Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - Poor

• 0 - Kill it with Fire!!

• Total voters

JShaggy

You Serious?!
This month's Toonzone AotM honor goes to the suspenseful action anime series, Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom.

2ecb3547-fa61-48fe-a94b-2c5dc92f03e4_zps4f0b427a.jpg

The complete series, from the studio and director behind Noir and Madlax, is available now from Funimation.

Synopsis:
Watch Phantom - Watch Anime & Live Action Streaming Episodes & Video Online

Funimation.com said:
A young man regains consciousness in an unfamiliar room with no memory of who he is or how he got there. His past is lost – and his future belongs to Inferno, a violent crime syndicate that’s waging bloody war on the mafia underground.
The organization gives him a new name – Zwei – and teams him with their top assassin, the enigmatic Ein. They call her “Phantomâ€, and she’ll teach Zwei all he needs to know about his new life as an Inferno operative, starting with lesson number one: kill or be killed.

Discuss your thoughts about the series, keeping any and all potential spoilers to a minimum. Also, don't forget to rate the series when you're finished.

Enjoy!

Leaping Larry Jojo

Searching for a map
This got mixed reviews from critics, but I have a soft spot for this one as it was the first anime TV series I watched entirely in HD. I think the one thing it excelled most at was building suspense. We need more of these crime action-anime these days.

Viper

I'll Never Forget You Two!
Well, I'm glad my choice won. Regardless of the action being a little intense, I still find it very enjoyable!:D

GoldenSaint

I wasn't a big fan of exactly how the last episode wrapped up, since that little bit I won't spoil here was added specifically for this anime.

Other than that, I suppose it was pretty derivative of various sources but fairly enjoyable for the most part.

GoldenSaint

If they had framed it just a little better, perhaps I could agree. The exact way they pulled it off came across as somewhat jarring.

Leaping Larry Jojo

Searching for a map
It depends what you mean by framing.
I think that if they went down fighting in a tragic or glorious death, it would have inadvertently made the characters into martyrs. And if there's one thing a show about criminals should never do is make their characters into martyrs, no matter how much the audience is attached to them. Having them die a sudden and unexpected death seems much more appropriate to the cold blooded nature of the show. You can be the greatest assassin in the world, but all it takes is one unexpected to bullet to end it all if you're in the world of crime.
It's a little like those old decorated war veterans that saved so many lives or killed so many enemies in 'Nam or WWI or WW2...and then end up slipping in the shower and breaking their necks at the age of 55. Crap happens. You don't always get a good ending, and in a show like this that is most definitely not romantic or about heroism of any kind, I'm not that upset with the route they took.

Look at the bright side though. At least it wasn't as bad as the Sopranos' ending, LOL. At least YOU KNEW what happened here.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Got some TMNT 87 on in the background. I now realise that A Real Snow Job is almost certainly the episode I was watching on UK Nickelodeon in 1997 when they put text at the bottom telling us to turn to BBC for an important news story. The story was the death of Princess Diana.
CassieTheDragon wrote on PinkieLopBun's profile.
Sagwa
when I saw parkersfan89 said bet is a kids channel & owned by disney, im reminded of the time where I called Harry Potter & willy wonka disney movies in a thread, I feel like I should have went with narnia & percy Jackson for that comment in that same thread instead
Sparklefan1234 wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
Hello, how are you? Your avatar and profile banner make me happy!

3b31fbada42053f1e2aa11f016fa62cf.gif
Sparklefan1234 wrote on JMTV's profile.
2760f9276baa30bdf9944425ac99626b.jpg
:daffy:

Featured Posts