The Secret Saturdays - "The Kur Guardian" - Talkback [6/19]

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
Jay, would you happen to know if new episodes of “The Secret Saturdays” are ever going to go back to Friday nights or is its home staying on Saturday mornings from now on?

Jay Stephens

TSS Creator
I'm not the least bit involved in scheduling, so I honestly have no idea. A saturday premiere for new episodes is rather more fitting, though.

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
I'm not the least bit involved in scheduling, so I honestly have no idea. A saturday premiere for new episodes is rather more fitting, though.
I guess it’s true that they don’t keep you guys in the loop. I just hope 8:30 AM is late enough in the morning for the kids to be awake.

Collie

Total Drama Llama
Okay, where to start ...

Little Zak was, of course, adorable.

I wonder how Doc and Drew are gonna take the news about Fiskerton ... and the fact that Doyle lied to them about the training exercise, though it must be admitted, Zak learned a heck of a lot!

I'm kind of hoping we see Abbey again, just so she can mess with Doyle. "Bad idea ... to leave ... without saying hi to ... girl." So much for Mr. Smooth and Cool.

LucemonX

Baron, NOOOOOOOOO!
Remember kiddies, as long as she's ugly and a reptilian, it is perfectly fine to beat down girls. :p

lol Well, she did kind of start it. She was trying to beat on them first.

I have to third or forth (or whatever we're on now) the love for little Zak (so CUTE!) and Abbey. She's so cool. Little Zak doing karate on the bed...lol

I LOVE our cast.

And, yes indeed, Komodo was the first official cryptid to join the Saturday clan. He is much more of a 'dog' to the family than Fisk is-- Fisk is simply too humanoid in his behaviour to be considered anything less than a 'brother' to Zak. A huge kid brother! Zon's personality is more like that of a horse. Skittish, wild, and kept out of the house.

I must say I love the cast, too. XD They're so awesome with all the voicing.

lol I thought it looked like when Komodo first came at Fisk, it looked like he was almost trying to bark. Silly komodo dragon! I love Komodo, though. Now I'm also kinda laughing at the Zon = horse personality. I love Zon too, but she does seem a tad bit wild.

The battle between Fisk, Doyle, Zak, and Rani Nagi (or is it interchangeable? Nagi Rani/Rani Nagi, or doesn't matter?) was great. She's scary when she's trying to attack people. Fisk swinging her by tail and then tossing her out the hole in the wall was just the "LOL, YES!" moment of my day again. Fisk is awesome.

Are we going to see more details of maybe how Doc got that scar and bad eye eventually? It's making me curious now.

(I also wonder if Abbey's going to become the fist fangirl-loathed character now because of her and Doyle...XD Oh boy.)

Oops, I just remembered more I wanted to say now: Doyle's talk of his being brought up as a punk thug/to crooked mercenary. Poor Doyle. :(

At least he reformed after meeting his family and turned out to be a neat good guy. Well, with somewhat wreckless tendencies, but still.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Okay, this was an awesome episode. I actually wondered how this show could continue to be so wonderful with these new episodes after I finished watching it last night. First, baby Zak is downright adorable. I had a feeling he would be cute, but it's like I want to just hug him. And the way that he was treating Fisk even back then was just so sweet. Abby was really nice female character and I thought that Zak's crush on her was pretty cute. I liked how she had all of this knowledge on ancient cultures.

I thought that Doyle was totally awesome in this episode. Not only did he have hilarious lines, but the way he was expressing his life story to the talking stone made him look even cooler to me. I thought that the fight with the snake woman was pretty good. I was so glad that it turned out that Fisk guards the world from Kur, instead of protecting Kur. They did a really good job on making it sound like they were there to protect Kur. I was glad that both Doc and Drew would be in on Fisk's secret. I wouldn't be surprised if they would be upset at Doyle for not telling them, but Fisk was too nervous to let his secret out for awhile. Doyle getting a date at the end was a funny way to end the episode.

Overall, it was an awesome episode. I loved the way that the story picked up and it really does look like it's picking up steam with the Kur storyline. Awesome work to Mr. Stephens and the entire cast and staff for making this series. I'm so looking foreword to seeing what the next new episode has in store for these characters.

Jay Stephens

TSS Creator
I know that the locations in this episode (The Library At Alexandria, The Sphinx, and Shangri-La) are fairly traditional, if not typical, adventure settings, but you know we had to do it eventually! I mean, The Secret Saturdays are nothing if not capital 'A' Adventure heroes, and Adventure heroes always end up in Egypt. Abbey being a 'cryptoarcheologist' specializing in Lost Civilizations gave us the perfect excuse.

I know we revealed a lot of secrets in this one, but don't worry. There are plenty more shocking revelations to come in future episodes...

And I promise you will get to see EXACTLY how Doc got that nasty eye wound in the next season, coming this Fall.

suciune

MIKU FAN
thats good and bye the way who does THE voice for fisk ......cause he must be pretty good to do that that would hurt my throught i also wonder who did the brick monkey heads voice,and i cant wait to see what kur looks like i wonder what it will be like i mean there are alot of cryptid connections to kur...um and finnaly i wonder why naga wants kur to be reveled mabey she also has somehting to do with this i meant that would explain her being on the kur stone anyway id really just want to know who does the voice of fisk...i mean i couldnt do that i would have a really sore throught in the morning!! very good episode and id like to thank all the cast and directors for another asome episode!!!!YOU ALL ROCK WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:D:D

suciune

MIKU FAN
WOW thanks cant wait to see kur anyway what is the name of the monkey head what is it some kinda of wise thing that told the lemurian people thing or something id really like to know what exactly is the monkey head called

Jay Stephens

TSS Creator
You've already gotten renewed for a second season, for certain? AWESOME.
We're already in post-production on the second season, meaning most of the episodes are already in the process of being animated overseas (in Korea, to be exact). Ten more episodes after the initial 26. And it'll blow your minds!

Keep your fingers crossed for a season 3...

And since you asked, the Lemurian head was a psychically activated stone idol that contained the ancient knowledge of the Lemurian race, and spoke directly to their minds (which is why we could 'hear' it in English). Sort of like a mystical computer. Only a true Lemurian could activate it.

warnerbroman

Did I miss something or did the Naga appeared out of nowhere

dose she live there if not how'd she follow them

Jay Stephens

TSS Creator
The general idea is that she knew where they would inevitably end up. It makes sense if you think about it. She mentioned that Fisk was a Lemurian right in front of him (plainly establishing that she has knowledge of Lemurians) and then saw him escape. She knew Fisk would have to follow that trail when he decided to investigate his past. If you look closely at the ruins of Shangri-La, you'll see the ancient Lemurian carvings have been defaced with serpent graffitti. Nagas had been there before.

You really hate the Naga, don't you, warnerbroman?

warnerbroman

The general idea is that she knew where they would inevitably end up. It makes sense if you think about it. She mentioned that Fisk was a Lemurian right in front of him (plainly establishing that she has knowledge of Lemurians) and then saw him escape. She knew Fisk would have to follow that trail when he decided to investigate his past. If you look closely at the ruins of Shangri-La, you'll see the ancient Lemurian carvings have been defaced with serpent graffitti. Nagas had been there before.

You really hate the Naga, don't you, warnerbroman?
it's the design (so ugly), I was hoping for a mermaid but with a snake's body instead of a fish

but I accept it as she is a villain.

Naga:"it's about time I been sitting here for a week"

did the floating head tell Fisk where kur is to guard it or will he have to figure it out

Collie

Total Drama Llama
I have a weird question, Mr. Stephens.

Have you and/or your staff actually made a translation map of any sort for 'Fisk-speak', or does Mr. Bader just mosey up to the mic and start making noises? You know, like certain sounds he makes translate to English? I'd swear I'm getting to the point I can understand him even when someone doesn't echo his speech like that one episode in Louisiana.

Zak: "Fisk, hammer throw, but straight up!"
Fisk: "Ooby zu ba dabwa?"
Zak: "YES, I want you to catch me after!"

warnerbroman

I have a weird question, Mr. Stephens.

Have you and/or your staff actually made a translation map of any sort for 'Fisk-speak', or does Mr. Bader just mosey up to the mic and start making noises? You know, like certain sounds he makes translate to English? I'd swear I'm getting to the point I can understand him even when someone doesn't echo his speech like that one episode in Louisiana.

Zak: "Fisk, hammer throw, but straight up!"
Fisk: "Ooby zu ba dabwa?"
Zak: "YES, I want you to catch me after!"
I thought it was like R2-D2 and Anakin Skywalker that they understand because they been around each other so long

suciune

MIKU FAN
well i dont really know but thanks for telling me what that leumarian head really is i wondered about that thanks for answering Jay!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

did I just get threatened by breakfast cereal
I’ve come to a realization. With Superman, Unicorn, Checkered Past, and now Invincible Fight Girl, Adult Swim is straying away from their mission of being adult-only animation, one that’s even in their NAME, to get more advertisers.

The exact reason why CN Real existed.
I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.

Featured Posts