Talkback: Pokemon the Series: SM: Ultra Adventures: "A Plethora of Pikachu!" [2/16]

Light Lucario

Staff member
pokemonultraadv-jpg.190241

Join Ash and Pikachu as they make new friend and explore the Alola region.

Recently:
Adults throughout Alola are showing an extreme lack of energy.
The Ultra Guardians, along with Gladion, team up to figure out what is going on.
Team Rocket appears to find the Blinding One.
Lunala suddenly appears out of an Ultra Wormhole.
A new Ultra Best UB Black absorbs Lunala.
Team Rocket attempts to capture Lunala.
Ash and his friends get Lunala back, but Solgalo is absorbed instead.
The adults regain their energy.
Lunala's energy is restored thanks to Ash's, Kiawe's, Lana's and Gladion's Z-Rings.
Ash and his friends travel through the Ultra Wormhole to save Solgaleo.
Professor Kukui and Faba confront Team Rocket.
Ash and his friends arrive in Poipole's world and learn more about Necrozma.
Ash, Gladion, Kiawe and Lana offer their Z-Moves to Necrozma to save it and Solgaleo.
Faba discovers that Professor Kukui is the Masked Royal.
All the people and Pokemon within Alola share their Ultra Auras to restore Necrozma.
Necrozma releases Solgaleo and is fully restored.
Poipole's world is saved and it decides to stay to help protect its world.

Last Time:
"Securing the Future!"

Inside the Ultra Wormhole, the Ultra Guardians are fighting to save Poipole’s world by using their Pokémon’s Z-Moves against Necrozma. Unfortunately, not even their combined strength is enough to free Solgaleo from Necrozma’s grasp and restore the fearsome Ultra Beast to its original form as The Blinding One. Will Ash and his friends find a way to heal Necrozma, save Solgaleo and restore the light in Poipole's world?

This Time:
"A Plethora of Pikachu!"
Saturday February 9th, 9:00AM

Ash and Kiawe have gone to the Pikachu Valley where many Pikachu live. They meet a trainer who loves Pikachu. As the Pikachu come in many varieties in the valley, Ash's Pikachu is somewhat amused, but when Team Rocket show up, their Mimikyu starts going wild. Will Ash and Kiawe be able to protect all of the Pikachu?​

Notes:
The 21st season of Pokemon is here to keep promoting the seventh generation.
Disney XD is the new home for the Pokemon anime series.
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee are available for the Switch now.
A new Mystical Pokemon named Meltan and its evolved form Melmetal have been revealed.
There is another main series Pokemon game in development for the Switch system.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I've been a little behind on Pokemon so I've finally watched the episodes I've missed but DVR'd (which was alot) so was able to watch this episode the same day it aired.
Well this episode exceeded how many time you can say the word pika. Pikala was an interesting character , she's really devoted to Pikachu. Was nice seeing the desings of the pikachu with the curly hair and the one with the Elvis hair. Team Rocket getting into the Pika act was though, even after hearing Pika like 750 times before they showed up. Otherwise a fairly light episode kind of brain hurting might not rewatch this too much.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this episode was okay. It was kind of strange how Ash, Kiawe and Mimo were just suddenly at Pikachu Valley. Pikala was certainly devoted to her Pikachu. Adding in the term Pika all the time got pretty old pretty fast. It was funny how Kiawe went from not liking it to embracing it after Mimo wanted him to try it though. The dialogue puns might have flowed better in Japanese than they did in English.

It was neat to see a bunch of different Pikachu, although they oddly gave the Alolan Pikachu dub voices. They weren't bad, but it was strange when Pikachu's voice is the same in both versions. The whole conflict between Pikachu and the Alolan Pikachu was a bit odd, but Kiawe being upset that Mimo knew about romantic relationships was pretty funny. I liked the detail of why Alolan Pikachu have a more shiny coat than other kind of Pikachu. It was a nice bit of worldbuilding details that help to make the Alola region more immersive in the series. I also liked how they made a nod to how Pikachu keep coming out of the truck like what happens in the games.

Team Rocket's plan was pretty decent and being able to use Mimikyu's Z-Move as a way to capture more Pokemon could be an interesting way to showcase the move more often in the future. It was funny how they couldn't even pick Ash's Pikachu from the group despite spending so much time trying to steal it. I wasn't expecting Pikala to use another Pikachu Z-Move to save everyone. It did save the Pikachu and allow for the female Pikachu to fall in love with the shiny Pikachu. Since Pikachu needs to know Volt Tackle in order to learn that Z-Move, Ash's Pikachu wouldn't be able to use it, so they did have to rely on another character to showcase the move.

Overall, it was an okay episode. While the end of the Necrozma arc would have been a nice place to end the season on, this episode wouldn't be the best way to start off a new season. There some funny moments and a few details that I liked, but it wasn't too engaging.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I REALLY HOPE Adult Swim puts an episode of American Dad before Sailor Moon on Toonami Rewind, CN's shows are NOT CAPABLE giving ratings by their sheer popularity.

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.

Featured Posts