hasn't been renewed for a second season)

CONVENTIONS PREDICTIONS

Kiff, and Hamster And Gretel get their first looks at SDCC during the Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur, The Owl House and Big City Greens panels

Hailey's On It and Kiff gets a panel at NYCC 2022 where they unveil the cast

Concept Art For Primos and whatever Disney Channel show for 2024 gets unveiled on Disney TVA's D23 Panel on September.

Last edited:
It is announced that Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Disney Junior in the United States will cease operations in 2023, and Disney will commit to producing shows for third-party networks like Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and PBS, as well as shows for third-party streaming services, in addition to Disney+.
Yeah, that's not happening anytime soon, there's still gonna be new content coming to the channels by then, at least for Disney Channel and Disney Junior. Certainly only wishful thinking on your part especially on the Nick, CN, PBS part.

Last edited:

Johntoonfan05

What are your predictions for The Walt Disney Company in 2022? Here are some of mine:

Pixar
  • "Turning Red" releases in theatres in March (no simultaneous Disney+ release, not even a theatre-skip to the streamer)
  • A movie based on the Sam & Max comics, directed by the original creator, Steve Purcell, is announced.
  • "A Bug's Life 2" is announced.
Walt Disney Animation Studios
  • "Searcher Clade", which comes out November 2022, is revealed to be a 2D-animated feature, perhaps using the animation technique from the 2021 Disney short "Far from the Tree".
Disney Television Animation
  • Season 3B of "Amphibia" premieres in Spring 2022. The show overall wraps up with a big finale.
  • "The Owl House" is renewed after all, and becomes a Disney+ Original Series.
  • "The Ghost and Molly McGee" has a Passover episode, since Molly's human friend, Libby, is Jewish, and Passover is a Jewish holiday.
  • Disney Television Animation announces a new series created by Rebecca Sugar and Ian Jones-Quartey.
  • Disney Television Animation announces an "anime-esque" show.
  • Disney Television Animation announces some darker/edgier projects for Disney+.
Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Junior
  • It is announced that Disney Channel, Disney XD, and Disney Junior in the United States will cease operations in 2023, and Disney will commit to producing shows for third-party networks like Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and PBS, as well as shows for third-party streaming services, in addition to Disney+.
Disney+
  • "Titan A.E.", "Once Upon A Forest", "A Troll in Central Park", "The Pagemaster", "FernGully: The Last Rainforest", "Bartok the Magnificent", and "FernGully 2: The Magical Rescue" come to Disney+.
  • Disney+ announces movie-length specials based on The Simpsons.
Other
  • Susan Arnold is the best thing that has happened to Disney, and even quickly becomes CEO, replacing Bob Chapek.
  • The Walt Disney Company purchases The Jim Henson Company.
  • Disney purchases the rights to the "Thomas & Friends" franchise, because Mattel has been horrible to it.
  • Disney opens some new animation units in China, South Korea, India, Malaysia, and the Philippines.
  • Disney acquires Lionel, LLC
I don't see Disney Channel or Junior shutting down anytime soon there's still new Content for both Channels to Come in the Future but XD could be possible but for Disney Channel and Junior no shutting down yet.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I could see shows like Alice's Wonderland Bakery and Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur getting a season 2.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
The Disney Channel will have a late-night adult block to compete with Adult Swim and Nick at Night.
This is definitely not going to happen. If The Owl House doesn't fit with the Disney brand, there's no way they'd be open to going the [adult swim] route. Any adult ventures would likely go to Hulu or Star; the Disney name is not going in front of anything hardcore for adults.

Also, those blocks have been going for years; if Disney had any inclination to compete in that market, they'd have done it by now.

Asa

Here's my new prediction:

Seasons 1-3 of Miraculous Ladybug will release on Disney+ and the final 13 episodes of season 4 will release.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Elijah Abrams said:
"Season 3B of "Amphibia" premieres in Spring 2022. The show overall wraps up with a big finale.
The Owl House" is renewed after all, and becomes a Disney+ Original Series.
"The Ghost and Molly McGee" has a Passover episode, since Molly's human friend, Libby, is Jewish, and Passover is a Jewish holiday.
Disney Television Animation announces a new series created by Rebecca Sugar and Ian Jones-Quartey.
Disney Television Animation announces an "anime-esque" show.
Disney Television Animation announces some darker/edgier projects for Disney+.

Are these predictions or wishes? Because the only one of these that seems likely to happen is the first one about Amphibia, and maybe the one about The Ghost and Molly McGee.

And I honestly don't get why people want Disney to embrace "dark/edgy" content when you can get that just about anywhere else. Disney provides an alternative to edgy and dark. If The Owl House was deemed too much for the Mouse House, then there's no way the studio will make something like Akira.

Anyway, I've got one: Mickey Mouse Works finally becomes available for streaming on Disney+, though again, that's more of a hope than a prediction.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts