"Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Animated)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Latest News

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
Ratings
7,773 6
A Valid Location
Welcome to the third installment of the Guardians of the Galaxy News & Discussion Thread, here on the Marvel Animation Forum! Keep up to date with any news about Marvel's newest animated series, and use this thread to discuss them in a civilized manner!

Sundays on Disney XD

Guardians of the Galaxy series description:
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy season two will follow Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, and Groot on a mission to protect Star-Lord's home planet of Earth, when they cross pass with Earth's Mightiest Heroes, the Avengers. After an epic battle, the two teams come together to save Earth from an alien mad scientist, The High Evolutionary, but inadvertently unleash an ancient weapon. With every alien baddie in the galaxy after this weapon, the Guardians must unlock its secrets before it destroys them and everything they've sworn to protect.
Guardians of the Galaxy crew details:
Produced by Marvel Animation, the series' award-winning creative team includes executive producers Alan Fine (Marvel's The Avengers, Iron Man, Thor), Dan Buckley (Marvel's Avengers Assemble, Marvel’s Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.), Joe Quesada (Marvel's Avengers Assemble) and Jeph Loeb (Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.); co-executive producers Stan Lee (Spider-Man), Eric Radomski (Spawn, Marvel's Avengers Assemble), Cort Lane (Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man) and Stephen Wacker (Marvel's Avengers Assemble); supervising producers Marty Isenberg (Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Master) and Harrison Wilcox (Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.); consulting producer Steven Melching (Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.); and supervising director Leo Riley (TRON: Uprising).
Stay tuned for further updates on Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy here at Toonzone!

Comments?

Previous Discussion Thread:
"Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Animated)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)
"Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (Animated)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

Last edited:

Greg91

Reporter
Dec 30, 2013
Ratings
1,768 5
Canada
I wonder if they get complimentary premiere or theater tickets, what with being the cartoon Guardians and all ;)?
Yeah, that would be pretty cool. I'm not sure if they would get that kind of special treatment but that would be really nice of Marvel.

It must be cool for them to see the characters on the big screen, now that they've play them in the show.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,435 46
Sherman Oaks CA
I think it will. Movie dropped so new content to sell to the kiddies though with Deadpool coming out Marvel has never juggled more than three shows on television and AA sells toys like gangbusters.
I don't think Marvel Animation is all that involved in the Deadpool cartoon's production. I think Loeb just basically signed off on it and FX's own studios are handling it.

So the only major cartoons I think they're working on right now are Marvel's Spider-Man, Guardians season 2, and Avengers: Secret Wars.

SweetShop209

Jan 5, 2014
Ratings
2,510 8
I don't think Marvel Animation is all that involved in the Deadpool cartoon's production. I think Loeb just basically signed off on it and FX's own studios are handling it.

So the only major cartoons I think they're working on right now are Marvel's Spider-Man, Guardians season 2, and Avengers: Secret Wars.
Don't forget Big Hero 6.

Also, I'm a bit surprised that this seasons is moving so Quickly. I mean, at least 2 Saturdays have 2-3 episodes together.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,435 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Don't forget Big Hero 6.

Also, I'm a bit surprised that this seasons is moving so Quickly. I mean, at least 2 Saturdays have 2-3 episodes together.
Yeah, though I'm pretty sure Disney is handling Big Hero 6 through one of their in-house studios rather then through Marvel Animation.

I think they wanted to rush out all those episodes to time it with Vol. 2's premiere and benefit from some of the movie hype, along with Labor Day Weekend, and they've been airing the multi-parter's for the cartoons back-to-back since USM's finale.

TheLemsterPju

Jan 17, 2015
Ratings
1,538 10
I've seen a couple of concept artists for this show refer to working on it in a past tense. I just recently talked to one of them (who I won't name for the sake of his career), and he hasn't heard anything about a third season. :(

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,435 46
Sherman Oaks CA
I've seen a couple of concept artists for this show refer to working on it in a past tense. I just recently talked to one of them (who I won't name for the sake of his career), and he hasn't heard anything about a third season. :(
Well, I think production isn't exactly finished on season 2 and I also don't think we're quite far enough in at this point for Marvel/Disney to announce a season 3 for the series.

So I wouldn't lose hope ;).

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,435 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Do you think that Ronan and Thanos will appear again?

I've given up on Korath appearances. Dudes and any ladies who post here, join me and demand Deathshead!
I mean, if Nebula survived the destruction of their ship I don't think it would be too much of a stretch for Ronan to come back. Granted, I don't think the writers are in any hurry to bring him back :sweat:.

Thanos, I'm imagining, is probably slowly-but-surely clawing himself out of the Earth's core right now. I also have my doubts he'll return this season, but I think it'd be cool to see him go toe-to-toe with Warlock :cool:.

Isn't Korath still trapped in Rocket's portal device :confused:?

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
May 26, 2015
Ratings
848 2
NY
I mean, if Nebula survived the destruction of their ship I don't think it would be too much of a stretch for Ronan to come back. Granted, I don't think the writers are in any hurry to bring him back :sweat:.

Thanos, I'm imagining, is probably slowly-but-surely clawing himself out of the Earth's core right now. I also have my doubts he'll return this season, but I think it'd be cool to see him go toe-to-toe with Warlock :cool:.

Isn't Korath still trapped in Rocket's portal device :confused:?
Idk fam you tell me lol. What about Deathshead?

Everyone who is one character you want to see? I want to see Doctor Doom. His GOTG plots are good in the comics.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Stephanie Sheh voicing Izzy Park the same way she does Sailor Moon has me considering the chance of Nazneen Contractor dubbing some "Sailor Moon" episodes I currently dont plan to buy.
Watched the newest Halloween yesterday
I can’t express my unpopular opinions without someone yelling or disagreeing at me why I’m a monster for thinking that way (liking adult animation, SpongeBob’s new episodes are inferior, etc.)
If you have Starz Encore Family (Not Kids & Family, but Family...) 1 hour as of this post, they'll be playing "Inspector Gadget Saves Christmas" and "Sonic Christmas Blast". (3:19pm-4:06pm EST) Both will play again at some point.
I'm at episode 50 of {Batman: TAS ∧ Hey Arnold}.