"Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Animated)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Didn't see this posted yet, but Marvel has some key artwork for Season 3:
https://news.marvel.com/tv/68527/pr...series-marvels-spider-man-announced-d23-expo/
Series stars Will Friedle (“Boy Meets World”), Trevor Devall (“Johnny Test”), Vanessa Marshall (“Star Wars Rebels”), David Sobolov (“Transformers: Prime”) and Kevin Michael Richardson (“The Cleveland Show”), along with Lane and Quesada, announced that the Guardians will return for a brand-new third season on Disney XD titled “Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout.” The third season will find the Guardians gaining fame and fortune, but quickly knocked back on their heels after being framed by the Collector. The Guardians will travel to new universes, stage a massive sting operation inside the Nova Corps, and expose a Secret Invasion years in the making. A little bad and a little good – all in a day’s work. Check out the link above for all-new artwork for “Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout.”

TheLemsterPju

I don't know if anyone noticed the part where it mentioned a season three episode would have Gamora in a "Disney-Princess" reality lol

Frontier

Staff member
Didn't see this posted yet, but Marvel has some key artwork for Season 3:
https://news.marvel.com/tv/68527/pr...series-marvels-spider-man-announced-d23-expo/
I was kind of hoping Guardians avoid getting saddled with a sub-title that will likely have little to do with the actual plot of the season :sweat:.

I mean, "Mission Breakout?" I get that they're doing a tie-in to the ride, but I don't think that's going to take an entire season or that we'll see the Guardians breaking out of stuff across the entire season o_O.

The premise sounds interesting though, with the Guardians riding on a high after beating The Magus and J'So, only to get framed and brought down a peg by the Collector. I wonder if he'll be the Main villain of the season :ack:?

I also wonder how this "Secret Invasion" is going to work. Will the Skrulls actually show up :rolleyes2:?

I don't know if anyone noticed the part where it mentioned a season three episode would have Gamora in a "Disney-Princess" reality lol
They should make it a crossover with Tangled: The Series. I could totally be down for that :D.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Rounding up the news from the Comic-Con panel, via Newsarama's live coverage:
https://www.newsarama.com/35564-sdcc-2017-marvel-animation-presents-panel.html

First up is Guardians of the Galaxy, Season 2, which will feature Adam Warlock, as well as Drax returning to his home planet to face a new villain.
This new villainess, Xeron, says that Drax is a "heretic" and does not deserve the title of Destroyer, who is destined to destroy the Warlock. Drax fled his people to have a family.
The panel then showed a clip of Drax and Xeron sparring about their responsibilities, before literally sparring, falling into the temple of the Sphinx, which presents Drax with his deepest challenge: a metaphor.
Griffin then discussed Season 3, which will be themed to the ride at California Adventure, "Mission: Breakout," after the Guardians are captured by the Collector, leaving Rocket to rescue them.
Wacker said that, like Spider-Verse before it, there will be episodes of Guardians done in different styles.
Stan Lee will also appear in this cartoon.

Frontier

Staff member

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
It's impressive that Stan Lee can still do voice acting even at his age. I know a lot of people retire much earlier.

Frontier

Staff member
I wonder when we'll see the High Evolutionary again? Is Yondu dead as they didn't save him?
High Evolutionary, Yondu, Nebula, and maybe Titus are all still in Adam's Soul Gem. We don't know what happened to Yondu after HE"s experiments but I doubt he's dead :ack:.

From the sounds of it, the endgame for this season is going to be all the villains in Adam's Gem effecting him, so we'll probably see them all again in connection to that :evil:.

Marvel/DCfan

Was that female with the staff suppose to be xeron?? She looks exactly like Drax with a wig lol

Last edited:

General Mike

I hope we never see High Evolutionary again. Hated him in Hulk and the Agents of SMASH and don't care enough to see him again.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts