"Vixen" Animated Series News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I noticed further down in the article it said "a bonus episode on DVD"? One of the upcoming live action releases?

Frontier

Staff member
I still get a kick out of seeing other Arrowverse heroes in animation and looking good :D.

Hey, Weather Wizard! Nice seeing him around and proving just how dangerous he can be. I doubt they got Liam Mclntyre back to voice him though :sweat:.

The new details on Vixen's costume are neat :cool:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Looks pretty awesome, I wasn't expecting other villains from the live-action shows to appear here as well. They all look great and the clip was cool, and I'm looking forward to the new season.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Oh, ok. Firestorm said 'Monument Point' - where Roy went to in season 3. That's in D.C. in the comics but I doubt it's the same in this canon, lol. Hopefully I can get into a couple episodes of Arrow and Flash when the seasons release on DVD-Blu next month so I can get some context into stuff like the new Firestorm--well, 1/2 new. That sounded like Martin Stein will still be voiced by Victor Garber. Odd they didn't confirm him in recent news.

Frontier

Staff member
With Flash's white chest emblem and the new Firestorm, it definitely looks like season 2 of Vixen takes place fairly early into season 2 of both Flash and Arrow.

Greg91

Reporter
Well season 2 of the Flash and season 4 of Arrow. After Jax and Stein become Firestorm and before they join the Legend of Tomorrow crew.

Greg91

Reporter
I haven't seen season 2 of Flash or 4 of Arrow or LoT...so go easy on me. lol.
You gotta keep up, dude! I'm just kidding, buddy. You're awesome. Don't worry about it. Either way, August definitely looks like a catch-up month with all the DVDs coming out. Plus with Supergirl being tied to the Arrowverse, watching that show might be beneficial as well.

By the way, I hope my previous comment wasn't too spoilery.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
You gotta keep up, dude! I'm just kidding, buddy. You're awesome. Don't worry about it. Either way, August definitely looks like a catch-up month with all the DVDs coming out. Plus with Supergirl being tied to the Arrowverse, watching that show might be beneficial as well.

By the way, I hope my previous comment wasn't too spoilery.
Yeah, the CW DC stuff and Supernatural, I just watch it all when it releases on DVD now as a compromise. I just can't watch everything as it airs anymore.

It's ok, obviously by the video teaser, Stein is with someone else now. lol.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
This Screen Crush article confirms the voice actors for Firestorm:

As debuted at Comic-Con 2016, our first look at Vixen Season 2 sees Grant Gustin again lending his voice to the scarlet speedster (with a slightly-more accurate design this time), teaming with Franz Drameh and Victor Garber’s Firestorm to take on the second Weather Wizard. Don’t worry, Megalyn E.K.’s Vixen still shows up to save the day (it is her series, but might be in a bit of trouble.

Frontier

Staff member
Mark's not the second Weather Wizard. His brother technically had weather powers, but he was never called Weather Wizard.

Just to make things clear ;).

Frontier

Staff member
I'm kind of surprised the costumes look so similar, at least from an in-universe standpoint, given Mari's didn't design her until decades later :sweat:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm kind of surprised the costumes look so similar, at least from an in-universe standpoint, given Mari's didn't design her until decades later :sweat:.
8/11: Maybe the Tantu Totem was subtly influencing the design process over the decades.

9/2: Noticed on Amazon, the Arrow season 3 and Flash season 2 sets have all 6 Vixen season 1 webisodes included. Can anyone with the Arrow set verify?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts